List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting aside Logue because we need to sign him up. He is a quality defender. Let’s not forget Cox missed half the season in 2021 and sadly APearce has missed plenty of seasons. Logue has shown a willingness to be flexible and play alternative roles (ruck, centre half forward and forward pocket). Don’t want to trade him at all. There are some rumours West Coast are having a stab at him and I should hope Logue gives that the respect it deserves.

With regards to Georgiades for mine he is exactly the sort of player we need. Medium tall, takes a nice mark and knows where the goals are. He does seem to have dropped off a little this year but expect him to bounce back. Has kicked around 60 goals in his 45 games. He had an interrupted final year in the lead up to being drafted and also had an interrupted pre-season just gone. I very much doubt Port would let him go and the budgies would be right into him if he did decide to come home. We won’t be able to bring in Georgiades if we are already bringing in Jackson. That one will go deep into the trade period and Georgiades is under contract. We just don’t have draft capital to make that happen. Sure someone will say St Kilda got all those players but they started with pick 6 and we’re starting with pick 14 (maybe 15) and no second round pick.

Given our draft capital I expect us not to be too active aside from replacing Lobb with Jackson and the deals will be involved in some way along with our current first. We will likely then use Future draft picks and some depth players to see us try and get a couple of earlier picks. Players and picks that come to mind - Darcy Tucker (3rd round pick around 42-50), Hamling (slight upgrade of our current 4th pick - currently 72 - something like 72 and Hamling for 63) and Future 2nd and/or F3 for current mid to late third that a club will likely not use (pick around 48-54) and as part of the Jackson trade.

Lobb, 14 > 9, 27
F3 > 50
Jackson Pick 9, F2, 50 > Jackson, 69
Hamling, 72 > 63
Tucker > 45

Jackson in Lobb out
2022 ND: 27, 45, 63, 69 (in for Hamling, Tucker, Valente, Mundy)
Sturt, Logue, Wilson, Aish, Acres re-signed (Wilson borderline - if Tucker stays Wilson goes).
2023 ND: F1, F4 (Freo), F4 (Mel)
Rookie: 1 pick (Crowden/Blakely delisted but one replaced with Kuek).
Cat-B: Jasper Scaife
Personally think we keep Tucker & Hamling,
Meek will go if Jackson signs

I think we keep Meek, nobody comes knocking for Joel Hamling and Tucker goes.

Seems like it.

Regarding a previous post, WC cannot trade this year's first round unless they somehow find another one. So notionally it might be their first for Jackson and Melbourne's first.

Georgiades is an unconvincing option to me, and not a good match for Amiss and Treacy.
I think Georgiades is similar to how Clark was last year in that he has some more experienced players that displaced him in the team but he shows exceptional talent early in his career. I think he's an elite talent personally. Last year he looked exceptional from what I saw for a 19 year old. Plus I think he is absolutely ideal to pair with Amiss and Treacy. Georgiades is super quick on the lead. Him and Amiss would be two of the quicker leading forwards on afl lists currently. They would be very hard to match up on.

I think Georgiades is similar to how Clark was last year in that he has some more experienced players that displaced him in the team but he shows exceptional talent early in his career. I think he's an elite talent personally. Last year he looked exceptional from what I saw for a 19 year old. Plus I think he is absolutely ideal to pair with Amiss and Treacy. Georgiades is super quick on the lead. Him and Amiss would be two of the quicker leading forwards on afl lists currently. They would be very hard to match up on.

I’d like him but I just don’t see it happening this year short of the Power blowing up. Would also cost a late first at minimum I’d think and don’t know if we’ll be able to swing that with Jackson as well unless we lost Logue

Having said that, it seems the off-season to end all off-seasons at the moment so who knows

Interesting that inside trading says Wilson and Western are yet to be offered contracts

Sturt not named so maybe he has one on the table but is looking to leave?
They probably won't sign the fringe players until they sort out Jackson's salary.

Also the Tommy Talks with OBYB has me slightly concerned about big Logie Bear

Way more hesitant to say anything about signing compared to earlier in the year, reckon some big offers from oppo clubs may be really enticing for him
What did he say when he was asked abt signing?

What did he say when he was asked abt signing?
Leave it to Colin Young, he's the master

and that he will leave it til after the season

nothing like earlier in the season where he said he loves the club

Tommy also didn't really want to bring up contracts which is worrying as they are good mates so he would have some inside info, last year he was pushing for a contract for Dave on the poddy but he wasn't saying anything like "belly get this man his money" about Griff, just felt like he knew not to touch the subject which could mean bad news coming up for us

Tommy also didn't really want to bring up contracts which is worrying as they are good mates so he would have some inside info, last year he was pushing for a contract for Dave on the poddy but he wasn't saying anything like "belly get this man his money" about Griff, just felt like he knew not to touch the subject which could mean bad news coming up for us
I refuse to accept that he's leaving and choose to believe that he's just been told by his manager to keep his cards close to his chest. You're not going to get more money by declaring that you love the club and are desperate to stay there.

Also don't think players are that open about contracts to those around them, but that's just an assumption. Everything gus said right before his announcement seemed to point towards him leaving, and even his own brother seemed to have no idea.

That being said I haven't watched it, so if you have a timestamp that would be appreciated.

Putting aside Logue because we need to sign him up. He is a quality defender. Let’s not forget Cox missed half the season in 2021 and sadly APearce has missed plenty of seasons. Logue has shown a willingness to be flexible and play alternative roles (ruck, centre half forward and forward pocket). Don’t want to trade him at all. There are some rumours West Coast are having a stab at him and I should hope Logue gives that the respect it deserves.

With regards to Georgiades for mine he is exactly the sort of player we need. Medium tall, takes a nice mark and knows where the goals are. He does seem to have dropped off a little this year but expect him to bounce back. Has kicked around 60 goals in his 45 games. He had an interrupted final year in the lead up to being drafted and also had an interrupted pre-season just gone. I very much doubt Port would let him go and the budgies would be right into him if he did decide to come home. We won’t be able to bring in Georgiades if we are already bringing in Jackson. That one will go deep into the trade period and Georgiades is under contract. We just don’t have draft capital to make that happen. Sure someone will say St Kilda got all those players but they started with pick 6 and we’re starting with pick 14 (maybe 15) and no second round pick.

Given our draft capital I expect us not to be too active aside from replacing Lobb with Jackson and the deals will be involved in some way along with our current first. We will likely then use Future draft picks and some depth players to see us try and get a couple of earlier picks. Players and picks that come to mind - Darcy Tucker (3rd round pick around 42-50), Hamling (slight upgrade of our current 4th pick - currently 72 - something like 72 and Hamling for 63) and Future 2nd and/or F3 for current mid to late third that a club will likely not use (pick around 48-54) and as part of the Jackson trade.

Lobb, 14 > 9, 27
F3 > 50
Jackson Pick 9, F2, 50 > Jackson, 69
Hamling, 72 > 63
Tucker > 45

Jackson in Lobb out
2022 ND: 27, 45, 63, 69 (in for Hamling, Tucker, Valente, Mundy)
Sturt, Logue, Wilson, Aish, Acres re-signed (Wilson borderline - if Tucker stays Wilson goes).
2023 ND: F1, F4 (Freo), F4 (Mel)
Rookie: 1 pick (Crowden/Blakely delisted but one replaced with Kuek).
Cat-B: Jasper Scaife
No way we dump Hamling especially for the reasons you bought up mainly Pearce's injury history.
Crowden and Blakely are gone 0.05% chance we rookie them. Western is out of contract and my understanding was Kuek is on an 18 month contract.

Tucker will stay if he does go it will be for more than 45.

Wilson is the only one i don't know about it. Wa boy loves freo would probably take a minimum contract/rookie spot. Has a young family and i dont see him moving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tommy knows the game. Lougue playing it cool. Young needs to pay for his steroids and has told Louge to not talk about wanting to stay. Its a game of who blinks first. The club or them. both want the best deal possible and will probably end up being and 3/4 year contract on decent money.

Dogs have kicked +15.5% more points than us this season. Lobb will look way better there than he does here and vice versa for Naughton.

Rumour spoke of him going to Melbourne, but I think it's to Collingwood.

Grundy -> Melb
Jackson -> Freo
Lobb -> Dogs
Naughton -> Collingwood

Everyone thinks their player is worth multiple firsts. Naughton and Jackson go to their junior supporting clubs, Lobb and Grundy move to security and opportunity.

The Dogs would be idiots to let Naughton go when Lobb is at their door, if they can help it.

Interesting you mention Treacy because they are exactly the same age, size and play the same position. So Treacy is definitely the most like for like player. As far as output, talent and potential go, Georgiadies is a fair way ahead of treacy at this stage though. I know it doesn't count for everything but Georgiadies was pick 18 and Treacy was a rookie pick so it's fair to say the recruiters also saw more potential in Georgiadies than Treacy.
Treacy is one year behind Georgiades. Georgiades turns 21 in a couple of weeks.
Josh is young within his age bracket - I believe he’s still 19 or if not, has just turned 20.
Georgiades was drafted in 2019 beside Serong, young, Jackson etc.

Pretty disappointed if certain players leave who we’ve stuck by pumping games into. Clark wasn’t getting games with Geelong and Brodie was averaging 5 or 6 a year, so them leaving their respective clubs wasn’t so much an issue.

Acres and Logue should repay the faith signing semi low balled contracts to help the club..especially Logue ffs. We reached to to get him at pick 7 or whatever it was. He wasn’t at all a top 10 player and has played regular AFL when his body has been up to it.

Repay the faith.

Pretty disappointed if certain players leave who we’ve stuck by pumping games into. Clark wasn’t getting games with Geelong and Brodie was averaging 5 or 6 a year, so them leaving their respective clubs wasn’t so much an issue.

Acres and Logue should repay the faith signing semi low balled contracts to help the club..especially Logue ffs. We reached to to get him at pick 7 or whatever it was. He wasn’t at all a top 10 player and has played regular AFL when his body has been up to it.

Repay the faith.

Yea. Always assumed these guys would re-sign but it’s getting later and later into the season. I’m becoming less and less confident

Repay the faith.
Pick 8 and agree he is nowhere near that sort of draft position. Wouldn’t even crack top 30. Take the lowball offer or GTFO.

Pick 8 and agree he is nowhere near that sort of draft position. Wouldn’t even crack top 30. Take the lowball offer or GTFO.

What?!?

Whilst I can understand the argument as to why we might give Logue a lower contract than he wants, he was neither a "reach" pick at the time; he was definitely expected at the time to go picks 5 - 15 due to his fantastic national U18 carnival and his testing at the combine.

Nor is he likely outside the Top 20 in his year (2016). In fact he is arguably turned out better than many players taken BEFORE him like
Will Setterfield, Samo Petrevski-Seton and Jack Scrimshaw.

Nor is he likely outside the Top 20 in his year (2016). In fact he is arguably turned out better than many players taken BEFORE him like

Arguably? Logue is so much better than Setterfield and SPS he's not comparable. Scrimshaw maybe but he's a HBF version of Brodie. Poor pick but worked out at a second destination.

2016 was a poor draft imo. Getting Logue, Darcy, Cox and Ryan is a good hand anyway but even better in 2016.

I was surprised when I had a look at the draft and saw there are 35 players from the 2016 draft who have played more games than Logue.

There is probably a handful including the WCE trio of Witherden, Petrevski-Seton and Waterman that have played more that Logue is comfortably better than.

I don't think it was a reach to pick him at 8 and I would be happy for the club to do it again. Cox, Darcy and English the only tall players to have played more and be comfortably ahead of Logue. Larkey and Lewis the absolute bargains that have broken out at the same time as Logue.

What?!?

Whilst I can understand the argument as to why we might give Logue a lower contract than he wants, he was neither a "reach" pick at the time; he was definitely expected at the time to go picks 5 - 15 due to his fantastic national U18 carnival and his testing at the combine.

Jammo has been a long time Logue hater, I wouldn't get too excited.

Look Logue is not perfect but he's got a lot of tools, and he's started to put more of them together this year.
I think it's craziness to let him go unless he gets us something serious in return, and by serious I don't mean a pick I mean a player in the right age range who improves our list.
Obviously he's out of contract so not a lot of power, but when the guy has clearly stated he wants to stay in WA then it's down to list priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back