List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take full responsibility! This is all my fault - I’m the one who brings misfortune by backing the wrong players. I gave away my Conca badge, and can’t find my Logue badge. I couldn’t get a Clark badge (breathes sigh of relief).
What do I do with my Fyfe,Ryan and Aish badges?? 😟
Safety deposit box at your bank

Have to be honest, while I think we can absorb the hit to the squad, it's a bit disheartening to see the club get constantly picked at year after year. Club "culcha" is seemingly in a better place now than when Neale and Langdon left and it's good that management aren't dishing out inflated contracts on the back of once decent season but an uneventful trade period would be handy. Freo are evidently an easy target and I would hope that there are long-term plans to preserve the core group that are going to carry the team to its next flag tilt.

On a completely unrelated note, I look forward to seeing Oscar Allen being shopped around in a couple of years' time. Regardless of the club he currently plays for.
Yes when we are playing poorly they attack us and yet when we nearly make top 4 and have a good season and the best crop of under 25's in the comp we still get attacked.

What did you think of their interview with Acres? He seemed disconnected to me. He talked about how he had dreamed about being a “one club man” and was unhappy when he was made to leave St Kilda to make room for Hill.
Even though he was from WA, seems he never really wanted to come home.
Yeah, I think you are right. There were interviews with him at the time of the trade when he said initially he didn't want the trade. But once you realise your current cub thinks you are expendable, and someone offers you a chance for more guaranteed years you take it. It meets your first need as a pro footballer -- to be able to continue your career

It's happened to Acres twice now.

I hope I am wrong. But we were also a point from 6th (which is where our % ranked us) and Richmond might have knocked us out. Did people think Hawthorn would take 5 years to win another one after they were 17-5 in 2008? If it has happened before, it can happen again.

And by top side, I mean genuine grand final side. I think 2 years of 5th-10th, 2 years of top 4, and then into that prime range. Years 3-4 we could of course snag one, but I won't be surprised if it takes longer.
How did the Pies go from 17th to potentially making the GF in 1 year without much of a shift in personnel. Strategy, coaching, gameplan, attitude...we have been there now, how much harder will Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Frederick, Chapman, Darcy, etc all go now that they have had a taste of it?

Yeah, I think you are right. There were interviews with him at the time of the trade when he said initially he didn't want the trade. But once you realise your current cub thinks you are expendable, and someone offers you a chance for more guaranteed years you take it. It meets your first need as a pro footballer -- to be able to continue your career

It's happened to Acres twice now.
Acres will look great at Carlton, they have two KPFs that can mark balloon kicks..

Should we pick up some more picks for this years draft ,what are our chances of nabbing Corey Tregenza from the Peel Colts. Big strong lad, almost a ready made AFL player, strong mark and kicks goals. We still need another forward once Lobb finally goes and Taberner is well unreliable on putting together many consecutive games.

Should we pick up some more picks for this years draft ,what are our chances of nabbing Corey Tregenza from the Peel Colts. Big strong lad, almost a ready made AFL player, strong mark and kicks goals. We still need another forward once Lobb finally goes and Taberner is well unreliable on putting together many consecutive games.
He'll be available in the rookie draft more than likely, no state combine invite and there are many forwards ahead of him

How did the Pies go from 17th to potentially making the GF in 1 year without much of a shift in personnel. Strategy, coaching, gameplan, attitude...we have been there now, how much harder will Brayshaw, Serong, Young, Frederick, Chapman, Darcy, etc all go now that they have had a taste of it?
You’re buying into the narrative that the pies are a young side - they’re not. Last year was the aberration. Most of the team that almost won in 2018 are still there. They clearly needed a bit of a refresh in messaging from Buckley and a couple of gun F/S picks for nothing during the years they were still on top… equals this year’s results.

What did you think of their interview with Acres? He seemed disconnected to me. He talked about how he had dreamed about being a “one club man” and was unhappy when he was made to leave St Kilda to make room for Hill.
Even though he was from WA, seems he never really wanted to come home.
Exactly, he was grieving for two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be available in the rookie draft more than likely, no state combine invite and there are many forwards ahead of him
I swear posters are obsessed with Tregenza. To me plays like a young Quinten Lynch. Needs to improve his agility if he wants to get an AFL spot.

I’m more interested to see if we nominate Jasper Scaife under the academy program. Also Josh Draper. Scaife in particular shows good agility as KPF/mobile pinch ruck.

I like Logue..rate him highly.

But dammit that pick 19 is a goodun. With it being the 1st pick on 2nd night of draft it gives the club some real bargaining power.

I swear posters are obsessed with Tregenza. To me plays like a young Quinten Lynch. Needs to improve his agility if he wants to get an AFL spot.

I’m more interested to see if we nominate Jasper Scaife under the academy program. Also Josh Draper. Scaife in particular shows good agility as KPF/mobile pinch ruck.
I think a lot of posters get tunnel visioned on who they like or who someone else likes for various reasons, specifically in Tregenza's case he's a Peel boy who kicks multiple goals and without watching that's exactly what we'd want right? But that does lead to a lot of context around his game being ignored. I get it, I get tunnel visioned on prospects too and I don't expect everyone on this board to know every draftee and all their strengths and weaknesses, but usually there's a reason why a player like Tregenza isn't being mentioned much outside of BigFooty or even just the Fremantle forum itself

I have a feeling we'll nominate Scaife and Draper's chances really rely on his finals form.

I like Logue..rate him highly.

But dammit that pick 19 is a goodun. With it being the 1st pick on 2nd night of draft it gives the club some real bargaining power.
would be 2 years in a row we would have it too, which is just weird

I’d much rather hold onto that and trade the future first.
That 19 is gold!
Freo managed to hold it last year with a contracted Clark deal trying to get done.

The interesting part would be if the AFL gives them the guaranteed first pick of the second round or another second after their current one (with Richmond(

You’re buying into the narrative that the pies are a young side - they’re not. Last year was the aberration. Most of the team that almost won in 2018 are still there. They clearly needed a bit of a refresh in messaging from Buckley and a couple of gun F/S picks for nothing during the years they were still on top… equals this year’s results.

Plus Ginnivan off the rookie list, plus a complete new gameplan...other than that they're exactly the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back