List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brayshaw goes it will be interesting whether it is first round (band one) or end of first round (band 2). The band 2 compensation pick won’t satisfy their need for having a 1st round pick.

In this hypothetical where they trade #2 for Jackson which I think would actually set their rebuild up for success as it all starts with the ruck, Fremantle could get in on it by securing Angus Brayshaw and then trading our first round pick currently #15 for West Coast's second which would be pick #21 and the Brayshaw compensation pick #19 in a three way trade with West Coast and Melbourne to allow the pick to move.

#15 for #19 and #21 is robbery and good currency to move to trade for other players.

Obviously it won't happen because Jackson will be at Fremantle in 2023.

The longer this sits, the more likely it is we go 1/2 with Jackson and brayshaw.

Boost the compo pick for Angus, R1 and F1 for Jackson.

Lobb and Tucker move on. Maybe get a second and a third respectively.

What’s the latest on Zurhaar?

See if some of the academy boys last through to late picks.

Realistically, I am struggling to see how we get Jackson. Let’s say we make prelims this year and next - I know it’s unlikely because of course we’re going back-to-back this year and next - but for argument’s sake we have pick 14/15 in 2022 and 2023. Would Melbourne seriously consider two picks in the mid-teens. Would we accept two picks in the mid-teens for Serong (for example)? I can’t see a way that we have enough to compensate them for losing a potential star, even with Lobb or Tucker in the mix.

Realistically, I am struggling to see how we get Jackson. Let’s say we make prelims this year and next - I know it’s unlikely because of course we’re going back-to-back this year and next - but for argument’s sake we have pick 14/15 in 2022 and 2023. Would Melbourne seriously consider two picks in the mid-teens. Would we accept two picks in the mid-teens for Serong (for example)? I can’t see a way that we have enough to compensate them for losing a potential star, even with Lobb or Tucker in the mix.
If he nominates us they have to be happy with what we have, just like we did with Cerra

If he nominates us they have to be happy with what we have, just like we did with Cerra
Yeah true. That’s just made me feel better, given my disappointment at the Neale news. I always felt we’d get him back, just not until his contract was up. Now there’s no chance. I thought Freo would bookend his career, and now I have reason to dislike him more than I already do. Massive cognitive dissonance and double-think going on inside my head. But I digress. I hope we’ll be welcoming Jackson to Freo in October, but I won’t be handing my teeth if we don’t.

It's a worse position for Melbourne than we were in with Cerra as the competition for Jackson isn't between ten clubs. It's between Fremantle who can trade two first round picks and West Coast who will probably take pick #2 off the table immediately and can't trade a future first, but they can pick him in the PSD.

Two of those picks plus Lobb would get it done. It's still unders but that is the game when you have no contract. Lobb fills the void for 2-3 years while they develop / find another ruck. I've heard they wouldn't be interested in Lobb but I find that hard to believe if they lose Jackson. If Lobb wants to stay then I find it hard to fit both in the team and have so much money tied up with back-up ruck / forwards.

In this hypothetical where they trade #2 for Jackson which I think would actually set their rebuild up for success as it all starts with the ruck, Fremantle could get in on it by securing Angus Brayshaw and then trading our first round pick currently #15 for West Coast's second which would be pick #21 and the Brayshaw compensation pick #19 in a three way trade with West Coast and Melbourne to allow the pick to move.

#15 for #19 and #21 is robbery and good currency to move to trade for other players.

Obviously it won't happen because Jackson will be at Fremantle in 2023.
I like how Freo are always the big winners in your trade hypotheticals. I like the thinking though but we would have to give up something else of value be it Lobb, Tucker or F2nd.

I like how Freo are always the big winners in your trade hypotheticals. I like the thinking though but we would have to give up something else of value be it Lobb, Tucker or F2nd.

I think in that hypothetical we don't hold the leverage, but the Eagles are desperate for a deal that results in their desired outcome and we can press that advantage.

Similar to deals that we have been involved in when matching bids during the draft.

We say to Melbourne - take or first this year, you dudded us on Hogan, bought for underage with Langdon- about time we went it dry on these funts….
Dry and pick 15, and Tucker for goodwill who can toil away at Casey….

Ah, I'm glad. Look up the word "bandit" in the dick n' hairy and you see a piccie of Lachie smiling.

You didn't want to be here when things were hairy, you don't get to be here when it looks like we might come good. Tuh-ra

I think in that hypothetical we don't hold the leverage, but the Eagles are desperate for a deal that results in their desired outcome and we can press that advantage.

Similar to deals that we have been involved in when matching bids during the draft.
I like the opportunity to take an advantage in our favour, but Melbourne won’t buy if it is too far in our favour. They are crafty at trading and took advantage of our need to get a pick above Carlton in 2019 so we could select Serong. They are always buying themselves in and out of first rounds and working it brilliantly.

• A top 3 pick(from West Coast) and F2nd (from Freo) for Melbourne
  • A pick around 13-15 (from Freo) for West Coast and Luke Jackson and another pick from someone
  • Pick 19 (compo for Brayshaw) plus early 2nd (from West Coast), Brayshaw (FA) and F3rd (from West Coast)

We would need to retain Lobb.
Trade F3rd (West Coast) and Tucker for Cam Zuuhar and 2022 4th (North will prob have plenty of picks for 2022ND (and possibly be awarded a “Being perennially s*#t compo pick - end of first round)

We end up with something like
19,23 and two fourths, Zuuhar, Brayshaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was the media spokesperson who said Jackson was going to request a trade?

I like the opportunity to take an advantage in our favour, but Melbourne won’t buy if it is too far in our favour. They are crafty at trading and took advantage of our need to get a pick above Carlton in 2019 so we could select Serong. They are always buying themselves in and out of first rounds and working it brilliantly.

• A top 3 pick(from West Coast) and F2nd (from Freo) for Melbourne
  • A pick around 13-15 (from Freo) for West Coast and Luke Jackson and another pick from someone
  • Pick 19 (compo for Brayshaw) plus early 2nd (from West Coast), Brayshaw (FA) and F3rd (from West Coast)

We would need to retain Lobb.
Trade F3rd (West Coast) and Tucker for Cam Zuuhar and 2022 4th (North will prob have plenty of picks for 2022ND (and possibly be awarded a “Being perennially s*#t compo pick - end of first round)

We end up with something like
19,23 and two fourths, Zuuhar, Brayshaw
Idk if we will pursue Zurhaar tbh, while he hits the scoreboard he definitely doesn't tackle or pressure enough.

I read so many posts with regards to what Eagles could offer, completely forgetting Jackson has a say.

If Jackson requests Freo then it doesn’t matter what Eagles could offer.
We’ve also covered at length what we could offer. Lobb (or whatever trade pick Lobb gets us), 2022 1st and 2023 1st. I would want a second back if those are the three pieces we are giving up.

I don’t think Lobb will be going to Melbourne tbh. I think St Kilda was the rumour.

If that’s the case a swap of first rounders and a second could get it done for Lobb.

Then two first rounders seems a reasonably decent offer for Jackson. Swap St Kilda’s second for Melbourne’s second if we’re feeling generous.

People saying Cameron was traded for three firsts are full of sh**. How about they look at the two second rounders GWS sent to Geelong with Cameron and work out what the trade is actually worth (difficult tbh but no where near three firsts). The only trade I can think of in the last ten years where two firsts were traded and at least a second rounder didn’t come back was Tim Kelly. Us not getting anything back just makes up for the fact they aren’t great first rounders.

Yeah true. That’s just made me feel better, given my disappointment at the Neale news. I always felt we’d get him back, just not until his contract was up. Now there’s no chance. I thought Freo would bookend his career, and now I have reason to dislike him more than I already do. Massive cognitive dissonance and double-think going on inside my head. But I digress. I hope we’ll be welcoming Jackson to Freo in October, but I won’t be handing my teeth if we don’t.
Pretty sure he was holding out, asked the question of us, was told no so signed there.

Did us or Logue put his contract talks on hold? I hope not, but he may be used to get Jackson, and he would have real currency to a few teams. Lobb would def be involved in the deal, I don’t think he, Jackson and darcy can play in the same team.

Did us or Logue put his contract talks on hold? I hope not, but he may be used to get Jackson, and he would have real currency to a few teams. Lobb would def be involved in the deal, I don’t think he, Jackson and darcy can play in the same team.
Logue can definitely play with them but we will have to remove Fyfe from the forwardline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back