List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I’ve stabilised by slightly irrational thoughts and I’m thinking - meh, s**t happens. Some are in it for the loyalty, the mateship amd camaraderie, and the chance of team success. Others are in it for the $$$. I thought Griff was the former, turns out he’s the latter. Says more about him than our club.

Players leave successful teams for more money at another club, it happens. Either they’re value is at the top end and they can sell themselves to the highest bidder, or they’re in that 20-25 player range and not guaranteed a game every week and someone offers them that opportunity, or they’ve been told they’ll get to play in their preferred position, or they get offered longer contracts… or whatever.

So yeah, disappointing, but meh, good luck and good riddance.

Oh and if you know anyone who thinks Lobb will still be here next year - tell ‘em they’re dreamin’
I think the thing people need to understand before judging Griff too harshly is that he isn’t best 22 in 2023.

I think it’s reasonable to expect best 22 players to take (small) unders to keep a list intact, but you won’t get 24 year olds who are depth to take big pay cuts. Its just not realistic.

Having calmed myself, I am now at ease with the reasonings behind Griffin's departure and respect that it must have been a very trying decision to have to come to.

All in all it's a very delicate situation, and indeed, very unfortunate.

Best wishes Logie Bear and may you see success in your career in the future (just not against us).

Let’s not confuse Lobb with a good bloke. It’s all about the money for him. Nothing else. He was trying to walk before his front ended contract was up. His manager told Mark Duffield he would have re signed for the right price.
Is there away to front load a contract with the final year being on higher money than middle/2nd last year/s?
What's the deal with Tucker? 9 reporting that he has also requested a trade to North but the freo statement sounded different as though he was still exploring opportunities and would only pursue it if it had mutual benefit?
Because its negligent to let that many players go that are capable of playing in the best 22.
Lets be real Tucker does not deserve the slander he cops on here considering all the Positivity Hughes gets.
If it was up to me on which on to trade out it would be Hughes 100 times out of 100

I think the thing people need to understand before judging Griff too harshly is that he isn’t best 22 in 2023.

I think it’s reasonable to expect best 22 players to take (small) unders to keep a list intact, but you won’t get 24 year olds who are depth to take big pay cuts. Its just not realistic.
I agree. I thought I had stabilised but I was still slightly gritting my teeth with a few less than flattering comments.
Griffs been a square peg in a round hole this year, and if someone’s offering me an extra $1mil to do a job I want to be able to do because I’m good at it, then I’d be taking the money too.
I wouldn’t, however, be averse to seeing Norf sitting comfortably in the bottom 6 for the next 5 years. Didn’t like them anyway 🫤

Important to note we aren’t paying Lobb $750k next year.
We probably are only paying $400k and the other $350k, we have already paid him.

So “Lobbs money” next year is probably fcuk all.
A true mercenary

And I imagine this a large part of why the club is digging their heels in.

Signing a large front-loaded contract and then demanding to be traded once you've cashed in the big early years would piss the club off no end. We've effectively already paid him in advance for these years that he's trying to default on.

So two B22 are asking to be traded out as we don't have a spare $150k a year? Surely there's more to it. Maybe the Young/Chapman/Frederick contracts were more than we realise.

Having calmed myself, I am now at ease with the reasonings behind Griffin's departure and respect that it must have been a very trying decision to have to come to.

All in all it's a very delicate situation, and indeed, very unfortunate.

Best wishes Logie Bear and may you see success in your career in the future (just not against us).
Logue could be a boomerang situation anyway. Hard slogs at North while we win flags could see him come back once his contract is up on the cheap and we have a spot for him.

Because its negligent to let that many players go that are capable of playing in the best 22.
Lets be real Tucker does not deserve the slander he cops on here considering all the Positivity Hughes gets.
If it was up to me on which on to trade out it would be Hughes 100 times out of 100
Bang. Love it.

Hughes absolutely sucks. If I see this campaigner on the wing in the AFL next year I'm gonna lose it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So two B22 are asking to be traded out as we don't have a spare $150k a year? Surely there's more to it. Maybe the Young/Chapman/Frederick contracts were more than we realise.
Yeah the "more to it" is that it would be negligent to pay Logue anymore than 500k a year, and we had the money there for Acres but he had to earn it rather than have it guaranteed and he went with guaranteed for potentially less money.

My tomato sauce has indicated it's 100 percent Bell drawing the line on all these contracts, arsehole tightens more than a snare drum in situations like these.

He will not budge if he doesn't think someone's worth more than the price.

Interesting if true.
Maybe Bell is just preparing for his CEO role at North....

My tomato sauce has indicated it's 100 percent Bell drawing the line on all these contracts, arsehole tightens more than a snare drum in situations like these.

He will not budge if he doesn't think someone's worth more than the price.

Interesting if true.
C'mon mate if a fringe 22 player gets 700k, you'll have 40 players demanding overs as well. Our cap space will be thrown to the wolves

C'mon mate if a fringe 22 player gets 700k, you'll have 40 players demanding overs as well. Our cap space will be thrown to the wolves
But it makes sense with Acres contract though. 350k over 3 is really not a lot. And is a weird place to draw the line imo.

If you want a key forward to replace Lobb the best option is Naughton because Colin Young can push the issue with his own player and set them both up with the rest of the career deals.

Neither the Dockers or the Dogs want to lose their contracted player.

Does Colin do “rest of their career deals” though? Seems he’s more intent on doing “the next 4 years in theory, then churn in 2 years” deals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But it makes sense with Acres contract though. 350k over 3 is really not a lot. And is a weird place to draw the line imo.
Acres is a different situation by the sounds of it. They have doubts he can play consistently for the rest of his career which is why they went the performance based contract. If this wasn't a concern they most likely would have matched the 350k. That salary isn't overs but 'slightly pushing' it whereas Logue is ridiculous overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back