• theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
    Oct 11, 2004
    Bali
    AFL Club
    Fremantle
    Other Teams
    Fremantle
    Some pretty funny valuations of player trade values going on here as usual.
    I have a proposed formula to get the actual real trade value of a player that Fremantle may be involved in (works for both a player leaving and coming to freo).

Step 1 is to get the opinion of Taylor. That is usually a ridiculously extreme optimistic value from Fremantles perspective. A good recent example was Jesse hogan supposedly being worth pick 3 the year we traded him to GWS.

Then to balance that we get the other extreme from Freomaniac. A good recent example was him regretfully informing this board last season that we’d do very well to get pick 18 for Adam Cerra in his view.

Land about half way between their respective valuations and that’s probably the ballpark of what the player being discussed is worth.
    I reckon it would be a very reliable formula!

Also - I solemnly promise to gift a premium platinum big footy membership for 12 months to every person who has posted on this thread so far, if either Luke Jackson or Tim English find their way to west coast for free via the pre season draft in the 2022 trade period. There is a better chance of Andrew Gaff being the best man at Andy Brayshaws wedding than either of those scenarios happening.
    Your formula is patentable imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad