Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Also looking at the table it looks the most competitive I can remember? Zim and Deeman becoming competitive after bottoming out and having young lists.
only 4 teams can’t play finals if things go their way this round?
well done to all.
im prob gonna have to rebuild again lol, need a new backline, start again. :p

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
1st of (hopefully) many top 4 finishes. Happy with how I’m tracking considering I wasn’t expecting to compete for another couple years.

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
Thrilled to be competitive, just miss the 8, could've made the 8 without some selection/lockout errors. But still have position 5 in the draft.

Pick 5,19,33 on the table.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
1st of (hopefully) many top 4 finishes. Happy with how I’m tracking considering I wasn’t expecting to compete for another couple years.
Your list is very competitive and has as much chance now of winning as most any of the Finalists (flaps, unfortunately, isn’t wrong that without a ruck he’s going to struggle). I’m looking forward to our match up but more than a little nervous on how we match up on each other. Pretty relieved of the second chance.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Thrilled to be competitive, just miss the 8, could've made the 8 without some selection/lockout errors. But still have position 5 in the draft.

Pick 5,19,33 on the table.
Might be interested, prob looking to trade back into the top 10 since i stupidly traded my 1st this year. Will have a better look at my list near the draft though and see what i need.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
An ok year for my team but mostly disappointing to have stalled and fallen back into the bottom 3 albeit a lot less donuts than previous years. Lacking a backline. Very pleased with my last pick in the draft Jase Burgoyne though, looks like hes ready to carry on the name. Good luck for the finals guys.

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
I’m enjoying my rebuild and satisfied with my performance. While pick 1 would have great, I much prefer playing my best squad. After a tough start with key injuries, to finish with 5 wins all coming late in the season was promising. I don’t expect a significant improvement in 2023 but am
hoping to have more availability from my younger players overall as they get more games.

Looking forward to the off season I’m tentatively looking at floating Byrne-Jones who is a great accumulating back but at 26 isn’t at my age bracket in a position that a lot of teams are crying for talent. Also Zac Jones is still available. I’ve got a few other senior players that might be valuable but I’ve got time before off-season and trading starts to put up a trade block.

Something to watch is changing positions over the off-season. I’m prepared for worst case but if a few of my blokes keep F/C I’ll have a pretty decent list to work with for a rebuilding side. The other big things for me will be if Thilthorp ends up mainly a ruckman (yay) or a forward. And if my
main man Brockman plays again.

My biggest error imo was picking up Tsiatis from the Suns. I’ve very clearly not realised he is 29. And not very good.

My biggest list win was nabbing Brodie for a very late future second. Windhager has also be promising.

I’ve got quite a few players yet to play yet/much but their form in the 2’s has been good. Sheldrick, Roberts and Taylor are possible players. I’ve also got Chesser in my back pocket who I got at 22 who was unlikely to play this season but I’m feeling good about.

Good luck in finals everyone and thanks for being me in this season. Looking forward to turning this team into contenders.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Last year I had played as little attention to the draft as ever entering with pick 7 only, I honestly thought JHF was the favoured player.
Daicos was always the favoured player from a fantasy perspective. JHF raised the question though with a 3 goal, 24 touch prelim final game in the SANFL. Who'll end up the 2nd best player (after Rachele) over the longer term is anyone's guess..

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Demolition job by Rockford, going to be tough to beat this year… Also 4.14 🤮🤮
I got lucky this round but I will say 304 kicks has me smiling. Far out. My players had some of their best games of the year. Hopefully they all maintain the rage for the next 3 rounds. Anything can happen, good luck for the semi Finals next week Haychh, flaps, Drew23 and Jordie_tackles and I'll see one of you in a Prelim ;)

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't get where you figure you got lucky in a 8-1 win where the cat you lost was buy 1 mark lol. A team with a % of 225.5% isn't a lucky team.
I mean lucky as in most of my A-graders went on and got A-grade scores. Coleman, Cripps, Butters, Stringer, Merrett, Laird and Dunkley all had or came close to their best output this season. Cripps and Merrett won 11 free kicks between them.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Is the ladder based on end of H&A for bottom 6 and end of finals for top
8?
For anyone interested (and please double check this is correct). Draft picks as of end of this round:

1. Deft Touch
2. Jimmy's Junk
3. Warburton Wombats
4. American Doggies
5. Lolern Puppies
6. Croxton Roosters
7. Flat Track Kings
8. Tutty's Tributes
9. Albury Bandits
10. Olma FC
11. TBD
12. TBD