List Mgmt. 2021-2022...List management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycett is only contracted for 2 more seasons, and the only thing stopping Ladhams from jumping him in the order is Ladhams form and maybe considerations that ladhams is better as a 2nd ruck / forward than lycett is or possibly stubbornness by the coach.

Yes and no. He’s only 23 in a position a lot of rucks don’t mature until 26+. As long as he’s getting games it’s good for his progress and he has been getting games.

Agree. Rucks are as rare and needed in the league more than any time I can remember.

I would love for hayes to move up our list and get games, I rate his tap work and around the ground marking.

It’s a pity we didn’t test him at afl level this year, and the issue is that while he would make an excellent 2nd ruck on our list is that we then have no one behind him.

This year is the worst year to try to draft a ruck. There genuinely isn’t any that anyone rates.

Next year is stocked, but that’s a year away + a player drafted then could be anywhere from another 3-6 years away from being ready.

all good points too. Reality is that i really want to see Hayes given a go. Im not a huge fan of Ladhams although i did see a massive improvement in the latter part of the year. Ladhams for me is standing in the way of Hayes getting a go. The ideal scenario is for Lycett pushed out and Ladhams taking his spot, but really hasn't deserved that yet and im not confident he ever will.

We need to blood Pasini and see what he’s got next year. Even if he’s not quite ready we need to get some games into him while we have mature bodies around him.

See what he can offer similar to the Dees blooding Petty the last 2 years. Otherwise when we actually need him to step up he will be required to of the back of 0 experience or experienced players around him.

This year is the worst year to try to draft a ruck. There genuinely isn’t any that anyone rates.

Next year is stocked, but that’s a year away + a player drafted then could be anywhere from another 3-6 years away from being ready.
If we trade Ladhams, then we should go hard for mature-aged Sam Skinner. If his knees are OK (looks like so to me), then he is the perfect pickup IMO. I have watched his last few games, and really like him. He is a reasonable ruck, is good in the air, and IMO moves well around the ground. IMO, give him a preseason or two, and he can make it as an AFL player.

Sam skinner is a key defender and couldn’t compete in the ruck at afl level at all.

Where'd all this Skinner stuff come from? A mature aged recruit with injury history who's played as a defender...to replace ladhams as second ruck? Talk about scraping the barrel.

PORT ADELAIDE

Players that could leave

Hamish Hartlett
has been delisted and is open to playing on at another club if they want to take him on. Peter Ladhams is contracted until 2022 but has been in and out of the side for much of the season and there is definitely interest in him from rival clubs. Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said on Saturday night Ladhams had been told in his exit meeting to look elsewhere if he wanted to be a number one ruck option. The Western Bulldogs and Geelong were floated by Ralph as potential options. Tom Clurey is on a backended deal at the Power but the Saints have asked the question.

Players that could arrive

Jeremy Finlayson
could get to the club if a deal is done, but the Giants tall is hardly the type of player the Power need at the moment. Jordan Dawson wants to return to South Australia but has nominated Adelaide as his club of choice. There isn’t a whole lot out there for the Power to go after and to be honest their list is pretty settled. Another hard-nosed midfielder could help them bat deeper than just Ollie Wines and Travis Boak, so maybe Luke Dunstan as a delisted free agent? Hard to see much change though for them.

Who's already gone

Tom Rockliff (retired), Hamish Hartlett (delisted), Joel Garner (delisted), Tyson Goldsack (retired)

PORT ADELAIDE

Players that could leave

Hamish Hartlett
has been delisted and is open to playing on at another club if they want to take him on. Peter Ladhams is contracted until 2022 but has been in and out of the side for much of the season and there is definitely interest in him from rival clubs. Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph said on Saturday night Ladhams had been told in his exit meeting to look elsewhere if he wanted to be a number one ruck option. The Western Bulldogs and Geelong were floated by Ralph as potential options. Tom Clurey is on a backended deal at the Power but the Saints have asked the question.

Players that could arrive

Jeremy Finlayson
could get to the club if a deal is done, but the Giants tall is hardly the type of player the Power need at the moment. Jordan Dawson wants to return to South Australia but has nominated Adelaide as his club of choice. There isn’t a whole lot out there for the Power to go after and to be honest their list is pretty settled. Another hard-nosed midfielder could help them bat deeper than just Ollie Wines and Travis Boak, so maybe Luke Dunstan as a delisted free agent? Hard to see much change though for them.

Who's already gone

Tom Rockliff (retired), Hamish Hartlett (delisted), Joel Garner (delisted), Tyson Goldsack (retired)

What a boring off season it will be

Peter Ladhams exploring his options.

Apparently Ladhams has had some interest. We could stick with Ladhams and aim to get Ladhams and Hayes as our ruck combo by 2023. The alternative is to start Hayes in combo with Lycett next year and get the best deal we can for Peter Ladhams. Either way we have to start Sam Hayes in the AFL next year. The problem is Hayes has shown a lot at SANFL level but if he doesn't cut it in the AFL we are left with an aging ruckman and no Ladhams.

Not sure where the major interest in Ladhams has come from or what they bring to the table. Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say it is more a move by the club to show Ladhams he isn't as valued a he thinks he is to try and get him to pull his finger out.

A move that could easily backfire.

I don't think it's this.

We're seeing if we can flush out some draft/trade capital. If it doesn't match our requirements, he stays. If it does, we get something else that we want.

I don't think it's this.

We're seeing if we can flush out some draft/trade capital. If it doesn't match our requirements, he stays. If it does, we get something else that we want.
This is basically what C4 told us over a year ago.

And when I posted on the Ladhams thread that we have 3 afl quality rucks and port is dangling Ladhams to see if they can shake someone loose the first person to like the post was C4.

This is basically what C4 told us over a year ago.

And when I posted on the Ladhams thread that we have 3 afl quality rucks and port is dangling Ladhams to see if they can shake someone loose the first person to like the post was C4.
Except we don't. We have Lycett an average at best ruck, certainly not quality. We have Ladhams we looks like he could become a very good ruck/forward, but not a starting ruck. We have Hayes who may be a quality AFL ruck, but our ******* coach won't play him to find out. We need at least one reasonable AFL level ruck after Lycett, trading either of Ladhams or Hayes until we've established at least one of them can cut it as a quality first ruck would be crazy. The club selling Ladhams to try and get some magic beans to placate the angry masses I see as likely, but it'd be a stupid move to double down on the coaches ineptitude.

Except we don't. We have Lycett an average at best ruck, certainly not quality. We have Ladhams we looks like he could become a very good ruck/forward, but not a starting ruck. We have Hayes who may be a quality AFL ruck, but our ******* coach won't play him to find out. We need at least one reasonable AFL level ruck after Lycett, trading either of Ladhams or Hayes until we've established at least one of them can cut it as a quality first ruck would be crazy. The club selling Ladhams to try and get some magic beans to placate the angry masses I see as likely, but it'd be a stupid move to double down on the coaches ineptitude.
I said afl quality, not afl superstar.

Ladhams could easily be a starting ruck.

I think some people are under the assumption that there’s 17 clubs running around with Nicnats and gawns, rather than most clubs just fielding players like Stanley, dekoning, a cooked Mumford, Tom hickey carried for most of his career to make it at 30 years old, Callum Sinclair playing in this league for a decade etc.

I have been vocal all year that I would have tested hayes at afl level at least once this year. I’ve been a vocal critic of lycett and his slow start to games and playing to his opponents level far too often.

I’m not sure trading Ladhams for the sake of trading him is a great idea, but testing the market to see if one of the teams that is desperate for a ruck will cough up something very good for us to use to is a very good idea.

If they see Ladhams as an unprofessional twat it probably doesn't matter what we think.

It’s disappointing that we don’t seem to be able to manage difficult characters any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back