List Mgmt. 2021-2022...List management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure I heard that McEntee was to be offered a new contract (or that he signed one- not sure).
It was in a random article from advertiser or afl website, but the club haven't confirmed it yet.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Either way, not great signs that both Mead and Schofield have been left on the backburner for so long.

Reaffirms my suspicion that we drafted them as we had cheap access to them, and really just hoped they would have a late growth spurt to get to more standard midfielder size.
Id say its more about keeping late picks available for matching Burgoyne if he goes later. Especially if we try and trade up with some of the picks we had.

Some of those later picks that don't currently have points value could end up having some if there are enough passes.

Or perhaps it is just to select Burgoyne with the last available pick we can if he is not bid on.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Still waiting on official announcements for Motlop, Schofield, Mead and McEntee.
Motlop and McEntee we could do without. The only reason to keep them, would be giving them 1 year contracts, as we have bugger all picks this year and any draftees get 2 years.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Williams shapes up Motlop loses his spot?
If Motlop is holding out for a better deal he may want to have a promise across the road as plan B?

Williams shapes up Motlop loses his spot?
If Motlop is holding out for a better deal he may want to have a promise across the road as plan B?

I think Motlop weakened his negotiating position by showing a highlight tape of his last 12 months.

tumblr_n2n4j13Jjf1ts0osto7_540.png

Granny Duurs is Lovely

All Australian
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn’t want to post this in the Skinner thread because I really hope Sam makes it and becomes a premiership player with us and I don’t want to discourage the lad but how many AFL players have shone after 3 recons? Serious question.
Gawn had 2 and was thought to have had 3rd at one point, although it turned out to be a meniscus tear. Has skinner had them on the same knee or different knees? If it's just the one knee then it's manageable.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's done both his knees but not for over 4 years so fingers crossed.

Gold Coast delisted three players today with a commitment to re-drafting. I really want to see a club grab a player getting re-drafted.

I assume motlop's still on our list!?

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda

They say we have 5 picks in the draft, but may only use 3, one of which will be Burgoyne.
Assume we will rookie Mayes, so that's 4.
Leaves 1 other rookie pick?

By my reckoning, we took 9 off the list, but Mayes will be a rookie, and Burger a F/S, Skinner and Finlayson are both ins, and Frederick has been elevated - so that means we effectively have 4 spots to fill, but the article notes we have 5 picks available.

I'm confused.

That article says

Port Adelaide has promoted half-back Marty Frederick from the rookie list after lining up in eight matches this season.

and

Port Adelaide will use at least three picks in this month’s national draft, where it has selections 12, 63, 73, 74 and 92. The Power has nominated Woodville-West Torrens half-back/wingman Jase Burgoyne as a father-son prospect.

Which means Pasini has been elevated as well as part of signing a 2 year deal near end of 2020 season, ie 1 on the rookie list and 1 on the main list.

Which confirms what I wrote in the draft thread with a graphic reconciling our list that we have 33 on the main list, we can have between 36 and 38 and have 2 official rookies Schofield and McEntee and will take Mayes in the rookie draft to get to 33+3 was correct, and means we can have a list of 36+ 4 or 5 or 6 rookies or 37+ 4 or 5, or 38+4

Last edited:

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Keeping Motlop is weak but expected.
Naah. It is totally sensible. We need him on the list, at worst he will be good depth. But the lateness of the call makes it obvious that we have kept him on our terms. He must have wanted more, but he gets one year on less bikkies no doubt.

I think the writing is on the wall that we will be blooding youth, and that he will need to be playing out of his skin to get games.

published 21 September.

Forward Orazio Fantasia is scheduled to have a tidy up of both knees to have him available to return to full training over the next few months, .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back