List Mgmt. 2021-2022...List management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were never going to dump Motlop after re-signing Mayes. For all his faults, Motlop is clearly a better player than Mayes and it wouldn't have made sense to keep Mayes but not Motlop.

Fredericks development since we drafted him has been off the charts. His game against Sydney was an eye opener.

He's strong and quick. He can defend and as he grows in confidence he will be an attacking weapon. He's lit the fire under DBJ.

Fredericks development since we drafted him has been off the charts. His game against Sydney was an eye opener.

He'sstrong and quick. He can defend and as he grows in confidence he will be an attacking weapon. He's lit the fire under DBJ.
Yea I think he deserves it I think he looks better at AFL level than SANFL level tbh.

motlop on a minimum 1 year contract is fine. keeps him hungry to perform, and if he's pushed out the team by one of the younger lads then good, he's handy enough depth for a season in a position no one has fully made their own.

For those interested:

2006: Boak (5); Gray (55).

2007: None remain.

2008: Motlop (39).

2009: None remain.

2010: Lycett (29); Mckenzie (Pre-listed); Dixon (Pre-listed).

2011: Tom Jonas (Rookie)

2012: Wines (7); Mayes (8); Clurey (29)

2013: Aliir (44); DBJ (52); Fantasia (55); Amon (68).

2014: None remain.

2015: Burton (19); Bonner (37); Sam Skinner (47).

2016: Marshall (16); SPP (18); Drew (30); Houston (Rookie).

2017: Hayes (47); Farrell (51).

2018: Rozee (5); Butters (12); Duursma (18); Frederick (Rookie).

2019: Bergman (14); Georgiades (18); Williams (23); Mead (25); Pasini (Rookie).

2020: Jones (16); Lord (49); Schofield (Rookie); McEntee (13 MSD).

2021: Sinn (12); Hugh Jackson (55); Dante Visentini (56); Jase Burgoyne (60).

Last edited:
As a lot of people (everyone is saying it!) have said in the wake of the prelim debacle.. we are light on in the midfield for A graders. Look at Melbourne with gawn, petracca, Oliver plus some pretty handy supports

Dogs with Bont, macrae, libba, Treloar, Dunkley, Smith, etc

We've got Ollie... A very old Travis Boak and then a bunch of b graders.

Sinn could maybe become a midfielder but that's several years down the track. SPP who knows what's going on. Drew has been great defensively but doesn't get anywhere near enough of it and doesn't have the tank yet. Butters should be the guy but he's had a very tricky injury.

Where's our next A grade mid?

I could argue that butters has already established himself as an a-grade mid and his body is the only concern.

Rozee is an a-grade mid on talent, but again his body is a question mark and I wonder if he’s got the mindset to play through niggles.

I think Bergman can be a high level wingman and possibly a a grade mid.

Sinn in my opinion is already odds on to be a very good outside mid / winger / flanker. Could he become a very good mid? Possibly..

For all the s**t the recruiting team has copped this offseason I think across the board we've improved the list and competition for spots by a long way.

Out In
Ladhams. Finnlayson
Rockliff. Dumont (rumoured)
Hartlett. Sinn
Lienert. Skinner
Woodcock. Jackson
Garner. Burgoyne
Goldsack. Visentini
Burgoyne. Spot left for midseason draft

Overall a huge win. We add three genuine talls upgrade on some midsized players. Some elite ball users coming in too.

Would still love a look at a small forward but there's not much left on the market. Big room for Williams to step up next year into a vacant role

On CPH2207 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a lot of people (everyone is saying it!) have said in the wake of the prelim debacle.. we are light on in the midfield for A graders. Look at Melbourne with gawn, petracca, Oliver plus some pretty handy supports

Dogs with Bont, macrae, libba, Treloar, Dunkley, Smith, etc

We've got Ollie... A very old Travis Boak and then a bunch of b graders.

Sinn could maybe become a midfielder but that's several years down the track. SPP who knows what's going on. Drew has been great defensively but doesn't get anywhere near enough of it and doesn't have the tank yet. Butters should be the guy but he's had a very tricky injury.

Where's our next A grade mid?
Yep Midfield definitely our weak spot now. My money is on Miles Bergman to have a monster preseason and become a full time star through the midfield. The talent is there and he showed some very good signs this year. I think he’s got all the tools required, time will tell.

Wrapt with both Sinn and Burgoyne.
The rest - meh.

Hope we rookie either Dittmar (inside mid hard nut) or any decent small forward (thought we should have picked a couple of them tbh).

Who is still around as a sf?

In the last 4 off-seasons we've been able to add Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Georgiades, Bergman, Jones and Sinn via the draft. All of these players could very well be A-Graders if they reach their potential, and in some cases (ie Butters) they're already near that A-Grade status already.

These are the guys (and Ollie) who are going to be leading the charge in the coming years to win us a premiership. Very impressed how we've rebuilt our list with such good young talent which means the likelihood of dropping off the proverbial cliff as Robbie, Trav etc retire is somewhat remote.

In the last 4 off-seasons we've been able to add Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Georgiades, Bergman, Jones and Sinn via the draft. All of these players could very well be A-Graders if they reach their potential, and in some cases (ie Butters) they're already near that A-Grade status already.

These are the guys (and Ollie) who are going to be leading the charge in the coming years to win us a premiership. Very impressed how we've rebuilt our list with such good young talent which means the likelihood of dropping off the proverbial cliff as Robbie, Trav etc retire is somewhat remote.
While I agree, the thing that stands out with that group is that only Mitch is a KPP and an under-sized one at that.
The others are hybrid types who may or may not develop into A-grade mids.
We’ve already had to lower expectations of our first rounders from the Marshall/SPP intake who no longer have that potential A-grader status.

I just compare us to the Bulldogs in particular who have three potential superstar tall forwards on their list, to go with a very good small forward in Weightman, and a swathe of top quality mids, that leave our group looking skeletal in its depth of quality.

Hell, even Freo can claim to have a similar number of potentially great young players as us.

I know the grass is always greener over there, but our stock of midfield and Key position A-graders still looks deplete to me.

While I agree, the thing that stands out with that group is that only Mitch is a KPP and an under-sized one at that.
The others are hybrid types who may or may not develop into A-grade mids.
We’ve already had to lower expectations of our first rounders from the Marshall/SPP intake who no longer have that potential A-grader status.

I just compare us to the Bulldogs in particular who have three potential superstar tall forwards on their list, to go with a very good small forward in Weightman, and a swathe of top quality mids, that leave our group looking skeletal in its depth of quality.

Hell, even Freo can claim to have a similar number of potentially great young players as us.

I know the grass is always greener over there, but our stock of midfield and Key position A-graders still looks deplete to me.
The Bulldogs have been kissed on the proverbial with their last two academy picks being Ugle-Hagan and Sam Darcy one was rated the consensus number 1 of his draft class, the other a top 3 pick in this years. No other club has had that amount of luck with their academy.

Draft so far:
1. Sinn - explosive speed, thumping (and accurate) kick, good size already, clean hands, looks to go through the corridor, takes the game on, potential mid down the track. Can't kick with his right leg.
2. Jackson - pure mid (so we've covered that base, and so dont need Dumont :thumbsu: ), clean quick hands, good disposal by hand, excellent vision, gets space with lateral movement, impacts scoreboard, natural accumulator who reads the ball drop well. Disposal by foot ranges between good to poor. Not lightning quick.
3. Visentini - primarily a KPP, mobile, aggressive, neat kick, unselfish, strong mark, with some kilos on him will develop along with Lord as our future forward line twin towers. Needs 3 seasons in him before we know how much ceiling is left in him. Not a natural ruckman.
4. Burgoyne - loping HBF with deceptive speed, good control when running and bouncing at speed, nicely weighted kick who hits targets, composure in heavy traffic impressed me when I saw him in our Magpies side, not scared of physical contact, balanced, potential wingman down the track. Preying mantis physique - is he durable enough for the rigours of AFL? Loses his man at times in defence.

Today:
Would like an inside "beast mode" mid (Dittmar?).
Or.......... a quicksilver small forward with some x-factor and goalkicking tricks for post-Gray/Motlop times.

My interpretation:
2 excellent prospects and 2 we will have to wait and see about.
With a poor draft hand, we did a little better than my early worries suggested.
Hopefully can finish with a flourish today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back