List Mgmt. 2021-2022...List management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we at capacity? And with the new sanfl rules can we bring players how didint get drafted to the magpies?

When you think that we had Mead and Schofield already, drafting McEntee makes less and less sense. We then get Jackson. Pip squeak city. At least when Brisbane had a small list, their little guys were quick, tough, feisty and aggressive in the way they played. We have 4-5 on our list who should be delisted tomorrow.

When you think that we had Mead and Schofield already, drafting McEntee makes less and less sense. We then get Jackson. Pip squeak city. At least when Brisbane had a small list, their little guys were quick, tough, feisty and aggressive in the way they played. We have 4-5 on our list who should be delisted tomorrow.
Mcentee over Callow is still a head scratcher 🤷

Not sure if my eyes are deceiving me but Jackson looks to have had a growth spurt. In his first game we were wondering if he was a top up with the wrong number because he looked too tall from what we were expecting.

If you saw yesterday's game, that was McEntee's only good performance we've seen ever, and it wasn't special. They got him because they wanted forward pressure?!?!

Mead, Schofield have skills. Maybe pursue for another season. Lord, Visentini, Pasnini, J Burgoyne pursue.

McEntee no.

Frederick ... has he hit his peak and can't do better?

Mayes is done with afl. Maybe rookie or probably replaces Sutcliffe.

Wonder about our aging players. A new coach might make those decisions easier because he won't be sentimental towards them. Jonas, Mckenzie, Motlop, Gray, Boak, Dixon. I think three need to go for the betterment of not bottoming out for a very long time. The longer we keep them all the longer we spend in the cellar.

Williams. If he's not committed, add to that he's slow, what's the point?

Our depth is looking lean, we haven't had any success, we must bring in about 6 draftees.

Jackson is hardly tiny like Schofield or McEntee. His draft height was 182cm which puts him among Gray, Farrell and Amon for height.

His hip surgery would have limited his pre-season.

He has shown some class with the ball in hand so far, and runs hard to good spots to find the ball.

After missing most of the pre-season, this was always going to be a development year for him.

Agree that Jackson’s got some qualities that may translate to AFL level, but he’ll need to put on some weight and size to fill out his frame.

It’d be nice to have an extra young tall either end of the ground (or in ruck) developing, rather than so many little wingmen and flankers. If not, then at least one bigger bodied young inside mid.

DA1423E4-08AE-4CD1-A309-D5AF0C273AE0.jpeg
This is our current out of contract players

Mead - sign

Pasini - sign - important to keep him as the only key defender under 27 on our list and he’s ready to replace our older legion.

Jones - sign

Boak - sign - should go around one more year imo but also could easily make an argument that it serves him best to leave on top, and us to hand the keys over to the next gen.

Amon - sign - but explore what we would get for him in compo. He’s a very good player who is going to be very hard to replace with a mid draft pick and he’s in an age bracket we have few players in. Also can make an argument we have depth in running mids and with a compo pick we could address other needs.

McKenzie sign - 1 year deal

Gray - probably time for the champion to retire. Thanks for the joy you brought us fans.

Motlop - retire I think. Could offer him a 1 year deal, but I think he’s barely interested in the sport and both parties should move on.

Mcintee - cut. No reason to keep him on the list for years when we know he is a minimum upside player.

Skinner - probably cut but would depend on in’s and outs during the off-season. Even if he’s not great at afl level but we need to keep some semblance of a spine ready for injuries.

Dumont sign - 1 year contract

Frederick - cut. Could keep for one more year but if he’s not cracking our side now with all our outs why bother keeping him?

Schofield - cut. Can’t see him making it as an afl player. State league player imo. He doesn’t really have a position at afl level. Too small to be an inside mid, isn’t a outside mid either.

Mayes - on the fence and it depends on how many picks we have etc. probably lean towards keeping as depth for 1 more year as he can play a few positions and good for the magpies

So to recap

Sign - mead, pasini, jones, McKenzie, dumont boak

Possibly sign - Amon, mayes

Retire / Cut - gray, motlop, mcintee, Schofield, Frederick, skinner

That gets you enough list turnover to bring more players in. You could argue 6 outs or more is too much if we don’t have good picks / players coming in but a few of those players are 50/50 such as motlop could easily go around again.

Mcintee Schofield Frederick gray are probably the easiest calls though

Wow gone a bit early on Jackson haven’t you?

Need to turn 3 over min as per Afl rules?
Draft hand currently 5, 51,56 so aint brilliant.
Obvious is Mc Entee odd selection anyways,
Gray , magnificent champ ,but I think he knows its time.
3rd undecided as yet.
Fredericks treading water ,but young and quick
Motlop continues to frustrate
Skinner watch and wait, some signs of improvement.

Draft hand currently 5, 51,56 so aint brilliant.
I think we have to try to better that draft hand. This draft has too much of what we could use.

Possibly we get a pick 19 or pick 25-30 as compo pick if Amon did leave.

Every player worth another team trading for is a player we need and want to keep, so don’t see us willingly trading anyone out

But would be happy to trade one of next years 2nd rounders to get into this year.

To end up with say pick 7ish, 19, 33, and some late picks would be handy.

Mead- 1 year contract
Pasini- sign
McEntee- delist
Amon- sign
Jones- sign
Frederick- 50/50 sign or delist...
Gray- retire
Mayes- 50/50 sign or delist
Skinner- 50/50 sign or delist(depending how he finishes the season)
Motlop- delist
Schofield- 50/50 sign or delist
Boak- sign... Still doing the job.
Dumont- 1 year contract
McKenzie- 1 year contract

That gives us min 3 picks (prob more with some of the 50/50 guys)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have to try to better that draft hand. This draft has too much of what we could use.

Possibly we get a pick 19 or pick 25-30 as compo pick if Amon did leave.

Every player worth another team trading for is a player we need and want to keep, so don’t see us willingly trading anyone out

But would be happy to trade one of next years 2nd rounders to get into this year.

To end up with say pick 7ish, 19, 33, and some late picks would be handy.
Agree that this year has enough quality that we may play our 2023 selections to move up , trouble is that everyone else knows that this is a good year and selections will be at a premium

Not sure if my eyes are deceiving me but Jackson looks to have had a growth spurt. In his first game we were wondering if he was a top up with the wrong number because he looked too tall from what we were expecting.

If you saw yesterday's game, that was McEntee's only good performance we've seen ever, and it wasn't special. They got him because they wanted forward pressure?!?!

Mead, Schofield have skills. Maybe pursue for another season. Lord, Visentini, Pasnini, J Burgoyne pursue.

McEntee no.

Frederick ... has he hit his peak and can't do better?

Mayes is done with afl. Maybe rookie or probably replaces Sutcliffe.

Wonder about our aging players. A new coach might make those decisions easier because he won't be sentimental towards them. Jonas, Mckenzie, Motlop, Gray, Boak, Dixon. I think three need to go for the betterment of not bottoming out for a very long time. The longer we keep them all the longer we spend in the cellar.

Williams. If he's not committed, add to that he's slow, what's the point?

Our depth is looking lean, we haven't had any success, we must bring in about 6 draftees.
I wouldn’t let the ageing players go in one year.
I’d do Motlop, McKenzie and Robbie this year. Then review again next year.

Amazed that anybody has Mayes as anything but a sure delist.
Think we need to keep some mature depth players on the list. We need that to support the younger kids in magpies otherwise they are thrown to the wolves and consigned to a environment of constant losses. Its bad enough now in the 2s , cant rely on top ups like Sutclife to be the leaders.
Also Mayes is quite capable at afl level if used properly, its Hinkley who put him at full forward. We are only probably having 3 to 4 picks anyway.

View attachment 1383749
This is our current out of contract players

Mead - sign

Pasini - sign - important to keep him as the only key defender under 27 on our list and he’s ready to replace our older legion.

Jones - sign

Boak - sign - should go around one more year imo but also could easily make an argument that it serves him best to leave on top, and us to hand the keys over to the next gen.

Amon - sign - but explore what we would get for him in compo. He’s a very good player who is going to be very hard to replace with a mid draft pick and he’s in an age bracket we have few players in. Also can make an argument we have depth in running mids and with a compo pick we could address other needs.

McKenzie sign - 1 year deal

Gray - probably time for the champion to retire. Thanks for the joy you brought us fans.

Motlop - retire I think. Could offer him a 1 year deal, but I think he’s barely interested in the sport and both parties should move on.

Mcintee - cut. No reason to keep him on the list for years when we know he is a minimum upside player.

Skinner - probably cut but would depend on in’s and outs during the off-season. Even if he’s not great at afl level but we need to keep some semblance of a spine ready for injuries.

Dumont sign - 1 year contract

Frederick - cut. Could keep for one more year but if he’s not cracking our side now with all our outs why bother keeping him?

Schofield - cut. Can’t see him making it as an afl player. State league player imo. He doesn’t really have a position at afl level. Too small to be an inside mid, isn’t a outside mid either.

Mayes - on the fence and it depends on how many picks we have etc. probably lean towards keeping as depth for 1 more year as he can play a few positions and good for the magpies

So to recap

Sign - mead, pasini, jones, McKenzie, dumont boak

Possibly sign - Amon, mayes

Retire / Cut - gray, motlop, mcintee, Schofield, Frederick, skinner

That gets you enough list turnover to bring more players in. You could argue 6 outs or more is too much if we don’t have good picks / players coming in but a few of those players are 50/50 such as motlop could easily go around again.

Mcintee Schofield Frederick gray are probably the easiest calls though
Agree with most of this but I would keep Frederick, given his limited opportunities at AFL level imo he has done okay when called upon.

Agree with most of this but I would keep Frederick, given his limited opportunities at AFL level imo he has done okay when called upon.
I agree. We need someone with his speed to succeed. Watching the Sturt game I got the feeling he is a bit meh. He should be killing it in that comp by now. I don't know if he reads the play that well.

I agree. We need someone with his speed to succeed. Watching the Sturt game I got the feeling he is a bit meh. He should be killing it in that comp by now. I don't know if he reads the play that well.

A few of us here have been saying try him as a pressure small forward. He's faster and stronger than McEntee and would be at the ball like a terrier after a rat.

We have too many small forwards that play their best football on-ball, which is making the dysfunctional forward line situation even worse considering how disappointing our talls have been.

We need more dedicated small forwards to start shining in games. Fantasia showed promise but injury is getting the best of him. Motlop is too inconsistent and needs to retire at year's end I reckon. Robbie Gray is also nearing the end of a fantastic career.

We need to seek out more dedicated and steady small forwards to break open games and pick up the slack of our talls. Drafting small forwards are difficult so obtaining someone through the trade might be the right call this off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back