List Mgmt. 2021-2022...List management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like Boak to retire this year. Wines played better without him in the team v Sydney, so maybe he needs the responsibility of being the main man.

Wines is 28yo and needs a shake-up to get back to his best football. Hes prob only got 4/5 years left.

I think Drew has another level in him as well once Boaks gone.
I see this and get so angry. What a wasted (by Hinkley) career to date. Boak and Gray will join Westhoff in that rarified careers killed class of Port players with 200 games without a flag, but there's still time to save Ollie from the buffoon.

Players with a year or 2 left
Boak
Jonas
Dixon
Lycett
*McKenzie

This brings up the Captaincy issue.

One thing we've always been good at is the captaincy transition. Allowing the outgoing captain a year or two to play unfettered with the added responsibility has tended to work well for the club and the player.

That would indicate that this needs to happen before next season. (probably should have happened before this season, to be honest)

Automatic Ollie Captaincy?
Or has another option presented itself?

I think Hugh Jackson is a certainty to be delisted and rookied. It sounds savage but it’s just what is done these days.
Agreed. I know he's just a kid and has had a hip problem. But at his small size, he'll need to be showing something between now and the end of next season if he's going to stay any longer.

One thing we've always been good at is the captaincy transition. Allowing the outgoing captain a year or two to play unfettered with the added responsibility has tended to work well for the club and the player.

That would indicate that this needs to happen before next season. (probably should have happened before this season, to be honest)

You reckon we handled the transition from Travis Boak to Tom Jonas well?

I think a promise or two may have been made in Ollie's direction after that fiasco.

I would be tempted to stick Boak at HBF over the next few weeks.... He doesn't like getting beaten (which is a good trait) but the only issue I would have is his skills lack a bit of polish running out of defence.

Agreed, it's a tough one

One thing I believe we should be doing is getting/preparing Trav for a mentoring type role, particularly for the younger players. Especially preparation, training and dedication to both, are areas I think Trav could teach very well. He is a master of it himself, and certainly respected enough

You reckon we handled the transition from Travis Boak to Tom Jonas well?

I think a promise or two may have been made in Ollie's direction after that fiasco.

In terms of timing, yes.

I would think wines but I also wouldn't mind Ryan Burton.

There is no way in hell boak should be traded
We have put players like Sutcliffe and Goldsack on the list to be experience players that could help the youngsters and they have nothing on boak
Even if it’s just for back in case of injuries you have a mid capable of consistent 25 possession games. It’s very rare not to have injuries and he would be the perfect replacement to come in but to also show the work ethic to the younger players on how to become elite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure McDermott & McGuinness could've had nice stats for a few more years if Blight hadn't moved them on.

Comparing Apples and...Sardines??? Good work soldier.

What does Matt crouch average? There's stats and then there's hurt factor and trav isn't really hurting other teams.

I'm not saying he should be dropped or anything, but probably the next couple of months should define how (and if) he approaches next year

Anyone who averages 12 CP, 7 clearances and 5.1 tackles is hurting the opposition plenty. He is far more creative especially in attack than Crouch.

Comparing him to 9 CP, 4 clearances, 3.8 tackles Crouch is a ******* insult.

Comparing Apples and...Sardines??? Good work soldier.

Anyone who averages 12 CP, 7 clearances and 5.1 tackles is hurting the opposition plenty. He is far more creative especially in attack than Crouch.

Comparing him to 9 CP, 4 clearances, 3.8 tackles Crouch is a ******* insult.
Pretty sure they were decorated midfielders of a similar age but sure guy Boak can play forever & it's a rainbow fairyland of success.

Pretty sure they were decorated midfielders of a similar age but sure guy Boak can play forever & it's a rainbow fairyland of success.

They were younger in fact but McDermott managed a whopping 9 games and 10 disposal average in 1996 while McGuiness was also on the slide with injuries and form in 95 and 96 receiving a total 6 Brownlow votes in those years.

Additionally it was pretty well known Blight had reasons other than form for delisting some of the players he did.

Apples...and sardines.

Brownlow votes lol

I like apples & sardines..

I also like tough calls being made before careers dwindle out, you lot are as vanilla as HQ.

Brownlow votes lol

I like apples & sardines..

I also like tough calls being made before careers dwindle out, you lot are as vanilla as HQ.
Delisting Ollie Wines or Connor Rozee would be a 'tough call' too. A call can be 'tough' and the wrong decision at the same time.

Delisting Ollie Wines or Connor Rozee would be a 'tough call' too. A call can be 'tough' and the wrong decision at the same time.
I know Robbie Gray can still play a blinder occasionally & I know Trav can still rack but the reality is it's got us nowhere from a team aspect.

They are getting on in age & all they've known is team failure, a new coach will tell them both to retire imo.

I know Robbie Gray can still play a blinder occasionally & I know Trav can still rack but the reality is it's got us nowhere from a team aspect.

They are getting on in age & all they've known is team failure, a new coach will tell them both to retire imo.
I agree on Robbie, but not on Trav.

Boaky spot is up for grabs every week.
You can get it by training harder and playing better along with showing outstanding leadership and a being terrific mentor and inspiration around the club.

Personally I want to see how far Boaky can go with his degree of professionalism and to be able to use it as a reference for any rookie that lands at Port.

Boaky is almost an experiment in durability though professionalism as a afl footballer and I’d be giving him a contract every year until he doesn’t earn one.

You can get it by training harder and playing better along with showing outstanding leadership and a being terrific mentor and inspiration around the club.

Personally I want to see how far Boaky can go with his degree of professionalism and to be able to use it as a reference for any rookie that lands at Port.

Boaky is almost an experiment in durability though professionalism as a afl footballer and I’d be giving him a contract every year until he doesn’t earn one.
I agree 100% with this. It's a meritocracy. If somebody is banging down the door, let them play. There isn't. So they won't. As long as Trav is getting games because we don't have anyone better he should keep his spot.

Imagine if Carlton retired Bradley at 35.

He was still captain at 38.

Agreed. The Consummate professional. Highly respected.
Ready made role model/mentor for younger players, and not so young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back