List Mgmt. 2022 List Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the one game requirement, I'd like to see that in the men's too now we have a bidding system.

A lot of people feel linked to a club just being recruited. Happy for the Matthews.

I don't mind the one game requirement, I'd like to see that in the men's too now we have a bidding system.

A lot of people feel linked to a club just being recruited. Happy for the Matthews.
I don't mind it for somebody like Matthews, who has already been through a draft and may not attract any bids anyway. Just wait until there's a high-end pick who goes to some team that doesn't need help because their dad played a handful of games there.

Maybe they could do something similar to what happened with the academy picks in the men's last year. Like, if somebody bids a top-20 pick for someone whose dad played under 50 games, then there's no matching, or something like that.

Draft Day tomorrow (29th). Stream starts at 7pm Eastern, but it could be hours later until they get through the top 10.

We have picks 16, 63, 74, 81. One to be used on F/D Matthews.
That's Victorian picks 7, 36, 41, 44.

Here's a list of draft guides and Phantoms for your last minute perusal:

PMBangers Phantom Draft

In summary:

Pick 16 - J'Noemi Anderson, 17yo 171cm tackling mid/forward.
Pick 63 - Hannah Stuart, 28yo 165cm tackling clearance 1% machine, inside mid.
Pick 74 - Deanna Jolliffe, 29yo 169cm leader intercept defender.
Pick 81 - Caitlin Matthews, 18yo 172cm deep defender.

Last edited:
2022B List changes:

IN:

Nicola Stevens (traded in for pick No. 28, first-round compensation pick)
Erin McKinnon (traded in for pick No. 37), Pick No. 52 (on-traded from Richmond via GWS as part of Erin McKinnon trade)
Clara Fitzpatrick (delisted free agent)
Grace Kelly (traded in for pick No. 54)
J'Noemi Anderson (draft pick 16)
Hannah Stuart (draft pick 63)
Deanna Jolliffe (draft pick 74)
Caitlin Matthews (draft pick 81, father/daughter)

OUT:
Tilly Lucas-Rodd (expansion)
Tahlia Meyer (delisted)
Kate McCarthy (delisted)
Cat Phillips (expansion)
Paige Price (delisted)
Isabella Shannon (delisted, study leave)
Jacqui Vogt (expansion)
Alana Woodward (delisted)
Rhi Watt (delisted)
Pick No. 54 (brought in as part of Erin McKinnon trade, used to secure Grace Kelly)

List Profile:

1656583273241.png

Pretty even list with good coverage of positions. Median age and height of 23.4 and 168.5 respectively. An interesting age profile, nearly every player at one end or the other. Still young, but the additions of solid experienced players Stevens, Fitzpatrick, Stuart and Jolliffe will be a benefit.

Statistically, our top four players have been Patrikios, Smith, Lucas-Rodd and Phillips. Certainly work to do for Dal Santo to fill those huge gaps in numbers. I think there are about 12 selection "locks" week to week to build around, and pretty good to rotate the rest of the list when they're up and about and in form.

They're a sensational group. I hope they see the rewards onfield, but I'd be happy with continual improvement from everyone and seeing them crack in each week.

2022B List changes:

IN:
Nicola Stevens (traded in for pick No. 28, first-round compensation pick)
Erin McKinnon (traded in for pick No. 37), Pick No. 52 (on-traded from Richmond via GWS as part of Erin McKinnon trade)
Clara Fitzpatrick (delisted free agent)
Grace Kelly (traded in for pick No. 54)
J'Noemi Anderson (draft pick 16)
Hannah Stuart (draft pick 63)
Deanna Jolliffe (draft pick 74)
Caitlin Matthews (draft pick 81, father/daughter)

OUT:
Tilly Lucas-Rodd (expansion)
Tahlia Meyer (delisted)
Kate McCarthy (delisted)
Cat Phillips (expansion)
Paige Price (delisted)
Isabella Shannon (delisted, study leave)
Jacqui Vogt (expansion)
Alana Woodward (delisted)
Rhi Watt (delisted)
Pick No. 54 (brought in as part of Erin McKinnon trade, used to secure Grace Kelly)

List Profile:

View attachment 1436538

Pretty even list with good coverage of positions. Median age and height of 23.4 and 168.5 respectively. An interesting age profile, nearly every player at one end or the other. Still young, but the additions of solid experienced players Stevens, Fitzpatrick, Stuart and Jolliffe will be a benefit.

Statistically, our top four players have been Patrikios, Smith, Lucas-Rodd and Phillips. Certainly work to do for Dal Santo to fill those huge gaps in numbers. I think there are about 12 selection "locks" week to week to build around, and pretty good to rotate the rest of the list when they're up and about and in form.

They're a sensational group. I hope they see the rewards onfield, but I'd be happy with continual improvement from everyone and seeing them crack in each week.
I didn't realise just how young our mids were until it was written out like that. If we can get them all out there at the same time, they could grow into a pretty strong group.

Leah Cutting has been a notable absense at training. Sounds like she can't get out of work commitments with SA Police. Another casualty of the early season start.

Simone Nalder joins us as another ruck, 186cm ruck from Essendon VFLW. Won a premiership against us last week, now joins Jolliffe and Stuart from that same match haha.

Interesting we didn't go for Southern Saint ruck Sarah Black. Maybe a few less hitouts but a tackling machine, always handy on-ball.

Speaking of absenses, not sure I've seen Fitzpatrick yet?

Vax mandate is gone, Patrikios can play! HUGE!!!
According to the Herald Sun she's been training away from the club and is considered ready to slot in to training ASAP.

The AFL has lifted its vaccine mandate, changing its policy to “strongly encourage”, rather than compel, players and football department staff to receive the vaccination.

The decision will enable St Kilda’s Georgia Patrikios to begin training with the Saints before the next AFLW season in August, having stood out of the season earlier this year.

shocked mr bean GIF

How about that!! Suddenly we get a little lift. Let's get around her and move forward.

George : Sorry for plonking this here but I couldn’t find an appropriate thread.
I just received an email from the Club letting me know that my 2022 AFLW Membership was being rolled over into 2023 free of charge.
I didn’t know that I had an AFLW membership, would this have been some opt out option back when the girls started?
And I am being typically unobservant?
Because I did sign up then but thought only for the year.
The outcome doesn’t concern me, I like for the girls to be successful.
You might know more about this?

George : Sorry for plonking this here but I couldn’t find an appropriate thread.
I just received an email from the Club letting me know that my 2022 AFLW Membership was being rolled over into 2023 free of charge.
I didn’t know that I had an AFLW membership, would this have been some opt out option back when the girls started?
And I am being typically unobservant?
Because I did sign up then but thought only for the year.
The outcome doesn’t concern me, I like for the girls to be successful.
You might know more about this?
You probably signed on for a deal at the time that required auto roll-over as part of the offer. They do that a lot. You can just email or call and cancel the auto roll-over, no biggie.

And you should be sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back