Golf 2022 Masters (@ Augusta). Live on Kayo, Fox Sports and 9Gem/Now

Remove this Banner Ad

217eef3ca5e46a0ae3da23d061505fa121c23a40.jpeg

It's that time of year again. The most wondrous time of year, the best 4 day sporting extravaganza in the world, The Masters.

Crowds are back and the place is buzzing with the possibility that Tiger Woods will play some 13 months after a horrific car accident.

From our continent, there are 6 who will have the Australian flag next to their name.

Hideki Matsuyama is the defending champion but rumours he is battling a neck injury.

Phil Mickelson is not playing.

TV Coverage

9now and 9Gem

Thursday, April 7 5.00am LIVE on 9Gem and 9Now
Friday, April 8 5.00am LIVE on 9Gem and 9Now
Saturday, April 9 5.00am LIVE on 9Gem and 9Now
Sunday, April 10 5.00am LIVE on 9Gem and 9Now
Monday April 11 4.00am LIVE on 9Gem and 9Now

Fox Sports

Kayo
- dedicated golf channel including Live from the Masters

Last edited:

The pivotal moment was Smith's second shot on 3.

This was after Scheffler (already showing signs of distress after Cam had closed the gap with two birdies) had already missed that green in a tough spot. Smith then inexplicably tried the miracle shot when short sided and came up short as well, ending up in the same spot to immediately relieve the pressure valve. He had to just get that shot on the green and keep applying the blowtorch.

The tee shots on 4 (long iron straight at a sucker pin) and 12 (going straight at the Sunday sucker pin which Nicklaus and Woods had spent 40 years avoiding) were really bad as well but Smith's 2nd at 3 swung the whole tournament.

Sad to say but this was a Shark-esque final round. Particularly when Scheffler had given him a real look in.

Faldo nailed it with his commentary I thought. He'd seen this rodeo before.

The two-shot swing halted his momentum on the third (the chip in was complete arse. Would've gone at least 10 feet by had it missed the 1cm wide flag.).

Had a chance to par the 10th but missed a short putt (with a lot of break admittedly).

He worked hard to pull within three again after the birdie on 11.

The proceeded to blow up his round on the 12th with the worst short iron he has hit in 2022 and the rest is history. Had he stayed within three going into the last 5/6 holes. Scheffler would've felt the heat. But alas, was not to be.

Just finished watching it just then. agreed with the sentiments above. Was a bit of a drub final day since the leader was so far in front but it could have turned a lot different if Rory was a lot closer or Smith didn't muff his lines on the 3rd and 12th.

Fair player to Scheffler still.

“She told me, ‘Who are you to say that you’re not ready?’” Scheffler said. “And so what we talked about is that God is in control and that the Lord is leading me and if today is my time, it’s my time. And if I shot 82 today, somehow I was going to use it for His glory.

Id just like once someone to blame god for losing

Id just like once someone to blame god for losing

God and Faith is an interesting discussion point in sports. Would be nice to have a decent discussion on the subject at some stage.

Still if we can thank God for Paige, then surely the masters winner can thank God too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back