News 2022 Media Draft Rankings & Phantom Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Players like Pendlebury, Bont, Cripps and Danger didn't have as strong exposed form as others in their drafts. There's a lot of projection involved in drafting.

Risky to assume that you can pick up a bolter without much form and he'll definitely be better than someone who's been top 10 all year.

Westcoast88

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
Risky to assume that you can pick up a bolter without much form and he'll definitely be better than someone who's been top 10 all year.
Trouble is eagle recruiters really want locals this year due to more prevalent go home factor so we might take Allen at 9 or 13 which could be overs. Our club is a bit scared of Vic metro players this year.

Westcoast88

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
My top 6 are:
Ashcroft
Tsatas
Ginbey
Wardlaw
Cardman
Sheezel
In that order.
I have no idea why you traded out pick 2…. But Busslinger at pick 8 would be my pick. He is a good QB/style third tall, who could become a CHB in time.

Clark would be the next choice but I wouldn’t take him as WC. Mackenzie or Jefferson would be decent options.
We gave up pick 2 because of the go home factor.

Westcoast88

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
lol. Ed Allan a tall? Yeah I guess he is... a tall midfielder that is.
Which makes it 2 mids and a key back i'd say.
You blokes would be stoked with that haul.
As i rate Jones as the most under rated player in the draft. He's a ripper!
It's not too bad I guess, Allen a bit of a reach though.

Spank2304

Debutant
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Trouble is eagle recruiters really want locals this year due to more prevalent go home factor so we might take Allen at 9 or 13 which could be overs. Our club is a bit scared of Vic metro players this year.
Do you think we would pass on Humphrey (VM), Phillipou (SA), Mackenzie (VC) and Clark (VC) that could be available at our pick 9 instead of Allan? At 13 would they go Allan over Hewitt? Seems a bit crazy to me.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Do you think we would pass on Humphrey (VM), Phillipou (SA), Mackenzie (VC) and Clark (VC) that could be available at our pick 9 instead of Allan? At 13 would they go Allan over Hewitt? Seems a bit crazy to me.
They'll take in to consideration who the club's between 8 and 12 are more likely to take.

If they want both, and they believe Allan (after speaking to Hewetts' and Allans' managers) is more likely to be taken between their 1st and 2nd picks, they'll take Allan.

Westcoast88

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
I think from what I've heard we would pass on Phillipou at pick 9. Humphrey is VC not VM. Allen could be picked at 13 but I hope not as i think it's paying little overs and he might be there at 22. Clark I think we might take at 9 if he is available and Ginbey is gone to Gold Coast not sure about the others I think we have a strong bias to WA boys this year so Busslinger, Hewett, Ginbey will be high priority. I'd be shocked if we picked Phillipou just from what I'm hearing.

Spank2304

Debutant
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I think from what I've heard we would pass on Phillipou at pick 9. Humphrey is VC not VM. Allen could be picked at 13 but I hope not as i think it's paying little overs and he might be there at 22. Clark I think we might take at 9 if he is available and Ginbey is gone to Gold Coast not sure about the others I think we have a strong bias to WA boys this year so Busslinger, Hewett, Ginbey will be high priority. I'd be shocked if we picked Phillipou just from what I'm hearing.
Going off that it could be something like Busslinger at 8/9 unless Ginbey is there and then Hewett at 12/13.

Apr 1, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
What are you hearing about Phillipou?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Heard he does not want to go to WA, not sure if it includes other interstate clubs or not though. I have some contacts linked to the club through business dealings.
That's not what he said in a prior interview.
He has previously stipulated "to be honest with you I'd be more excited if I was to go interstate. There's a lot of unknown with that which really excites me. So I'm completely okay with it".

Westcoast88

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
That's not what he said in a prior interview.
He has previously stipulated "to be honest with you I'd be more excited if I was to go interstate. There's a lot of unknown with that which really excites me. So I'm completely okay with it".

Yes and JHF said he would be happy to play for anyone last year and what happened there ????????????

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
That's the media speculating more than anything.

I can just about guarantee if he's on the board at their 3rd selection WC will take him

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back