Resource 2022 Membership - 63,240 as at August 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

i got an email stating the digital memberships were off the table for now due to no agreement between afl and koyo of a deal, oddly enough they came to one last year deciding on a 7 month subscription however i never got the sub???

wife is carlton member and got the sub so we watched the games through her account. pretty crappily handled really.

Love footy and catching up with my mate having a beer. Been a ritual for a long time that will contnue long after Hinkleys gone. So yeh I'll be back.

Been in contact with GranFormaggi this morning, and we are the same. For so long last night, I felt like giving up on footy.

I feel like something clicked in me as I was watching us get destroyed last night. A 'why am I sitting here at the ground watching this s**t again' type feeling. The thought of spending another year going to AO watching a Hinkley coached side makes me physically cringe. At the very least I'm canceling the auto-renewal and I think I'll just watch from home next year so I can switch of the inevitable embarrassments.

Last edited:
I'm digging my heels in for real this time.
Me too. I love this club so much, but how long can I continue to financially support the club when they disregard the hands that feed them and accept mediocrity. It is like giving money to a drug addict hoping they make better choices!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between watching the slow death of this team and being forever confronted by overzealous covid marshals over masks, standing in the wrong spot for more than 5 seconds or whatever, i've never enjoyed going to the football less than i have this year.

Agreed. Felt like a chore for large chunks of the year.

I haven't decided if I'm going to renew my membership. I most likely will, but I want to see something to provide reason for optimism. Adding a few flankers like Jordan Dawson and drafting Jase Burgoyne as a F/S is not going to cut it - a big head has to roll for last night's performance. They simply cannot think that keeping the status quo and changing a few things on the fringes is going to take them from last night to a flag winning team.

I'll renew. This is my club. I'm a part of it. I'm devastated at the moment but the club is bigger than any diversity. It's actually gutless to not renew just because of a coach or results. More gutless than the insipid performance last night.
Besides I love my seats. I'll never get them back if I don't renew.

At the end of 2019 I cancelled my donation-per-win and stated why (aw der). ā€˜Sorry to hear that, weā€™ve taken you off it, etc.ā€™

2020 rolls around, we win, out comes $10. Itā€™d obviously auto-renewed somehow. I didnā€™t bother quibbling especially given COVID and the obvious impact.

Two seasons and 33 wins later = $330. Not a fortune, but not to be sneezed at.

Tap definitely turns off in 2022.

Between watching the slow death of this team and being forever confronted by overzealous covid marshals over masks, standing in the wrong spot for more than 5 seconds or whatever, i've never enjoyed going to the football less than i have this year.

Didnt go to either final this year. There were circumstances that made it difficult to attend but not impossible. I just couldn't be fucjed in the end. Used to be a 10 games a year type, now I'm more a 5 or 6.

Iā€™m in for next year, but will never get seduced my this club again.

they can win 20 in a row next year and Iā€™m going to refuse to get seduced.

my lad said to me why I wasnā€™t totally devastated last night, I told him Iā€™ve seen it all before, lived through a period where we were dominant and made 1 grand final, so Iā€™ve built up a fair pain tolerance.

I have Lost complete faith in the club and unless there is real change and I mean change where we all go s**t I didnā€™t see that happening, or I didnā€™t think we had the balls to do it, I will continue to have no faith. Iā€™ll support and barrack and attend without faith.

Iā€™m in for next year, but will never get seduced my this club again.

they can win 20 in a row next year and Iā€™m going to refuse to get seduced.

my lad said to me why I wasnā€™t totally devastated last night, I told him Iā€™ve seen it all before, lived through a period where we were dominant and made 1 grand final, so Iā€™ve built up a fair pain tolerance.

I have Lost complete faith in the club and unless there is real change and I mean change where we all go sh*t I didnā€™t see that happening, or I didnā€™t think we had the balls to do it, I will continue to have no faith. Iā€™ll support and barrack and attend without faith.
Same here.
After last year I lost much of my passion for the club.
Struggled through this year.
Got a bit excited come finals time, but still very, very wary.
Never over the top fanatacism like a lot of supporters, or like I used to be.
Hence less distance to hit the ground with a thud when we invariably implode!

But the club HAS to leverage this disaster to bring about serious changes.
It CANNOT be brushed aside, or we will never succeed.
Same old, same old will deliver more of the same.

Stupidity. Same process. Expecting different results.

623JAan.jpg

Didn't the renewals come out the week after the prelim last year too? Possibly not the best decision the marketing people have made.

Mine will be ignored until I've cooled down. No biggie for me as it's just an Interstate, plus the goodie bags for the grandchildren (who incidentally were in tears last night if anyone from the Club is reading...)

I feel like something clicked in me as I was watching us get destroyed last night. A 'why am I watching sitting here at the ground watching this sh*t again' type feeling. The thought of spending another year going to AO watching a Hinkley coached side makes me physically cringe. At the very least I'm canceling the auto-renewal and I think I'll just watch from home next year so I can switch of the inevitable embarrassments.
Same I've sat through 119, sat through us giving Gold Coast there first win, sat through us losing to the Hawks by 165 at the G , sat through us getting belted by Ben Brown and the roos but last night hurt me the most don't think I can get emotionally invested anymore in a Hinkley led team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back