Club Mgmt. 2022 Membership Thread - 84,778 members on 2022!

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's what I got back

Thank you for contacting the Essendon Football Club,

Due to feedback from members about wishing they were able to access away games especially ANZAC and Dreamtime, we have adjusted our reserved seat model and all reserve seat memberships now have access to away games for a very minimal change in price with providing far greater value to the membership. After a couple of years missing games we want to make sure you can see the team as much as possible in 2022.

I can see you are entitled to a credit for the 2022 season due to the missed games this year. Your credit is worth $15.03, would you like me to apply these to your 2022 membership or it can be refunded?

If you have any issues, please let me know,

So I've had to go back again and explain I'm an AFL member, my EFC membership is just a 7-game Marvel reserved seat add-on to give me a good seat at Marvel.

Is anybody else an AFL member with the same sort of package from EFC? Have they removed the package or something?

I've also asked for the calculation on my credit. The AFL is giving a 30% refund. I'd like to see how they got to $15 of a $256 membership (ie about 6%)

Seriously, after the last decade... why are we going through this? What is wrong with this club?

Here's what I got back

Thank you for contacting the Essendon Football Club,

Due to feedback from members about wishing they were able to access away games especially ANZAC and Dreamtime, we have adjusted our reserved seat model and all reserve seat memberships now have access to away games for a very minimal change in price with providing far greater value to the membership. After a couple of years missing games we want to make sure you can see the team as much as possible in 2022.

I can see you are entitled to a credit for the 2022 season due to the missed games this year. Your credit is worth $15.03, would you like me to apply these to your 2022 membership or it can be refunded?

If you have any issues, please let me know,

So I've had to go back again and explain I'm an AFL member, my EFC membership is just a 7-game Marvel reserved seat add-on to give me a good seat at Marvel.

Is anybody else an AFL member with the same sort of package from EFC? Have they removed the package or something?

I've also asked for the calculation on my credit. The AFL is giving a 30% refund. I'd like to see how they got to $15 of a $256 membership (ie about 6%)

Seriously, after the last decade... why are we going through this? What is wrong with this club?
My initial deduction was $63 credit, yet the final email I got confirmed a $81 credit.

It's a shambles.

In reply to Bunk Moreland and others.
I've been a full AFL member for way too many years, maybe 12 or 15...currently on the hook to pay $800 something, or is it $600 something.
I've also been a bronze EFC reserved seat member, just to get the same good seat at docklands home games, is that $140'ish. I watch my bank account real close hey?!
Plus the pre-COVID reserved seats that the above 2 memberships don't cover at the $9 +booking fee each ticket.

We haven't been able to get a GF or decent finals ticket for some time due to the saturation of the AFL reserve. 5 games this year!

I've just swapped to a single membership with EFC, Bronze for $435. I was after the high mark but the guy on the phone sold me down to Bronze.
EFC said there is definitely no refund on my Bronze reserve as the club would be losing money if they gave me anything back, then guilted me with "do you really want us to lose money"

Just spoke to AFL Membership Department and they said I need to email them to cancel and also request the 30% refund to our accounts as it's not advertised and the "current" statement they are told to say is to take it on the chin and sign up again for more punishment next year, or email that we're not satisfied and request refunds instead... i'll update when I hear back.

I'm feeling pretty good about the shift, it does suck I don't have a chance at seeing great finals and GF's again but heck, Essendon will be in them for the next 20 years right? oh and the discounted Boxing Day ticket that still cost like $36...what did i even save on that?

Contacted the club for my credit. Got told it was applied and my installments would be reduced as a result.

First instalment comes out, no reduction. 🤦‍♂

Contact the club, "Oh it looks like it wasn't applied."

In reply to Bunk Moreland and others.
I've been a full AFL member for way too many years, maybe 12 or 15...currently on the hook to pay $800 something, or is it $600 something.
I've also been a bronze EFC reserved seat member, just to get the same good seat at docklands home games, is that $140'ish. I watch my bank account real close hey?!
Plus the pre-COVID reserved seats that the above 2 memberships don't cover at the $9 +booking fee each ticket.

We haven't been able to get a GF or decent finals ticket for some time due to the saturation of the AFL reserve. 5 games this year!

I've just swapped to a single membership with EFC, Bronze for $435. I was after the high mark but the guy on the phone sold me down to Bronze.
EFC said there is definitely no refund on my Bronze reserve as the club would be losing money if they gave me anything back, then guilted me with "do you really want us to lose money"

Just spoke to AFL Membership Department and they said I need to email them to cancel and also request the 30% refund to our accounts as it's not advertised and the "current" statement they are told to say is to take it on the chin and sign up again for more punishment next year, or email that we're not satisfied and request refunds instead... i'll update when I hear back.

I'm feeling pretty good about the shift, it does suck I don't have a chance at seeing great finals and GF's again but heck, Essendon will be in them for the next 20 years right? oh and the discounted Boxing Day ticket that still cost like $36...what did i even save on that?

Update after some back and forth. I was very polite however stayed firm with the AFL on my request on the refund of the 30%. They actioned my request and cancelled my Full AFL Membership after 17 years. Also full fare was $680 for a full AFL membership.

I'm looking forward to the EFC Bronze next year, the same reserved seat for all home games in 14-L and M16-GG...then the thrill of fighting Ticketmaster for a seat on away games...plus the savings!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we extend Xavier's contact.
I think he already has it until he doesn't want it anymore. He turned down the marvel stadium job, so It will be Interesting if he will go for the afl gig (would definitely be one of the very few from club land that the afl board would look at).

Quick one guys - does the "Insider" pack come with a membership scarf? Thinking of buying it for my sister as a Christmas gift. She's never been a member so I thought the 150 year would be a nice time to buy her one. She doesn't attend many games (and goes MCC with friends when she does) so it's not worth a membership with tickets.

I could just get her a Dees membership instead but I'll do the right thing for the team she supports...

Quick one guys - does the "Insider" pack come with a membership scarf? Thinking of buying it for my sister as a Christmas gift. She's never been a member so I thought the 150 year would be a nice time to buy her one. She doesn't attend many games (and goes MCC with friends when she does) so it's not worth a membership with tickets.

I could just get her a Dees membership instead but I'll do the right thing for the team she supports...
A first year member will get a scarf, but after that you only get one in a milestone year (which gets one of everything) or with a junior membership.

It does seem to say insiders get membership packs every year too actually 🤔 but yeah first year she'll get a scarf either way.

Last edited:
surely we get our scarfs this year?

i forgot i changed my credit card so the auto deduction didn't work this year, need to remember to call them

Hi all,
It's my first season living in Melbourne for 15 years! I've not had a membership before..
I'd love to hear your tips, and any general advice.

I'm looking at the Flexi Home and Away for $235.
It says I get GA access for all Melbourne games. Does this include ANZAC Day? If games sell out, can I still go?
Would I be guaranteed to be able to attend finals if I pay extra?
I will probably attend games with non-members, can we sit together?
Are there any special restrictions or perks for first time members?

I expect to get to ~10 games. Perhaps I should consider the MCC flexi-Marvel for 99?

Hi all,
It's my first season living in Melbourne for 15 years! I've not had a membership before..
I'd love to hear your tips, and any general advice.

I'm looking at the Flexi Home and Away for $235.
It says I get GA access for all Melbourne games. Does this include ANZAC Day? If games sell out, can I still go?
Would I be guaranteed to be able to attend finals if I pay extra?
I will probably attend games with non-members, can we sit together?
Are there any special restrictions or perks for first time members?

I expect to get to ~10 games. Perhaps I should consider the MCC flexi-Marvel for 99?
GA is member emails etc and access to the stadium for however many games are included. You can use the public standing area or the unticketed seating, which is (generally speaking) up in the rafters, though there is some GA on level 1 at the MCG. If your friends get GA tickets during public sale they will be able to sit with you.

GA seating is first in best dressed, you won’t have a seat number, so if you don’t get there early there may not be enough seats together for all of you, and you might have to split up or end up right at the back.

GA membership can be used to get in no matter what happens during public sale, if it sells out you already have your ticket. The only time it’s an issue is if a game is fully ticketed, there isn’t any GA in that case and the club sends an email saying “upgrade to a reserved seat to guarantee entry” which they usually will do for Anzac Day/Dreamtime. If they do that you’ll have access to tickets before the general public though and shouldn’t miss out unless you’re slow and miss the sale window.

Anzac Day and Dreamtime alternate between home and away, so you’ll get one or the other included every year with a home games membership and both if you do home and away.

First time members now get a merch pack with a scarf or something. We used to all get merch in the member packs but they cut costs, so now you only get merch in milestone years and first year of membership. There’s nothing else special about being a first year member. https://membership.essendonfc.com.au/member-info/member-pack-items

With any of those match access memberships you just use your membership card to scan into the ground and show it to the usher to access the reserved areas that are part of your membership.

Due to covid they’ve been changing things though, and at times it’s been really difficult for a member to sit with friends without paying extra for another ticket during public sale. We have had to secure our tickets via ticketek/ticketmaster during priority member sale periods instead of scanning in with our cards, and can’t always use higher tier memberships during priority periods for lower tier memberships. Hopefully it’s back to normal sooner rather than later. https://membership.essendonfc.com.au/member-info/covid-faqs

In answer to your other questions, it varies with different levels of membership. Most come with some sort of finals priority access, but since we haven’t made finals in Melbourne for ages, I haven’t had an opportunity to test it. If we had a final in Melbourne and it was likely to sell out it would be played at the MCG, and I’m sure you’d get in one way or the other.

I would recommend just looking through them all and figuring out what’s important to you;

Awesome thanks Lore that's great info.
I didn't know that for Anzac/Dreamtime there is no GA. Nice to find that out now rather than later, thanks :)

With the Anzac/Dreamtime tickets, are you able to purchase a couple or just one for yourself?
Im guessing the latter, so I might need to gift a mate a Flexi-8 membership for Christmas...

EDIT ok wow they are not cheap, and I am, so I'll encourage a mate to treat themselves

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back