Club Mgmt. 2022 Membership Thread - 84,778 members on 2022!

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't think it's been started? Anyway

I am an AFL member but I have an EFC add-on membership, which is $256 and gives me a silver reserved seat at our 7 Marvel games.

Got renewal info today... says it'll be $301 (a lazy 18% increase, if you don't mind).

That's on top of me paying $256 in 2020 and getting zero games (I pledged it)

Then paying $256 in 2021 and only getting 5 of the 7 Marvel games.

I'll have to contact them and see what's what but... really?

Check your invoices.

The club has generously charged me for the upgraded membership I didn't ask for last year.

Pretty ordinary in my opinion, surely the renewal would be for the membership level I paid for last year not the upgraded one.

I am an AFL member but I have an EFC add-on membership, which is $256 and gives me a silver reserved seat at our 7 Marvel games.

Got renewal info today... says it'll be $301 (a lazy 18% increase, if you don't mind).

They mentioned 'making it up to members' at one point through the year but just sent the invoice with the price increases in it.

However, looking at the terms and conditions of membership, you are entitled to claim compensation for the missed games... https://membership.essendonfc.com.au/2021-covid-faqs

Did the same as you and feel similar about it. The quality of membership inclusions has gone down a lot with the asaga bill and now a one in a lifetime global pandemic. The free upgrade isn't worth much if you can't use it. Then throw in a price hike.

If you don't ask you get nothing for covid related impacts on your membership in 2021 or 2022, they're not going to contact us and offer compensation. Here's the COVID membership policy: https://membership.essendonfc.com.au/member-info/covid-faqs

The only reason I can think of for a price hike is that membership fees are expected to make up the shortfall for the pokies being closed, after we have apparently failed to diversify our income streams?

If you're going to ask people for money, and then cut the inclusions and ask for more money, the least you can do is be transparent about the reasons for it.

I live in country NSW and rarely get to games, though membership entitles me. Gone up to $150. $120 was fine by me. At least I was getting some cheap merch. Are we even getting that this year?
Yep still 10% discount in the bombershop. Not that there's much to pick from 🙄

If you're not attending games you might as well get a digital only membership, e.g. https://membership.essendonfc.com.au/membership/insider

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
They mentioned 'making it up to members' at one point through the year but just sent the invoice with the price increases in it.

However, looking at the terms and conditions of membership, you are entitled to claim compensation for the missed games... https://membership.essendonfc.com.au/2021-covid-faqs

Thats ******* horseshit. If things are to be refunded under terms and conditions then you ******* refund them, you don’t just hope people don’t notice so you can rip them off.

Sure, give people an option to donate it but this is just underhanded s**t.

I’m nearly ready to pull it. I’m an AFL and MCC member anyway.

Thats ******* horseshit. If things are to be refunded under terms and conditions then you ******* refund them, you don’t just hope people don’t notice so you can rip them off.

Sure, give people an option to donate it but this is just underhanded sh*t.

It was mentioned at the bottom of the last president's letter as well. Just one line near the bottom but technically we've been notified...

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep still 10% discount in the bombershop. Not that there's much to pick from 🙄

If you're not attending games you might as well get a digital only membership, e.g. https://membership.essendonfc.com.au/membership/insider
Atleast you get a members pack out of it. Attempted to use my voucher but the only thing that was somewhat interesting was the home jumper. It's difficult to consider paying so much when you aren't getting a lot out of it. The multi game passes made a lot of sense to me, 4-8 passes that can be used all at once if you wanted to. The cost increase may have something to do with the medallion that is being offered as part of every membership.

I do feel like they could of done more with windy Hill and things like that to diversify things. But it looks like they have just left it as a bog standard traditional club house/leagues club that is more attractive to beer flies then anyone else. Exports could of been an interesting endeavour but I feel the person who had the idea left so it just fell apart (was one of those things that would be hard to get off the ground but has a lot of potential to be magical).

The cost increase may have something to do with the medallion that is being offered as part of every membership.
I reckon when you're making 80,000 of them they'd be paying about a dollar each for them... 🤔

Check your invoices.

The club has generously charged me for the upgraded membership I didn't ask for last year.

Pretty ordinary in my opinion, surely the renewal would be for the membership level I paid for last year not the upgraded one.
Ah that's interesting. Might explain what looks like a 'price hike'.

No away reserved seats available for RS members next year and the grand final guarantee add on is $195 and you have to ring to ask the price and add it. Clearly they're avoiding outrage there. Bit of a slap in the face to members who have missed out on so much the last two seasons.
100% * that.

Mines still $70 coz we've done it since they introduced it.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon

Sure, give people an option to donate it but this is just underhanded sh*t.

Access One (or whatever it's called these days) reciprocal tickets are far cheaper than EFC membership last i checked.

BERT

All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.

I'm an AFL member as well with the bronze reserved seat at Marvel and my membership has gone up 28%.

They have added on an away game membership that I never asked for and will never use as I'm an AFL member.

Considering that I have been able to sit in my seat twice in the past 2 years this a disgrace. I donated the full amount in 2020 and last 2021.

Considering the AFL are giving a 30% discount off AFL memberships and the Storm are giving a free membership this is really poor by the club.

UmpireFanClub

Draftee
Aug 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm an AFL member and I think we should be entitled to a refund. This is the second year this has happened. Fingers crossed next year's season isn't compromised. Part of last year's compensation was 5 guest passes I could use this year. The problem was we weren't allowed to use guest passes this year as the crowds were capped and it was almost impossible to get tickets. Offering 30% discount on next year's membership isn't enough. I'm happy to pay the $x amount that goes to the club but I shouldn't be paying towards supporting the AFL...

BERT

All Australian
Feb 28, 2003
in a gutter
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Victory.
I'm an AFL member and I think we should be entitled to a refund. This is the second year this has happened. Fingers crossed next year's season isn't compromised. Part of last year's compensation was 5 guest passes I could use this year. The problem was we weren't allowed to use guest passes this year as the crowds were capped and it was almost impossible to get tickets. Offering 30% discount on next year's membership isn't enough. I'm happy to pay the $x amount that goes to the club but I shouldn't be paying towards supporting the AFL...
According to the email from the AFL I received yesterday all of last years compensation can be used in 2022.

Back