Club Mgmt. 2022 Membership Thread - 84,778 members on 2022!

Remove this Banner Ad

Woah me likey! Is that for a certain membership ?
I believe all I got this year was a patch and a scarf, I didn't even get a pretend membership like some folk xD
Everyone is supposed to get a 150 years medallion. The patch and scarf is because you’re a first year or milestone member (or a kid)

Everyone is supposed to get a 150 years medallion. The patch and scarf is because you’re a first year or milestone member (or a kid)
Sweet can't wait for mine! Hmm I just looked at the patch it indeed says "1st year member " but it's definitely not my first year, Weird.

If I want to take my son to a game (eg Brissy rd 2) and he’s not a member, do I need to get 2 GA tickets even though I’m a reserved seat member?
Reserved seat should be able to enter the ground and sit wherever, like it used to be before covid stuffed it

Reserved seat should be able to enter the ground and sit wherever, like it used to be before covid stuffed it
Haven’t taken the lad as a non-member before. I’d have thought that you would be restricted from sitting wherever due to the possibility that you’d sit in a purchased seat. All good if not. Thanks for the info. I want to get him to a game or 2 even though we aren’t in Melbs.

Haven’t taken the lad as a non-member before. I’d have thought that you would be restricted from sitting wherever due to the possibility that you’d sit in a purchased seat. All good if not. Thanks for the info. I want to get him to a game or 2 even though we aren’t in Melbs.
Nah you sit wherever in the general admission sections, they’re not allocated you just rock up and sit somewhere.

GA is usually level 4 and two bays on level 1 at the MCG, and level 3 behind goal or at the back of the wing at Etihad.

Very strange email from the club. "Moments" I've missed since ditching my membership.

I get the idea in theory, but the list seemed really light on for achievement. When you're listing an individual "dominating a quarter" in an early home and away match it just makes it all seem underwhelming. Fact is supporters have had SFA to celebrate over the last few years, and the email only seemed to reinforce that.

Poor timing also after the round 1 embarassment, marketing can't help that, but maybe would've been better off keeping their powder dry and just have a go before ANZAC day or something if the team's form doesn't pick up.

Last edited:
Poor ole 20 and 30 years get the rough end of the pineapple. Zero benefits compared to 10, 15, 25 year memberships. Bizarre stuff.

9dd5c1a793541aae7239b343cf59fdd8.jpg

Should really offer a discount after 20 consecutive years. Gradually go up to 50%off or sometime before they offer the free home and away membership.

Should really offer a discount after 20 consecutive years. Gradually go up to 50%off or sometime before they offer the free home and away membership.
I don’t think so. Sporting clubs usually don’t offer that sort of stuff. Eg: Golf or tennis clubs for instance.

Poor ole 20 and 30 years get the rough end of the pineapple. Zero benefits compared to 10, 15, 25 year memberships. Bizarre stuff.

9dd5c1a793541aae7239b343cf59fdd8.jpg
I'm a member because I want my reserved seat and to support the club, however almost every single additional "benefit" etc email or offer from the club falls flat for me and actually annoys me more than if they sent nothing. Not sure why.

It's like how I kept paying my full membership through covid and they offered the signed guernsey, but I'd have to pay shipping if I wanted it prior to the following year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a member because I want my reserved seat and to support the club, however almost every single additional "benefit" etc email or offer from the club falls flat for me and actually annoys me more than if they sent nothing. Not sure why.

It's like how I kept paying my full membership through covid and they offered the signed guernsey, but I'd have to pay shipping if I wanted it prior to the following year.
Yeah, it doesn't come off as particularly generous given how much you put into the club. More like minimum they can get away with.

I don't know anyone who is sitting there going "you know what, I'm going to sign up again next year just for that $60 bombershop voucher". The merch isn't that good... would rather a limited edition collector thing or event, access to something special behind the scenes.

Update, now available here:

Thanks, just bought one.

Not feeling particularly happy with the club and their constant money grab drives and emails but this is different and I want to support the women's team.

Thanks, just bought one.

Not feeling particularly happy with the club and their constant money grab drives and emails but this is different and I want to support the women's team.
I had the same feeling when they called me last week. Like f*ck did I really just give this club more money?

But no. I've been hanging out for AFLW membership for ages, I had the VFLW add-on thing this whole time as well ever since we could get it mostly because it gives you first access to AFLW foundation membership.

The member packs for the VFLW add-on were more than worth the price paid anyway, and it's not stuff you can buy from the BomberShop. Limited edition s**t that I'll actually use for $20? Please and thank you. Why the generic memberships don't have as much thought put into it idk.

I had the same feeling when they called me last week. Like f*ck did I really just give this club more money?

But no. I've been hanging out for AFLW membership for ages, I had the VFLW add-on thing this whole time as well ever since we could get it mostly because it gives you first access to AFLW foundation membership.

The member packs for the VFLW add-on were more than worth the price paid anyway, and it's not stuff you can buy from the BomberShop. Limited edition s**t that I'll actually use for $20? Please and thank you. Why the generic memberships don't have as much thought put into it idk.
Because they don't want to make the effort, they just want our money and they can hide behind saying it's because they're rewarding the VFLW members.

Anyway, I'll stop whinging now, I'm very happy to support the AFLW team. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back