2022 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please let me know the meaning of "subject to capacity" in a General Admission membership ticket?

Does that mean I may be rejected at the gate? If so I will buy a different ticket as I am coming from QLD and this will be the only game I can watch in VIC this season.

Sorry if it's a silly question. I haven't done this before

Can someone please let me know the meaning of "subject to capacity" in a General Admission membership ticket?

Does that mean I may be rejected at the gate? If so I will buy a different ticket as I am coming from QLD and this will be the only game I can watch in VIC this season.

Possibly, but unless its anzac day... and maybe QB -- capacity will be fine.

They put that on there to cover their backsides in the unlikely event that they will have to shut the gates. Doesn't really happen these days - ANZAC Day and some others are fully ticketed these days, so its very unlikely to happen.

Its a bit of a throwback to the good old days of suburban grounds when every now and again, they'd have to shut the gates. What a great atmosphere it was when they had to do that - ah, the good old days............................

They put that on there to cover their backsides in the unlikely event that they will have to shut the gates. Doesn't really happen these days - ANZAC Day and some others are fully ticketed these days, so its very unlikely to happen.

Its a bit of a throwback to the good old days of suburban grounds when every now and again, they'd have to shut the gates. What a great atmosphere it was when they had to do that - ah, the good old days............................
I remember a game in the 90s at Kadina Park. They shut the gate before the last train from Melbourne arrived. Hundreds of Collingwood supporters forced the gate open and entered the game free of charge.

Hi all, piggybacking off the previous question, I'm reposting this from another thread, on the suggestion of Maggie5:

Good morning fellow gymnorhina tibicens.

I have a request for advice from the game-attending folk amongst you.

I'll admit it's a naive question, but it's been years since I've attended a game at the G as I live interstate. What's the best way to get tickets for Anzac Day? I'm hoping to take my son down to Melbourne for his first MCG experience and I see that the AFL's website lists tickets as going on sale at 2pm on 12 April.

Is the best option to just jump on the site on the 12th? And does a Pies membership have any bearing on my ability to get tickets?

Thanks for bearing with me, as I said it's been a long time between overpriced midstrength beers at the G.

Footnote: I'm happy to pay extra on the 12th to secure two decent seats, as the last thing I want to do is miss out.

I remember a game in the 90s at Kadina Park. They shut the gate before the last train from Melbourne arrived. Hundreds of Collingwood supporters forced the gate open and entered the game free of charge.
I remember such a game in the 80s down at Kardinia too. Went down with my dad and his mate. Shut the gates and I sat in pouring rain on the fence (literally) to watch the game.

Hi all, just skimmed through as many posts to see if I could find my answer but couldn’t see. Sorry if it’s there (haven’t asked my question yet on here).

But I have a Legends membership and wondering how I go about getting either guest pass/ticket or buy extra tickets with my membership (and we are all together)?

Club membership email never responds and phone number always says no one attends the phone.

Hi all, just skimmed through as many posts to see if I could find my answer but couldn’t see. Sorry if it’s there (haven’t asked my question yet on here).

But I have a Legends membership and wondering how I go about getting either guest pass/ticket or buy extra tickets with my membership (and we are all together)?

Club membership email never responds and phone number always says no one attends the phone.

I think it depends on what type of Legends membership you have.

If you have the one with reserved seat, then I believe it can’t be done using membership.

If you have Legends membership with access to the Legends Bay Area, then I believe you can. I believe the membership is called Legends choice.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I think it depends on what type of Legends membership you have.

If you have the one with reserved seat, then I believe it can’t be done using membership.

If you have Legends membership with access to the Legends Bay Area, then I believe you can. I believe the membership is called Legends choice.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Thanks.

Attachments

• BF2ADE9B-63FE-4944-8D27-33A807455371.jpeg
    BF2ADE9B-63FE-4944-8D27-33A807455371.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 41
Gee I hate Ticketmaster... I went to the site to check my tickets for WC game and they were not there, navigated the site and did all they things they tell you on web site and nothing.

Checked Google to see if I could contact by phone and couldn't find a number but finally found a form that I could complete but kept kicking me out near the end as I had missed out on answering one of the questions.

Finally managed to complete and very lucky that for some reason I had written down the order no. as if I didn't have it didn't know how I was going to get the tickets (they hadn't even confirmed by text). So now just waiting. I only had it because I paid for carpark as well.

How can such a big company not have a phone number and email address to contact them?

Hoping to get some advice here.

I hold an interstate membership (ACT/NSW). Some family (non members, grrr) and I decided we'd get to together to see the Pies flatten the Suns at the MCG at Rnd 7. There are 7 of us total.

I logged onto ticketek at maybe 2.02pm, just minutes after the tickets opened. My membership code was accepted but I couldn't get 7 tickets. In fact, I could only get 1 (mine - no member's guests). There's no phone number for ticketek. By the time I got back to working it out after doing some work maybe 1 hr later the allocation was exhausted.

So a few simple questions:
- are all tickets exhausted, actually? We're playing the Suns?! Surely the G isn't sold out. Is it a COVID seat spacing thing?

- or is it because I hold a basic membership that I couldn't get members guests (like, even a couple?)

- would it make a difference if I tried to upgrade my membership now? Suns might be too late, but maybe I could get the crew together for a later game? Or, does everyone need a membership? (Side note the comments space you put the members barcode in is weird).

- would it be worth chancing it and still coming down from the ACT for GA tix on the day?

Completely and utterly confused about how to get tix to the footy.

Any advice would be incredible.

Thanks

Last edited:
So, in round 7 we play the Suns at the MCG, obviously our home game. Then in round 9 we play our home game against the Bulldogs at Marvel.
Wouldn't it make more sense to play the Suns at Marvel and the Dogs at the MCG?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, how dumb are some people at Ticketmaster?

Just received a reply and they told me to do what I had done which is why I wrote to them!!!

Said to log in and click on my tickets which I had done and of course they still weren't there.

You really don't want to read my reply to them. Even sent them a screen dump!

So, in round 7 we play the Suns at the MCG, obviously our home game. Then in round 9 we play our home game against the Bulldogs at Marvel.
Wouldn't it make more sense to play the Suns at Marvel and the Dogs at the MCG?

Absolutely makes more sense but the afl want a certain number of big games at marvel that will draw 40,000! Collingwood v Gold Coast ain’t going to draw that crowd

Hey All, Planning on taking the family to the game on Saturday. Didn't realise they have changed the age for kids that not requiring a ticket so long as they sit on your knee to 1-5 so now going to need to pay for a reserve seat upgrade for me and the misso and 2 junior tickets for the kids. Anyway all the seats I have been offered are rubbish and will be near the west coast end at level 1. If I hold off till say tomorrow and try again will there be better tickets available? I remember reading that the ticketing agencies hold off on aisles till later in the week. I want my kids to be as close to the pies goals on level 1 as possible.

So received a text from AFL this morning as there will be a new release of tickets for the Anzac Day match.

Have they found more seats, squeezed in more? Ticketing has been a nightmare this year.

How have they found more seats?

Oh and selling starts at 11.00 am today.

So received a text from AFL this morning as there will be a new release of tickets for the Anzac Day match.

Have they found more seats, squeezed in more? Ticketing has been a nightmare this year.

How have they found more seats?

Oh and selling starts at 11.00 am today.
Unsold corporate packages would be my guess

I was in bay 34 next to the cheer squad today. It’s my away seat as a legends member. I love the passion and excitement of sitting there but I tell you what - there is a middle aged bloke and an old bloke at the front who really need to check themselves. Just screaming the same things over and over about the umps. Swearing themselves hoarse. Really angry and aggressive. It really impacted everyone around’s enjoyment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back