Universal Love 2022 Membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

robo_1

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just wondering, do other interstate clubs have this option? Lions?

Lions have this package which is the same as our Victorian suns

But also have this package which suns don’t offer

Then they have a $35 membership add on for the cheer squad

Scotty_222

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Does anyone know if you don’t use all your credit does it role over?
Only thing worth getting is the polo, rest is junk.
Which they had new era hats and beanies on offer

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Does anyone know if you don’t use all your credit does it role over?
Only thing worth getting is the polo, rest is junk.
Which they had new era hats and beanies on offer
Don’t think it does. I got a polo, scarf (collect them each year) and mug

The Gotham Penguin

Give me fish - and The Batman!
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I had hoped the club might listen to feedback for us in Vic - but no.
$139 for 2 games (plus 4 others non GCS)
$235 for 4 games (if we get 4) + 7 non-gcs games.

I can get a general admission ticket (and no shortage of them in Melbourne!) for $37 - and pretty much sit where I like except level 2 + MCG members.

So if we get 3 games - $111

How hard is it for GCS to throw together a 3 game package for $120 and if we get 4 then $160.

So $74 vs $139
Or $111 v $235 (or $$148 vs $235 if we get 4)

And the money goes to the club.

Honestly - as some mates tend not to go to games against us, I can usually snag a membership card to get in off one of them, but even if I can't my work has a box at Metricon - and offer free tix - so I'm the only one going to GCS games, so I'd also get freebies there.

I'd like the club to get my money - but why would I want to pay pretty much double GA prices - at best.

If we want more GCS supporters (and there are quite a few 'floating' Vic fans who would like us to win games (especially against their 'rival clubs' - if we beat Essendon - Hawks fans will be happy etc etc) - so make it affordable, and tempting.

And stop advertising membership during the games on TV in Vic - people in Vic who want to watch US, have already found a way to get tix. Advertise in a non-footy timeslot, say when AFL 360 is on - much more effective.

But seriously - $120 for 3 games is fair - plus I'd get the wife one as well. At $235 ($470 for 2) - I'll be bludging tix off mates or work.

I just don't get it.
Pay twice the price to be one of 200 fans in a huge half-empty stadium getting thrashed, and mocked. Err no.

Come on Suns, wake up, and sort it out.

Price it right, and we could have 500 members in Vic - Suns fans, floating fans, and footy tragics who just enjoy seeing a side develop.

Plenty of time - just price it right!

Sorry for the rant guys, but this club shoots itself in the foot so many times.....

Jirik13

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I had hoped the club might listen to feedback for us in Vic - but no.
$139 for 2 games (plus 4 others non GCS)
$235 for 4 games (if we get 4) + 7 non-gcs games.

I can get a general admission ticket (and no shortage of them in Melbourne!) for $37 - and pretty much sit where I like except level 2 + MCG members.

So if we get 3 games - $111

How hard is it for GCS to throw together a 3 game package for $120 and if we get 4 then $160.

So $74 vs $139
Or $111 v $235 (or $$148 vs $235 if we get 4)

And the money goes to the club.

Honestly - as some mates tend not to go to games against us, I can usually snag a membership card to get in off one of them, but even if I can't my work has a box at Metricon - and offer free tix - so I'm the only one going to GCS games, so I'd also get freebies there.

I'd like the club to get my money - but why would I want to pay pretty much double GA prices - at best.

If we want more GCS supporters (and there are quite a few 'floating' Vic fans who would like us to win games (especially against their 'rival clubs' - if we beat Essendon - Hawks fans will be happy etc etc) - so make it affordable, and tempting.

And stop advertising membership during the games on TV in Vic - people in Vic who want to watch US, have already found a way to get tix. Advertise in a non-footy timeslot, say when AFL 360 is on - much more effective.

But seriously - $120 for 3 games is fair - plus I'd get the wife one as well. At $235 ($470 for 2) - I'll be bludging tix off mates or work.

I just don't get it.
Pay twice the price to be one of 200 fans in a huge half-empty stadium getting thrashed, and mocked. Err no.

Come on Suns, wake up, and sort it out.

Price it right, and we could have 500 members in Vic - Suns fans, floating fans, and footy tragics who just enjoy seeing a side develop.

Plenty of time - just price it right!

Sorry for the rant guys, but this club shoots itself in the foot so many times.....
Send it to Evans. Let’s see what he has to say. Several years back if I remember correctly, the club mentioned that Victoria memberships are determined by AFL. But then other interstate clubs do have better choices.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah I have seen somewhere that interstate memberships aren't in the control of any club, I may have heard wrong though.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
i wonder if the two games in a row in the NT are both home, meaning only 9 at Metricon? or 8 if there is 1 also in Cairns?
There won’t be cairns as well if we have two Darwin games. Fixtures will be out soon.

the heat room podcast are revealing some suns fixture news in the morning too

RogueRen

Senior List
Apr 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Sorry, off topic but does anyone know if you can change your Username? Had the same for years, feel like an update 🤘🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad