Universal Love Suns Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a shame the club didn't want to assist with providing an option for the Victorian Sunscreamers, very disappointing. We have worked hard to grow the bay but it looks like we'll be in for another year of challenging seating and ticketing requirements. There was a lot of noise for this option but it's fallen on deaf ears unfortunately. We needed this option to really continue our growth in numbers.

It's a shame the club didn't want to assist with providing an option for the Victorian Sunscreamers, very disappointing. We have worked hard to grow the bay but it looks like we'll be in for another year of challenging seating and ticketing requirements. There was a lot of noise for this option but it's fallen on deaf ears unfortunately. We needed this option to really continue our growth in numbers.
Just wondering, do other interstate clubs have this option? Lions?

I think we need to speak to those members on the Members Council

Winning is the key
Value adding and "gameday experience":sick: do not enter my calculations when I renew

I’m seriously thinking about renewing after sitting out for a couple of years, and getting my old man a ticket as well so I can take him to a few games.

My reasoning is surely with the list we’ve put together now and the younger players getting another preseason into them, we simply must improve again and should be looking 10-12 wins which would be close to finals. My old man thinks we’re not too far away from seeing it click.

If we don’t well at least I’ll be able to vent my displeasure directly rather than through my TV.

I’m seriously thinking about renewing after sitting out for a couple of years, and getting my old man a ticket as well so I can take him to a few games.

My reasoning is surely with the list we’ve put together now and the younger players getting another preseason into them, we simply must improve again and should be looking 10-12 wins which would be close to finals. My old man thinks we’re not too far away from seeing it click.

If we don’t well at least I’ll be able to vent my displeasure directly rather than through my TV.
Your old man is a wise man. We are not far off. I would love to see comments on this forum once we start climbing the ladder.

I couldn't not sign on
We are so lucky to have The Suns
I don't just see it as supporting the Club, but also local footy and the City in general

I couldn't not sign on
We are so lucky to have The Suns
I don't just see it as supporting the Club, but also local footy and the City in general

It’s always been the game for me. Best game in the world and have loved it since I started playing when I was 10 years old. It was only afterwards when I was old enough to understand that I found out my family through my grandad and uncles were actually heavily involved with footy in Queensland from the 1940s that I appreciated it even more.
Growing the game here has always been important to me, especially on the Gold Coast where I first started playing.

The Club's broke
They can't keep giving stuff away I suppose
clubs broke.. members get less and less but membership numbers are on the rise. its gone up 6000+ in the last 2 years. just over 13000 in 2019 to 19,460 (club record) in 2021.

clubs broke.. members get less and less but membership numbers are on the rise. its gone up 6000+ in the last 2 years. just over 13000 in 2019 to 19,460 (club record) in 2021.
AFL distribution to Suns was cut by 10M in 2020.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i guess the AFL cant be propping them up all the time
Plenty of teams are propped up. St. Kilda received just 300K less in 2020. Lions 2M, GWS just 1M less. Suns had easily the largest cut from all clubs (more than 1/3). Even Collingwood received 12.3M vs Suns 17M. Carlton 13.6M, WB 13.9M. At the same time, Suns have to look after Metricon stadium and academy that is spread over 2 states and 1 territory.

Last edited:
Plenty of teams are propped up. St. Kilda received just 300K less in 2020. Lions 2M, GWS just 1M less. Suns had easily the largest cut from all clubs (more than 1/3). Even Collingwood received 12.3M vs Suns 17M. Carlton 13.6M, WB 13.9M. At the same time, Suns have to look after Metricon stadium and academy that is spread over 2 states and 1 territory.
Yep we are one of the only clubs that run the stadium. Other one being Geelong? That always gets swept under the carpet

Few things annoy me with membership, though they are first world problems I guess....

Wish they made bay 227 and 228 for members gold or silver as I reckon thats the best pocket to watch from at Metricon. I have been asking them for 10 years but never happens haha.

I like watching from the Upper Level and the only options is be Gold and get the sun in your face for half the year or sit too far around behind the goals as a Silver member been in (224) for a few years now.

Most members sit up the southern end of the ground as per the map yet the team warms up down the scoreboard end, they should mix it up a bit more.

Few things annoy me with membership, though they are first world problems I guess....

Wish they made bay 227 and 228 for members gold or silver as I reckon thats the best pocket to watch from at Metricon. I have been asking them for 10 years but never happens haha.

I like watching from the Upper Level and the only options is be Gold and get the sun in your face for half the year or sit too far around behind the goals as a Silver member been in (224) for a few years now.

Most members sit up the southern end of the ground as per the map yet the team warms up down the scoreboard end, they should mix it up a bit more.
are you me? i too have been asking about 227/228 for 10 years. and donuts. i just move there after i get up to my seat and will continue to do so.

Haha!!, Yeah i move around occasionally, but its just annoys me that they dont let members sit in one of the best parts of the ground!

Membership is boosted by a heap of junk shoutout memberships.. I’d actually like to see a breakdown of memberships my guess is a lot of memberships would probably be 3 game and junk shoutout memberships

I don’t see the point of doing a membership survey of members and then completely ignoring their wishes!

Yeah,
With so much on, 3 game memberships work really well.
I still think it’s a valuable indicator.
What I’d like to know is number of ‘new’ members. People that have never had an affiliation before the year.
That would give a good indication of the growth of the suns on the Gold Coast and elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back