Universal Love Suns Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering, do other interstate clubs have this option? Lions?

Lions have this package which is the same as our Victorian suns

But also have this package which suns don’t offer

Then they have a $35 membership add on for the cheer squad

I had hoped the club might listen to feedback for us in Vic - but no.
$139 for 2 games (plus 4 others non GCS)
$235 for 4 games (if we get 4) + 7 non-gcs games.

I can get a general admission ticket (and no shortage of them in Melbourne!) for $37 - and pretty much sit where I like except level 2 + MCG members.

So if we get 3 games - $111

How hard is it for GCS to throw together a 3 game package for $120 and if we get 4 then $160.

So $74 vs $139
Or $111 v $235 (or $$148 vs $235 if we get 4)

And the money goes to the club.

Honestly - as some mates tend not to go to games against us, I can usually snag a membership card to get in off one of them, but even if I can't my work has a box at Metricon - and offer free tix - so I'm the only one going to GCS games, so I'd also get freebies there.

I'd like the club to get my money - but why would I want to pay pretty much double GA prices - at best.

If we want more GCS supporters (and there are quite a few 'floating' Vic fans who would like us to win games (especially against their 'rival clubs' - if we beat Essendon - Hawks fans will be happy etc etc) - so make it affordable, and tempting.

And stop advertising membership during the games on TV in Vic - people in Vic who want to watch US, have already found a way to get tix. Advertise in a non-footy timeslot, say when AFL 360 is on - much more effective.

But seriously - $120 for 3 games is fair - plus I'd get the wife one as well. At $235 ($470 for 2) - I'll be bludging tix off mates or work.

I just don't get it.
Pay twice the price to be one of 200 fans in a huge half-empty stadium getting thrashed, and mocked. Err no.

Come on Suns, wake up, and sort it out.

Price it right, and we could have 500 members in Vic - Suns fans, floating fans, and footy tragics who just enjoy seeing a side develop.

Plenty of time - just price it right!

Sorry for the rant guys, but this club shoots itself in the foot so many times.....

I had hoped the club might listen to feedback for us in Vic - but no.
$139 for 2 games (plus 4 others non GCS)
$235 for 4 games (if we get 4) + 7 non-gcs games.

I can get a general admission ticket (and no shortage of them in Melbourne!) for $37 - and pretty much sit where I like except level 2 + MCG members.

So if we get 3 games - $111

How hard is it for GCS to throw together a 3 game package for $120 and if we get 4 then $160.

So $74 vs $139
Or $111 v $235 (or $$148 vs $235 if we get 4)

And the money goes to the club.

Honestly - as some mates tend not to go to games against us, I can usually snag a membership card to get in off one of them, but even if I can't my work has a box at Metricon - and offer free tix - so I'm the only one going to GCS games, so I'd also get freebies there.

I'd like the club to get my money - but why would I want to pay pretty much double GA prices - at best.

If we want more GCS supporters (and there are quite a few 'floating' Vic fans who would like us to win games (especially against their 'rival clubs' - if we beat Essendon - Hawks fans will be happy etc etc) - so make it affordable, and tempting.

And stop advertising membership during the games on TV in Vic - people in Vic who want to watch US, have already found a way to get tix. Advertise in a non-footy timeslot, say when AFL 360 is on - much more effective.

But seriously - $120 for 3 games is fair - plus I'd get the wife one as well. At $235 ($470 for 2) - I'll be bludging tix off mates or work.

I just don't get it.
Pay twice the price to be one of 200 fans in a huge half-empty stadium getting thrashed, and mocked. Err no.

Come on Suns, wake up, and sort it out.

Price it right, and we could have 500 members in Vic - Suns fans, floating fans, and footy tragics who just enjoy seeing a side develop.

Plenty of time - just price it right!

Sorry for the rant guys, but this club shoots itself in the foot so many times.....
Send it to Evans. Let’s see what he has to say. Several years back if I remember correctly, the club mentioned that Victoria memberships are determined by AFL. But then other interstate clubs do have better choices.

i wonder if the two games in a row in the NT are both home, meaning only 9 at Metricon? or 8 if there is 1 also in Cairns?
There won’t be cairns as well if we have two Darwin games. Fixtures will be out soon.

the heat room podcast are revealing some suns fixture news in the morning too

Sorry, off topic but does anyone know if you can change your Username? Had the same for years, feel like an update 🤘🤪

Sorry, off topic but does anyone know if you can change your Username? Had the same for years, feel like an update 🤘🤪

I think you need paid BF membership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

howdy legends
anyone redeemed their membership $ as part of their 2022 membership?
i have $40, and am thinking of getting the $45 members tshirt, but if anyone has redeemed and got anything else and they rate it highly, let me know

I got the shirt, a scarf and a Foundation member badge (had a $60 credit), I never got an email confirmation that this transaction occurred though and they aren't picking up the phone.

What membership do other Victorians have? I currently have just an $80 no game membership and last year had sunscreamer away but 2 away games isn’t enough for the price and Victorian sun I have no need for an extra 7 non suns games at the mcg so curious to see what other people have

What membership do other Victorians have? I currently have just an $80 no game membership and last year had sunscreamer away but 2 away games isn’t enough for the price and Victorian sun I have no need for an extra 7 non suns games at the mcg so curious to see what other people have
I am the same situation. I went with the Victorian Sun this year eventhough I know I won't use the extra non Suns games however, clubs charge through the nose for the extra games I would pay for on top of the 2 to get into the suns cheersquad area. Carlton at Marvel Stadium was going to cost me $40-50 one time a few years ago and that was for one game!

I am the same situation. I went with the Victorian Sun this year eventhough I know I won't use the extra non Suns games however, clubs charge through the nose for the extra games I would pay for on top of the 2 to get into the suns cheersquad area. Carlton at Marvel Stadium was going to cost me $40-50 one time a few years ago and that was for one game!

I thought about getting 2 sunscreamer away memberships but very expensive to do it that way and like your issue with Victorian suns hard to get in mmmmm a seat with the cheersquad

No membership for me 2nd year in a row. Will be at most Vic games though

That’s why I just got the $80 no game one to keep my consecutive years going

ergh. i just had a reminder that i hadnt yet used my eMbeR credit of $40. so i went online to see if i could get a polo. but it didnt come up. so i emailed the eMbeR team to see if they would restock them and they said no, but that the team store has polos but that i cant use my credit at the team store.

wtf SUNS

so i now have $40 to spend on basically pet stuff (i dotn have pets), baby stuff (ditto) and a range of other stuff i have no interest in buying as i either have it already (scarf, hat), or like sticker sheets or a player cape flag.

what a jip

ergh. i just had a reminder that i hadnt yet used my eMbeR credit of $40. so i went online to see if i could get a polo. but it didnt come up. so i emailed the eMbeR team to see if they would restock them and they said no, but that the team store has polos but that i cant use my credit at the team store.

wtf SUNS

so i now have $40 to spend on basically pet stuff (i dotn have pets), baby stuff (ditto) and a range of other stuff i have no interest in buying as i either have it already (scarf, hat), or like sticker sheets or a player cape flag.

what a jip

Yep, I was going to go the polo as well, placed the order, hit enter and then waited...and waited some more. After a few weeks I didn't get a confirmation so had to contact them. They said that there weren't any left (it was available when I selected it) so had to settle for 2 scarves, don't need them and 2 mugs (one arrived broken).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back