2022 Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton as at 12th May ...

16523288051708331730627c8965d3f8d_desktop.png.webp

Great result. Though expected after a flag.
From memory Bulldogs only got around 47k after their flag so 60k is a great result for us considering the decades of mediocrity.

If we can get some sustained success 70-75k (the club's aim is 75k) isn't out of the question. Apparently there's still 12k MCC members who list MFC as their club of support who don't take out the joint membership. MFC needs to figure out how to lure some more of them across, at the moment paying $85 for a scarf and some stickers doesn't really cut it.

I know ‘all clubs do it’ however this Carlton giveaway is all about top line numbers and diminishes the value of the memberships those who pay full tote odds pay. Makes me a bit peeved I’ve always paid 7488D4BB-BACB-4C99-9544-9DA9867500DE.jpeg full price and the laggards get looked after. Desperate tactics that doesn’t reward loyal members.

I know ‘all clubs do it’ however this Carlton giveaway is all about top line numbers and diminishes the value of the memberships those who pay full tote odds pay. Makes me a bit peeved I’ve always paidView attachment 1399486 full price and the laggards get looked after. Desperate tactics that doesn’t reward loyal members.
Melbourne has a 6 games for $66 deal as well at the moment - meanwhile an armchair membership costs $85

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know ‘all clubs do it’ however this Carlton giveaway is all about top line numbers and diminishes the value of the memberships those who pay full tote odds pay. Makes me a bit peeved I’ve always paidView attachment 1399486 full price and the laggards get looked after. Desperate tactics that doesn’t reward loyal members.

Cant say I agree.

While a 3 (+3) game membership might be $99 - a full home GA membership is $220...its $21 under what 6 games is worth anyway in the full GA when ratioed out.

Last edited:
Cant say I agree.

While a 3 (+3) game membership might be $99 - a full home GA membership is $220...its $21 under what 6 games is worth anyway in the full GA when ratioed out.
To be honest, the way Essendon are going they’ll soon propose a buy a 4 game membership for 2022 and get a full season membership for 2023 free! Or maybe bundle with a Kangaroos and Eagles ‘mega membership’ to extract some reasonable value!!

and still worth about not much more in value than the $220 11 game GA membership. Thats my point. People that are paying for the full 11 arent being gipped at all really. Its just the 3 game membership is closer to proportional pricing now it has the bonus 3 attached.
Isn’t the point that the other poster was making is that doubling the games you are entitled to for the same price is a sure way to increase memberships.

Essendon, shitstorm after shitstorm, unbelievable loyalty.

We all knee Essendon have a huge following but surely the loyalty will start to take its toll. After making the finals last year having one of the youngest lists in the competition many experts predicted Essendon to push for top 4! Now they will most certainly finish bottom 4 next year’s membership talley will be very interesting. This year the bombers will reach 80,000 but next year they may just struggle to even reach 75,000. Essendon like Collingwood are very lucky to have a huge and extremely loyal fan base. Collingwood’s membership is at approximately 84,000 which is pretty amazing considering most Collingwood fans expected to finish bottom 4 this year and probably the next 2 to 3 years before we start rising up the ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back