2022 Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
A main board thread for 2022 updates and tracking. Any new club initiatives, overtures, innovations. Good or bad.

Essendon currently tracking at 36,000 and reportedly tracking well with auto renewals currently taking place.

ClubMy seats^GA3-Game
Adelaide$665$275$105
Brisbane$580$199$88
Carlton$750$220$99
Collingwood$880**$210$105*
Essendon$544$235$94*
Fremantle$470$229$75
Geelong$440***$235$90
Gold Coast$549$209$89
Greater Western Sydney$681$315$101
Hawthorn$595$210$105
Melbourne$514$234$112
North Melbourne$635$230$99
Port Adelaide$495$230$100
Richmond$745$220$97
St Kilda$725$230$102
Sydney$670$375$124
West Coast$850**N/A$110
Western Bulldogs$555$285$95
^Or equivilant plus GF Access
*4-game membership
**Higher category to obtain GF tickets
***Lower category due to weird GF gurantees

Last edited:
ClubMy seats^GA3-Game
Adelaide$665$275$105
BrisbaneTBDTBDTBD
Carlton$750$220$99
Essendon$544$235$94*
Fremantle$470$229$75
Geelong$440***$235$90
Gold Coast$549$209$89
Hawthorn$595$210$105
Melbourne$514$234$112
Richmond$745$220$97
St Kilda$725$230$102
Sydney$670$375$124
West Coast$850**N/A$110
*4-game membership
Lots of different packages at varying levels. I suspect overall membership will grow in 2022, perhaps with potentially less games attached to packages with potentially lingering pandemic or changed habits.

Total revenue from membership may come under some pressure from lower yields. However I’m sure clubs would have projected this into their budgets when reviewing post season membership feedback and review processes.

Lots of different packages at varying levels. I suspect overall membership will grow in 2022, perhaps with potentially less games attached to packages with potentially lingering pandemic or changed habits.

Total revenue from membership may come under some pressure from lower yields. However I’m sure clubs would have projected this into their budgets when reviewing post season membership feedback and review processes.

Seated memberships are the big earner ($s).

A 15,000 drop is generous, the HFC membership have been apologists for far too long

Kennett needs to go and we need meaningful change or there will be a revolt at the AGM
That’s a real concern. I’d expected a decline in 2022 however was thinking it would land in the low 70’s. A figure below 70,000 would possibly see Geelong and even possibly Melbourne go past the Hawks, placing the Hawks around 8th in the comp.

There was always going to be a cooling on membership from Premiership highs as the Hawks gradually fell out of contention. The mishandling of Clarkson and a perception the trade period was botched add to supporter concerns around 2022-2024 prospects. This is apparently now being franked into the clubs membership figures.

I posted on the Hawks forum that I believe the Kennett leadership has become divisive for the club. Kennett has become too powerful and the club is not functioning well. PS, I also think the CEO is a pretty ordinary operator FWIW too… I think the supporter base is having its rightful day where it counts most!

That’s a real concern. I’d expected a decline in 2022 however was thinking it would land in the low 70’s. A figure below 70,000 would possibly see Geelong and even possibly Melbourne go past the Hawks, placing the Hawks around 8th in the comp.

There was always going to be a cooling on membership from Premiership highs as the Hawks gradually fell out of contention. The mishandling of Clarkson and a perception the trade period was botched add to supporter concerns around 2022-2024 prospects. This is apparently now being franked into the clubs membership figures.

I posted on the Hawks forum that I believe the Kennett leadership has become divisive for the club. Kennett has become too powerful and the club is not functioning well. PS, I also think the CEO is a pretty ordinary operator FWIW too… I think the supporter base is having its rightful day where it counts most!
Yep, I posted similar sentiments on the Hawks forum before being censored.
The membership drop can't all be put down to Kennett mind you but even some of his most ardent supporters now [ and I do have a fanatical Hawker who has always backed him] would say 'time's up.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I posted similar sentiments on the Hawks forum before being censored.
The membership drop can't all be put down to Kennett mind you but even some of his most ardent supporters now [ and I do have a fanatical Hawker who has always backed him] would say 'time's up.'

The hand over to Silk needs to be accelerated, the announcement that Kennett may handover before the end of next season alone does not cut the mustard.

I have never seen such a large disconnect between administration and membership (at least at Hawthorn) as currently

ClubMy seats^GA3-Game
Adelaide$665$275$105
Brisbane$580$199$88
Carlton$750$220$99
Essendon$544$235$94*
Fremantle$470$229$75
Geelong$440***$235$90
Gold Coast$549$209$89
Hawthorn$595$210$105
Melbourne$514$234$112
Richmond$745$220$97
St Kilda$725$230$102
Sydney$670$375$124
West Coast$850**N/A$110
*4-game membership
Essendon appears to offer very good value for their reserved seats compared to other big Victorian clubs. I would have thought theirs would have been one of the most expensive considering they are predominantly at Marvel stadium and a big Victorian club.

The hand over to Silk needs to be accelerated, the announcement that Kennett may handover before the end of next season alone does not cut the mustard.

I have never seen such a large disconnect between administration and membership (at least at Hawthorn) as currently
I agree. It’s dry un Hawthorn like isn’t it. I still can’t understand why they still play home games in Tassie.. Hawthirn should be playing at least 7 home games at the MCG with remaining games at Marvel. Both Hawthirn and Essendon made critical errors with respect to its home games with hindsight.

I suspect both clubs will be playing a few more games at the MCG in due course.

In the meantime the Hawks need to cobble on as best as possible the next year or two. It’s hard not to look at them and think they’re drifting into that nasty world of being a middling club on field for the first table future. It will take good management to avoid this abyss. And to keep membership above the important 70,000 mark too..

I wont be a member again until Kennett is gone.

I could stay a member and vote him out but for some reason we dont have elections.

Essendon appears to offer very good value for their reserved seats compared to other big Victorian clubs. I would have thought theirs would have been one of the most expensive considering they are predominantly at Marvel stadium and a big Victorian club.
That cost for Essendon is for their Silver reserved seat packages.

Their top tier reserved seat package is called ‘High Mark’ reserved seat membership. This costs $844 per package with seats located on level 2 at Marvel / MCG. That table is very selective.

Well that disconnect has not been seen for at a least a quarter of a century ,since the Ian Dicker/Melbourne merge situation.
Dave10 mentions un-Hawthorn like which my Hawker mates have used repeatedly the last 3 months.

They will need good management to avoid that middling treading water club situation which has beset many clubs like my Saints. :mad:
And as most[ if not all] Hawkers have reached the conclusion, the first step in the right direction is removing Kennett ASAP.

Well that disconnect has not been seen for at a least a quarter of a century ,since the Ian Dicker/Melbourne merge situation.
Dave10 mentions un-Hawthorn like which my Hawker mates have used repeatedly the last 3 months.

They will need good management to avoid that middling treading water club situation which has beset many clubs like my Saints. :mad:
And as most[ if not all] Hawkers have reached the conclusion, the first step in the right direction is removing Kennett ASAP.

I'd say its the only thing Hawks fans agree on :)

Their top tier reserved seat package is called ‘High Mark’ reserved seat membership. This costs $844 per package with seats located on level 2 at Marvel / MCG. That table is very selective.
I am looking through now double checking some stuff, but my totals do seem off.
I know why Essendon is lower (I selected a lower level of membership and used the GF access add on) to get as close to my seats as possible.
However, looking at other clubs (ie. Geelong) I am now finding details which get me closer to what I want (Guess I just couldn't find it then) and this brings me up higher ($505 for seat for Geelong games + $205 GF access + $90 for 3 game membership for Melbourne games = $800)

fwiw - Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood and North Melbourne membership pages game me a headache throughout figuring it out. Collingwood/North Melbourne were more it issues. But Geelong/Sydney were just hard to bloody navigate.

I might go through in more detail tonight and double check everyone
I was checking their websites 2-4 times a week for a month there waiting for everything to go up. (when the Crows did theirs I checked and only 3-5 clubs were set for 2022 at that point - Whereas Brisbane was the last club to put their membership details up on the day this thread was created)
So when I did check it may have still been a work in progress.

The table is about as helpful as membership numbers. Every club has multiple packages and seat levels and it seems they aren't even the same category between clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back