Resource 2022 Membership - 63,240 as at August 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I asked about this when renewing this week, and was told that members would get an email separately advising of the options and process for this.

Was also assured Russ would be an option.
I wonder if they can get it right this time... On my family membership 3 out of the 4 were wrong. 🙄

Club has emailed with regards to selection of membership cards. Unfortunately, Russell isn't an option - it's limited to current players this year.

You can choose Amon, Aliir, Bergman, Boak, Butters, Drew, Duursma, Georgiades, Gray, Houston, Jonas, Rozee or Wines. If you don't make a selection you'll get the default generic one with the awful "The Future is Ours" tagline.

Alternatively you can elect to go digital - if you do this the Club will send you a $25 Port Shop voucher.

It seems that once again, if you do this online there are complications - you can only choose your card (not others associated with your account) and if you go digital I believe you must do this for all memberships in your account. The membership website helpfully suggests you ring or email the Club if you want a different combination. So much for technology assisting in keeping costs down ...

PBs are getting photo shopped out of our history systematically o_O:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Yeah, club just hopes it goes away, doesn’t want to rock the boat. Do that and they might end up with something like 4 years away round 1 🤪

After just saying goodbye to our most famous wearer of the black & white, how easy it would have been to have our new recruits photographed in the PB’s in front of pictures of our old sides. Of course our tone deaf admin, as usual, miss the chance.

First year since 2007 I haven’t renewed.

Covid making it so I’ve missed so many games or been moved to s**t seats, pain in the arse ticketing system etc. added to the lack of fight for the PB’s means I’ll pay per game.

My cost per game over the past two seasons has been around 400 dollars for the tix I’ve had (without counting the cost of away games or transport etc). I’ll probably still get to every game, but it’ll be on my terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First year since 2007 I haven’t renewed.

Covid making it so I’ve missed so many games or been moved to sh*t seats, pain in the arse ticketing system etc. added to the lack of fight for the PB’s means I’ll pay per game.

My cost per game over the past two seasons has been around 400 dollars for the tix I’ve had (without counting the cost of away games or transport etc). I’ll probably still get to every game, but it’ll be on my terms.

Yep. Except I probably will just watch games on TV when I feel like it. Strange to think it's gone from every home game without fail, rain, hail or shine to nah * it in the space of a decade, even though our performances are generally 'better'. Having said that, I guess my life has gotten alot busier in that time so decisions on what takes up time are made very carefully.

The whole thing feels very ho-hum and manufactured these days. The whole game is.

Yep. Except I probably will just watch games on TV when I feel like it. Strange to think it's gone from every home game without fail, rain, hail or shine to nah fu** it in the space of a decade, even though our performances are generally 'better'. Having said that, I guess my life has gotten alot busier in that time so decisions on what takes up time are made very carefully.

The whole thing feels very ho-hum and manufactured these days. The whole game is.
Ironically I‘m looking forward to the AFLW as it doesn’t seem as pre planned and manufactured for financial gains (the ironic bit).

Last edited:
Yep. Except I probably will just watch games on TV when I feel like it. Strange to think it's gone from every home game without fail, rain, hail or shine to nah fu** it in the space of a decade, even though our performances are generally 'better'. Having said that, I guess my life has gotten alot busier in that time so decisions on what takes up time are made very carefully.

Can I buy a magpies membership with Butcher on the card?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back