Remove this Banner Ad

dlanod

Sep 14, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS; CCMariners; NQCowboys; Ravens
Yep, the only family member or close friend who is currently not vaccinated is my 11 year old granddaughter, I do not want her vaccinated if the reason is to protect my 62 year old body, my 82 year old mum says the same thing. We can take precautions if we are worried... which I am most certainly not.
Ours are getting vaccinated, not out of any deep seated desire to protect family members but rather to protect the kids. COVID is generally less problematic in kids but there are still examples of kids getting very sick from it. Many more than cases of people having issues with these vaccines. If we can protect them, why shouldn't we? But that's just our logic.

dlanod

Sep 14, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
By February 2022 most children ages 5-12 will be double vaccinated so that should change things considerably
They won't be. It's an eight week gap between doses for kids, not the three week for the rest of us.

Section 5

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They won't be. It's an eight week gap between doses for kids, not the three week for the rest of us.
Okay thanks for that
I knew the dosage was reduced for that age group but was not aware of the 8 week gap

dlanod

Sep 14, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Okay thanks for that
I knew the dosage was reduced for that age group but was not aware of the 8 week gap
I admit I only found out about it when looking at booking our girls in. I was surprised - I'd been hoping to get them complete before school started.

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
Dec 30, 2008
in front of the telly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday SeaEagles
No sticker on my car this year. f*n paddlepop.

Thanx to LionsMaw I went one better. No paddlepop on my wheels :thumbsu:

IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
So we can redeem our lions shop voucher for effectively a cap which says ‘member’ and a lanyard which says ‘lanyard’? Anyone know if one or both say the level of membership (e.g platinum), or we all considered just a ‘member’ with only a little badge acknowledging how long you’ve financially supported the club?

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
9yo got his 10 years Hawks membership pack today (don’t @ me why he’s a Hawk, not a Lion). Got a Hawks mini sherrin, a ‘Dunstsll club 10 year member’ membership card*, and a lanyard with ‘10 year member’ on it.

* membership card can’t be used to get into games but can be attached to the Lanyard.

Plenty better than the kids Lions pack.

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
9yo got his 10 years Hawks membership pack today (don’t @ me why he’s a Hawk, not a Lion). Got a Hawks mini sherrin, a ‘Dunstsll club 10 year member’ membership card*, and a lanyard with ‘10 year member’ on it.

* membership card can’t be used to get into games but can be attached to the Lanyard.

Plenty better than the kids Lions pack.

Jeeze all I got was a pin for my ten year membership pack 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dizzle

As seen on the internet
Jun 6, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jeeze all I got was a pin for my ten year membership pack 😂

We got the 'phone holder' sticky tab thing, which my son instantly and excitedly put on his phone. He took it off 5 mins later to reposition and ripped the Steph Curry picture that was on the phone cover clean off.

It wasn't an expensive thing but it was one of the first things he ordered himself with his own money. Took weeks to arrive and was placed with pride on his new phone that he got for Christmas. A couple weeks later and it's ruined and can't be fixed. Tears galore.

I guess it is what happens when 'cheap meets cheap'. I wish the Lions put some form of 'Careful! This eats most ebay bought phone covers' with the doo-hickey.

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We got the 'phone holder' sticky tab thing, which my son instantly and excitedly put on his phone. He took it off 5 mins later to reposition and ripped the Steph Curry picture that was on the phone cover clean off.

It wasn't an expensive thing but it was one of the first things he ordered himself with his own money. Took weeks to arrive and was placed with pride on his new phone that he got for Christmas. A couple weeks later and it's ruined and can't be fixed. Tears galore.

I guess it is what happens when 'cheap meets cheap'. I wish the Lions put some form of 'Careful! This eats most ebay bought phone covers' with the doo-hickey.

Wait, THAT'S what that thing was?

I'm so out of the loop lol.

irel

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2003
WA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wait, THAT'S what that thing was?

I'm so out of the loop lol.
Yeah, sat on the bench for weeks trying to figure what the friiggin was that doovalacky. My 17 year old grandson showed me what it was for and how it works. Useless piece of junk that will in due course find it’s way in the trash bin. No doubt twenty years latter it will emerge as a collectors item worth a fortune.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad