2022 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the only family member or close friend who is currently not vaccinated is my 11 year old granddaughter, I do not want her vaccinated if the reason is to protect my 62 year old body, my 82 year old mum says the same thing. We can take precautions if we are worried... which I am most certainly not.
Ours are getting vaccinated, not out of any deep seated desire to protect family members but rather to protect the kids. COVID is generally less problematic in kids but there are still examples of kids getting very sick from it. Many more than cases of people having issues with these vaccines. If we can protect them, why shouldn't we? But that's just our logic.

By February 2022 most children ages 5-12 will be double vaccinated so that should change things considerably
They won't be. It's an eight week gap between doses for kids, not the three week for the rest of us.

Okay thanks for that
I knew the dosage was reduced for that age group but was not aware of the 8 week gap
I admit I only found out about it when looking at booking our girls in. I was surprised - I'd been hoping to get them complete before school started.

No sticker on my car this year. f*n paddlepop.

Thanx to LionsMaw I went one better. No paddlepop on my wheels :thumbsu:

IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
So we can redeem our lions shop voucher for effectively a cap which says ‘member’ and a lanyard which says ‘lanyard’? Anyone know if one or both say the level of membership (e.g platinum), or we all considered just a ‘member’ with only a little badge acknowledging how long you’ve financially supported the club?

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
9yo got his 10 years Hawks membership pack today (don’t @ me why he’s a Hawk, not a Lion). Got a Hawks mini sherrin, a ‘Dunstsll club 10 year member’ membership card*, and a lanyard with ‘10 year member’ on it.

* membership card can’t be used to get into games but can be attached to the Lanyard.

Plenty better than the kids Lions pack.

9yo got his 10 years Hawks membership pack today (don’t @ me why he’s a Hawk, not a Lion). Got a Hawks mini sherrin, a ‘Dunstsll club 10 year member’ membership card*, and a lanyard with ‘10 year member’ on it.

* membership card can’t be used to get into games but can be attached to the Lanyard.

Plenty better than the kids Lions pack.

Jeeze all I got was a pin for my ten year membership pack 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeeze all I got was a pin for my ten year membership pack 😂

We got the 'phone holder' sticky tab thing, which my son instantly and excitedly put on his phone. He took it off 5 mins later to reposition and ripped the Steph Curry picture that was on the phone cover clean off.

It wasn't an expensive thing but it was one of the first things he ordered himself with his own money. Took weeks to arrive and was placed with pride on his new phone that he got for Christmas. A couple weeks later and it's ruined and can't be fixed. Tears galore.

I guess it is what happens when 'cheap meets cheap'. I wish the Lions put some form of 'Careful! This eats most ebay bought phone covers' with the doo-hickey.

We got the 'phone holder' sticky tab thing, which my son instantly and excitedly put on his phone. He took it off 5 mins later to reposition and ripped the Steph Curry picture that was on the phone cover clean off.

It wasn't an expensive thing but it was one of the first things he ordered himself with his own money. Took weeks to arrive and was placed with pride on his new phone that he got for Christmas. A couple weeks later and it's ruined and can't be fixed. Tears galore.

I guess it is what happens when 'cheap meets cheap'. I wish the Lions put some form of 'Careful! This eats most ebay bought phone covers' with the doo-hickey.

Wait, THAT'S what that thing was?

I'm so out of the loop lol.

Wait, THAT'S what that thing was?

I'm so out of the loop lol.
Yeah, sat on the bench for weeks trying to figure what the friiggin was that doovalacky. My 17 year old grandson showed me what it was for and how it works. Useless piece of junk that will in due course find it’s way in the trash bin. No doubt twenty years latter it will emerge as a collectors item worth a fortune.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone have an update on m'ship numbers?
No idea.
They stopped putting the current tally up on the membership site.
For one it used to be interesting watching it increase over the last five years and I found it interesting comparing the tally's at say different stages of the off season and it would give you an indication of what we would finish with.
No idea why they wouldn't want to show numbers,:huh:
The last two years have been hard to gauge.
We hit the 40,000 last year but how many memberships were there where game day tickets were involved ?.
And how many late membership were generated only because people wanted finals ticket prioriy?
Get the home ground pumping at 30 G every time , now that would be awesome.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Email from the club
Must be fully vaccinated to attend games
I imagine that means 2 shots as 3 shots i believe is now called "up to date"

Member, just under a month to go! Get ready for mud, sweat and cheers as we go All In for Season ‘22. Start prepping now for your weekends at the Gabba:

COVID-19 INFORMATION​

The AFL are working in line with the current health advice and Government measures in place to assist in keeping our matches as safe as possible. When attending this event, we require you to follow all COVID safety advice.

All patrons (over the age of 16) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend matches at the Gabba.

If at the time of the match, either you, or any other members of your group are feeling unwell or are subject to a self-quarantine or self-isolation period, you agree not to attend the event. All attendees must Check In upon arrival using the Check In QLD app.

The Gabba’s COVID Safe plan no longer requires the use of zones. However, where possible we request you to enter via the gate listed on your ticket.

MOBILE TICKETING​

Ticketing is once again digital for the 2022 season. Simply download the Official Brisbane Lions Club App to have your game access at your fingertips.

Your tickets will be available 72 hours prior to each home game in your Brisbane Lions app. Access them by downloading the app, selecting the Game Day button at the bottom of your screen and logging in with your MyLions account details.  

Need more help? View a step-by-step guide here.

GUEST PASSES​

Members with Premium Reserved Seat Season memberships and/or a September Member Upgrade receive 2x complimentary guest tickets for use at selected matches*. These can be redeemed through your myLions account.
*Complimentary tickets are not available for R5 v Collingwood, R17 v Essendon and R21 v Carlton.

Season reserved seat members can purchase discounted tickets for friends and family. In 2022, the fixture will be confirmed in blocks with matches going on sale at staggered times. As details are confirmed we will update the Member Ticketing Hub here. We will also email you as onsales are confirmed.​

CELEBRATING SOMETHING SPECIAL?​

We would love to take your game day to the next level. Experience premium spaces like the Verandah, GG & Area VIP. To find out how to go ALL IN for your next celebration, get in touch with us.​

INTERSTATE TRAVEL​

Keen to catch the Lions away from home this season? For selected interstate games (excluding Marvel Stadium and the MCG), members can purchase tickets in a dedicated Lions member area. If you are planning on travelling, please view our Interstate Games page for further information regarding ticket pre-sales.​

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
I got a similar but slightly different email, as a Vic member:

TICKETING INFORMATION
MARVEL STADIUM & THE MCG
In 2022, Brisbane Lions Victorian season members will no longer need to redeem a ticket in advance of matches at Marvel Stadium & the MCG. Your ticket for each match, will be available in your Brisbane Lions App 72 hours prior to the game commencing. Access your ticket(s) by downloading the App, selecting the Game Day button at the bottom of your screen and logging in with your MyLions account details. Ticketing information for each match is available on the Member Ticketing hub here and will be emailed to you. You can choose to upgrade to a reserved seat at a discounted rate ahead of the game via the ticketing agent.

THE GABBA
Victorian members have access up to 5 Brisbane Lions home games at the Gabba. Your general admission ticket for each match will be available 72 hours prior to each home game in your Brisbane Lions app. Members can also upgrade to a discounted reserved seat via Ticketmaster and we recommend this for blockbuster matches (R5 v Collingwood, R17 v Essendon, R21 v Carlton)

ROUND 4 GEELONG CATS v BRISBANE LIONS
The Brisbane Lions will be offering current Traditional Victorian & Victorian Plus members a special ticket discount for our Away game at GMHBA against the Cats in Round 4 of the Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Further information will be sent ahead of the ticket on sale with details of the ticket offer and how to purchase.

MOBILE TICKETING
Ticketing is once again digital for the 2022 season. Simply download the Official Brisbane Lions Club App to have your game access at your fingertips.

Your tickets will be available 72 hours prior to each home game in your Brisbane Lions app. Access them by downloading the app, selecting the Game Day button at the bottom of your screen and logging in with your MyLions account details.  

Need more help? View a step-by-step guide here.

CELEBRATING SOMETHING SPECIAL?
We would love to take your game day to the next level. Experience premium spaces like the Verandah, GG & Area VIP. To find out how to go ALL IN for your next celebration, get in touch with us.

INTERSTATE TRAVEL
Keen to catch the Lions away from home this season? For selected interstate games (excluding Marvel Stadium and the MCG), members can purchase tickets in a dedicated Lions member area. If you are planning on travelling, please view our Interstate Games page for further information regarding ticket pre-sales.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
List on the paper today totals

AFL 2022 PRE-SEASON MEMBERSHIP LADDER​

Richmond 84,948
Collingwood 70,000
Carlton 67,928
Essendon 60,678
Hawthorn 60,100
Port Adelaide 52,164
Geelong 49,055
St Kilda 43,500
Melbourne 43,000
Adelaide 40,000 +
Fremantle 40,000
Western Bulldogs 38,824
North Melbourne 38,756
Sydney Swans 35,722
Brisbane Lions 29,318
GWS Giants 25,094
Gold Coast 8,721
**West Coast declined to provide current membership total

List on the paper today totals

AFL 2022 PRE-SEASON MEMBERSHIP LADDER​

Richmond 84,948
Collingwood 70,000
Carlton 67,928
Essendon 60,678
Hawthorn 60,100
Port Adelaide 52,164
Geelong 49,055
St Kilda 43,500
Melbourne 43,000
Adelaide 40,000 +
Fremantle 40,000
Western Bulldogs 38,824
North Melbourne 38,756
Sydney Swans 35,722
Brisbane Lions 29,318
GWS Giants 25,094
Gold Coast 8,721
**West Coast declined to provide current membership total
Reasonable figures before the start of the season.
Would be a minor miracle for them to get to 50k though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back