2022 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Mentioned it earlier in the thread - the staff member I spoke to earlier in the week said they were expecting 35k.

If 35k is the 'stretch' then 30+ sounds realistic and if so is a huge crowd for a Port game. We got 30k to the 2019 final against GWS, so it's seriously impressive if we do.
What may be helping the round 1 game crowd wise, is the timeslot
Usually timeslots cater to Melbourne AEDT but 7.10 PM is a nice change for Brisbane.
During daylight saving we usually get a 6.10 PM or 6.40 PM start time for evening games on a Saturday
Hopefully we do get a 35K crowd and then maybe the AFL will have to keep that timeslot in future

Just a question I have vic membership and want to take some non member friends. Is there a way to sit together or do I just take a chance there is a spare seat where they buy tickets? Thank you.

Just a question I have vic membership and want to take some non member friends. Is there a way to sit together or do I just take a chance there is a spare seat where they buy tickets? Thank you.
As far as i have heard people can sit anywhere no matter what is on your ticket.
Let me give an example. We have 3 memberships , 2 adults and 1 youth. On our Brisbane lions app for the upcoming Essendon game it has our 2 adults allocated sitting next to each other and it has our youth ticket sitting nowhere near us. When we have queried this that we are not sitting next to each other we have been told the general admission can sit anywhere on level 3. If anyone has something different will be great to hear but we are just sitting anywhere on level 3 altogether no matter what our seats say which we have been advised.

As far as i have heard people can sit anywhere no matter what is on your ticket.
Let me give an example. We have 3 memberships , 2 adults and 1 youth. On our Brisbane lions app for the upcoming Essendon game it has our 2 adults allocated sitting next to each other and it has our youth ticket sitting nowhere near us. When we have queried this that we are not sitting next to each other we have been told the general admission can sit anywhere on level 3. If anyone has something different will be great to hear but we are just sitting anywhere on level 3 altogether no matter what our seats say which we have been advised.

My app gives me/shows my seat as section GA14 row GA3 and my seat number. Not sure where that is - no doubt higher up than lower down on level 3. I notice general public / non members can buy tickets now - would be filthy if they can buy tickets/seats lower down in level 3 than members.

Just a question I have vic membership and want to take some non member friends. Is there a way to sit together or do I just take a chance there is a spare seat where they buy tickets? Thank you

FYI for Vic members - members presale for away tickets for Round 4 down in geelong is occurring right now. I'll be risking the general public on-sale which opens at 2pm as its one ticket per member barcode and I have a few mates who want to come who aren't vic members.

No idea if they will sell out - hard to think that it will due to covid crowds, but it is the first game in geelong for them this year.

FYI for Vic members - members presale for away tickets for Round 4 down in geelong is occurring right now. I'll be risking the general public on-sale which opens at 2pm as its one ticket per member barcode and I have a few mates who want to come who aren't vic members.

No idea if they will sell out - hard to think that it will due to covid crowds, but it is the first game in geelong for them this year.

I got tickets in the public sale! Just need to find a way to get to Geelong now

I got tickets in the public sale! Just need to find a way to get to Geelong now
I did the same, paid a bit extra to sit on an upper level after it pouring on us last year. God what a terrible game of footy to go to that was.

I recommend getting the train and staying the night if you can get out of work a little early friday - saves the stress of driving down the highway and trying to find a good spot to park.

I did the same, paid a bit extra to sit on an upper level after it pouring on us last year. God what a terrible game of footy to go to that was.

I recommend getting the train and staying the night if you can get out of work a little early friday - saves the stress of driving down the highway and trying to find a good spot to park.

Coming from Brisbane and got accommodation near the city so will probably come back. I was thinking a hire care because for a family of four it might be cheaper than the train? Don't know how easy it is to park in Geelong though.

Coming from Brisbane and got accommodation near the city so will probably come back. I was thinking a hire care because for a family of four it might be cheaper than the train? Don't know how easy it is to park in Geelong though.

The train wasn't super expensive but I don't know about getting one back after the game - definitely go hire care if you've got the family to get back.

Got my seat today in bay 11 which is meant to be part of the lions allocation. Going solo so training it down and back - they normally have some extra trains coming back from south Geelong but don’t expect to get home until we’ll after midnight - so should be an adventure!

train is normally around $26 return I think

We parked near where our friends wanted to eat then we all walked about 20 mins to the ground.
7:50pm a lot of street parking.
Go early lots to do around Geelong or drive down the coast or bay.
We did a day trip Portarlington, East Geelong walk then city before hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We parked near where our friends wanted to eat then we all walked about 20 mins to the ground.
7:50pm a lot of street parking.
Go early lots to do around Geelong or drive down the coast or bay.
We did a day trip Portarlington, East Geelong walk then city before hand
Post-match victory session at Lambys is always a joy.

Got my seat today in bay 11 which is meant to be part of the lions allocation. Going solo so training it down and back - they normally have some extra trains coming back from south Geelong but don’t expect to get home until we’ll after midnight - so should be an adventure!

train is normally around $26 return I think
Hopefully a happy adventure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back