Memberships 2022 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

Really disappointed with the membership department. I am a 20 year consecutive member and received a 10 year pin and a 15 year pin before was hopeful of a 20 year pin this year.
But no, so I sent an email to the membership department asking why, they replied that after a survey or two members said they didn’t want them anymore, yeah sure.
I sent another email saying I was disappointed and can I buy one and got no reply and that was over a week ago.

Last edited:
No bloody lanyard with the Membership Card!!!
No fridge magnet either. C’arn!
I know you guys are joking but we are getting less and less every year. I really enjoyed the inside Carlton magazine but that too is gone.

They got us by the balls (maybe not you MrsEddieBetts😜) because they know we will just keep paying because we love the club, but how much more can they drop from the package before we start get shitty?

I know you guys are joking but we are getting less and less every year. I really enjoyed the inside Carlton magazine but that too is gone.

They got us by the balls because they know we will just keep paying because we love the club, but how much more can they drop from the package before we start get shitty?
Yep less and less every year but this year the worst.
I used to get a awesome looking pin with years of membership written on it and it made me proud....

Now I have 18 years continuous membership written on the card...and not even a lanyard to put it in...

And I chose a hat....but have to pay $10 freight to get it....

Poor form.....poor form....

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

They got us by the balls (maybe not you MrsEddieBetts😜) because they know we will just keep paying because we love the club, but how much more can they drop from the package before we start get shitty?
I genuinely agree. The perceived value for money is in the toilet!

Yep less and less every year but this year the worst.
I used to get a awesome looking pin with years of membership written on it and it made me proud....

Now I have 18 years continuous membership written on the card...and not even a lanyard to put it in...

And I chose a hat....but have to pay $10 freight to get it....

Poor form.....poor form....

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have legends lounge tickets? Are the events and seated areas decent or is it not worth it?
I do,my reserved seats are really great,second level on the 50 metre mark at the G. Easy access to the bar and room where they have a player give a talk each home round etc.
Second level at Marvel around the 50 metre mark aswell. I think its well worth it,in my opinion.

Anyone have legends lounge tickets? Are the events and seated areas decent or is it not worth it?
It really depends on what you're after from your match-day experience. I have them and think they're worth the coin personally but they are expensive. A reserved seat in prime position is important to me so i'm already paying a bit and this extra element I've really enjoyed so am happy to pay.

I enjoy having the choice of rocking up as the game starts or getting to the game an hour before to have a drink in the bar with a mate or sometimes even on my own. They usually interview a current or past player which is always enjoyable so even if you're alone you've still got something to focus on. There's full strength beer in these sections too which is always good! I've been to a couple of the functions and the first one was brilliant a couple of years ago but haven't been to one recently.

Come match time you can even watch the games from in here if you get a spot close to the window early enough. Comes in handy when its super cold or you just want to be closer to cold beers! Usually spots at Marvel but harder at the G as the rooms are smaller. At Marvel the rooms are much much bigger and better and i've watched a few games with young kids in there. They get to run around while you watch the game which is a bit easier for you to focus on the game. They often have the TV sound playing too so you get commentary as well in the background. Plus food is brought to you and you can have a meal if you want. Much easier if you're entertaining a guest in here and you want to talk rather than being out amongst it.

So in summary, if you like making a day of it then you'll enjoy it and it provides more flexibility on how you watch it.

I do,my reserved seats are really great,second level on the 50 metre mark at the G. Easy access to the bar and room where they have a player give a talk each home round etc.
Second level at Marvel around the 50 metre mark aswell. I think its well worth it,in my opinion.
Sounds like i'm not far from you at both grounds!

Thanks for reply. What is the quality of the food?

It really depends on what you're after from your match-day experience. I have them and think they're worth the coin personally but they are expensive. A reserved seat in prime position is important to me so i'm already paying a bit and this extra element I've really enjoyed so am happy to pay.

I enjoy having the choice of rocking up as the game starts or getting to the game an hour before to have a drink in the bar with a mate or sometimes even on my own. They usually interview a current or past player which is always enjoyable so even if you're alone you've still got something to focus on. There's full strength beer in these sections too which is always good! I've been to a couple of the functions and the first one was brilliant a couple of years ago but haven't been to one recently.

Come match time you can even watch the games from in here if you get a spot close to the window early enough. Comes in handy when its super cold or you just want to be closer to cold beers! Usually spots at Marvel but harder at the G as the rooms are smaller. At Marvel the rooms are much much bigger and better and i've watched a few games with young kids in there. They get to run around while you watch the game which is a bit easier for you to focus on the game. They often have the TV sound playing too so you get commentary as well in the background. Plus food is brought to you and you can have a meal if you want. Much easier if you're entertaining a guest in here and you want to talk rather than being out amongst it.

So in summary, if you like making a day of it then you'll enjoy it and it provides more flexibility on how you watch it.

Thanks for reply. Fantastic info. It's really not too much more than paying for gold reserve each week.

I'm only back in Melbourne for the year and might get my MCC membership (will be close). Would like to take my mum and sister to these events, so will probably pick up two tickets.

Are the meals proper sit down options? Decent wine list?

Thanks for reply. Fantastic info. It's really not too much more than paying for gold reserve each week.

I'm only back in Melbourne for the year and might get my MCC membership (will be close). Would like to take my mum and sister to these events, so will probably pick up two tickets.

Haven't looked at the wine list but you can get proper meals in the dining rooms. Just need to get there early enough for a spot at a table. They are usually big 5-10 seaters that people all share. The food I'd say is most like a simple pub food menu so it's nothing too special but handy if you forgot lunch. No idea if the menu will change for next year tho

The seats we have on level two are great. Should have upgraded years ago. Level one seats are always freezing. Don't have that problem in level two. Much more protected.

Also close to the members rooms we have and the view is much better than level one too.

Only thing I miss is the families that used to sit near us who we'd see every week (ish) for years.

Haven't looked at the wine list but you can get proper meals in the dining rooms. Just need to get there early enough for a spot at a table. They are usually big 5-10 seaters that people all share. The food I'd say is most like a simple pub food menu so it's nothing too special but handy if you forgot lunch. No idea if the menu will change for next year tho
Thanks again. Will pull the trigger I think. Only 1 year in Melbourne

47FA2159-2CD0-410F-86F9-97FD82E478CC.jpeg

Really disappointed with the membership department. I am a 20 year consecutive member and received a 10 year pin and a 15 year pin before was hopeful of a 20 year pin this year.
But no, so I sent an email to the membership department asking why, they replied that after a survey or two members said they didn’t want them anymore, yeah sure.
I sent another email saying I was disappointed and can I buy one and got no reply and that was over a week ago.
Update, Sophie from Carlton Membership sent me a 20 year membership pin and was very helpful.

The 20 year badge arrived yesterday with the pin broken off the back.

My typical Carlton experience, Carlton do try hard but in the end leave me frustrated with another fail 😀.

can be just a matter of bad luck sometimes, bb - each pin is made from different materials depending on how many years you have been signed up

1 year - paper
5 year - tin
10 year - wood
15 year - steel
20 year - honeycomb
30 year - cement
40 year - silver
50 year - gold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back