2022 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Please merge with another memberships thread if need be.

We received our memberships today. Social club and reserved seat home game membership sent separately. There were separate membership tickets in each envelope. A bit weird. Neither one says social club ticket. One says 'Member Type Silver 9' and the other says "Member Type Silver Member". There are no bar codes any longer, there are QR codes - miniscule ones at that, so I hope that's not a pain to scan. No seat allocation indicated either, so I don't know what's going on there.

Anyway, would like to hear others stories/explanations.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

We received our memberships today. Social club and reserved seat home game membership sent separately. There were separate membership tickets in each envelope. A bit weird. Neither one says social club ticket. One says 'Member Type Silver 9' and the other says "Member Type Silver Member". There are no bar codes any longer, there are QR codes - miniscule ones at that, so I hope that's not a pain to scan. No seat allocation indicated either, so I don't know what's going on there.

The social club thing is confusing me. I’ve not received a second delivery for it just a sow on badge and pin badge in my membership pack.

For what it is worth our tally is at 37,888, but I reckon thats lagging behind a bit in terms of updating.

Yeah, no barcode on mine either. Just assumed it was a covid thing still forced on.

The QR Code on the membership card is not used for entry.

You will need to log in to the Bulldogs app to show a barcode on entry. I'm assuming that will also show your seat and you will also show that for entry in to the social club.

The "membership card" is nothing more than a form of memorabilia

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

You will need to log in to the Bulldogs app to show a barcode on entry. I'm assuming that will also show your seat and you will also show that for entry in to the social club.

That’s the first I’ve heard that but thanks for sharing.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Yeah, just seen the back of my card says it’s not used for entry. Very odd.

Well I hate that.

Fair enough if they decided to save the planet and ditch the waste, but why not barcode it if they are sending it out anyway? Plus you get ANOTHER useless lanyard for a useless card or two.

All the flipping in and out of apps Vic gov, ticketmaster, seat number (if there is one) and SC entry is annoying - well it is on my android anyway.

How the hell are oldies who might go to the footy going to cope with this? It's bad enough for me (and I'm almost an oldie).

Last edited:
The social club thing is confusing me. I’ve not received a second delivery for it just a sow on badge and pin badge in my membership pack.

Yeah, love the iron on/sew on badge :rolleyes: - they should just ditch the useless rubbish, but I guess where there is one of my opinion there's another who says our membership packs aren't good enough for what you pay.

I think that's we should have received it like you did - all in one pack! Although check your mail, you still might have one coming.

rolling01

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will be very clear once season starts. You just need the WB app and hit membership down the bottom and your barcode will show. Freo used dig tics last year, very easy.
PS. If its like freo you will be sent a new tic each game even tho you sit in the same seat.

Iamspock

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Well, I'm glad you explained it for us, because, I hadn't seen any explanation/instructions from the club, unless I'm not looking properly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
North already ditched the physical membership card a few years ago. I'm just happy we still get something as a keepsake. For now. I'm sure we'll drop it too soon enough.

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Yeah called the club and yes its through the western bulldog App, AFL wide thing. Going to be a pain, in and out of seats having to get the app up all the time, hard for oldies. Not good if you don't have a screen phone, like my dad? (yes he still has an old basic one)

A letter in the membership pack explaining might have helps as well.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So do we have our old (pre-COVID) seats back? I saw someone posted there was no mention in the pack, and I've had the same seats for 21 years now, with the same neighbours either side, and in front, family and friends further along the aisle, etc.

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
I received my membership packs in the mail on Friday. A few things to comment on. Like others here I don’t see the point of the membership card and lanyon. If it serves no purpose then save the money and get rid of it, I would rather get something of value or have the club put the money to better use.
I am a social club member along with my adult children and other younger children but there is nothing that indicates I am a social club member in my pack other than on the packaging address it does have the word Social, but the membership card doesn’t say it and there is nothing in my pack like a pin or anything else to indicate the social club membership.
Lastly, just a comment on the colours of the member merchandise. I know everyone seems to be adding the colour black into things to make it more cool. NBA teams have been doing it with different jerseys and calling it their dark mode or something like that, but to be honest I hate the look of our merchandise this year. It isn’t red, white and blue Bulldogs to me, in fact there is more black than red and white and the blue writing against the black background just doesn’t work. Big big fail to me. They are probably the worst looking member merchandise I have seen in the last 10 years.

What does everyone else think?

Still waiting for my membership pack. I rang the club about three weeks ago and they said it would arrive next week.

I got an email on Friday saying my VFL stuff will be arriving, I hope this includes the AFL as well, we are members of both.

Mitcha

All Australian
Jan 19, 2005
Out West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
I received my membership packs in the mail on Friday. A few things to comment on. Like others here I don’t see the point of the membership card and lanyon. If it serves no purpose then save the money and get rid of it, I would rather get something of value or have the club put the money to better use.
I am a social club member along with my adult children and other younger children but there is nothing that indicates I am a social club member in my pack other than on the packaging address it does have the word Social, but the membership card doesn’t say it and there is nothing in my pack like a pin or anything else to indicate the social club membership.
Lastly, just a comment on the colours of the member merchandise. I know everyone seems to be adding the colour black into things to make it more cool. NBA teams have been doing it with different jerseys and calling it their dark mode or something like that, but to be honest I hate the look of our merchandise this year. It isn’t red, white and blue Bulldogs to me, in fact there is more black than red and white and the blue writing against the black background just doesn’t work. Big big fail to me. They are probably the worst looking member merchandise I have seen in the last 10 years.

What does everyone else think?
Agreed, finally got my stuff in the mail on Friday and was underwhelmed with the contents. The scarf contained Black and the last time i checked our colors are Red, White and Blue so scarf will not be leaving the plastic wrapper as I am disgusted with it, Don't F@$k around with our heritage. Why no barcode on the membership card? Can't be bothered going thru multiple steps days in advance just to go to the footy, if I can't simply scan in at the gate on the day not sure I can be bothered going any longer and watch from the comfort of home like the last two years.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The merchandise has been awful for years, routinely butchering our colour scheme by mixing up the order of Red, White and Blue. Don’t get me started on the pricing, absolute rip off.

Martyn_30_

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So do we have our old (pre-COVID) seats back? I saw someone posted there was no mention in the pack, and I've had the same seats for 21 years now, with the same neighbours either side, and in front, family and friends further along the aisle, etc.
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, which I would of thought is a key piece of communication for the membership department.

Perhaps by adding the black to the scarf the idea could be to wear it for everyday use: a blend of trendy colours?
Like many of you I have a drawer full of scarves and caps but I just wear the ones I prefer irrespective of the year printed on them. I agree, some of the recent versions are pretty ordinary.
Interesting question: who at a club is responsible for the designs, a think tank of marketing interns?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back