2022 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A quick question if someone might oblige...

The Dogs play West Coast in Perth in late May. Every chance it's a sellout. I have a flight credit from last year and I'd like a trip to WA. If I have a limited membership (Long Distance 5 Game, for example), is it likely I'd get a ticket? And if I did, would there be any chance I could get a seat behind the cheer squad or would I end up in the nosebleed section of the outer?

Thx

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

The Dogs play West Coast in Perth in late May. Every chance it's a sellout. I have a flight credit from last year and I'd like a trip to WA. If I have a limited membership (Long Distance 5 Game, for example), is it likely I'd get a ticket? And if I did, would there be any chance I could get a seat behind the cheer squad or would I end up in the nosebleed section of the outer?

Thx
They way I expect West Coast to be traveling I doubt it will be a sellout.

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok, cheers. Never travelled interstate to the footy before and wasn't sure about the allocation of tickets at Optus Perth.

rolling01

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Thx
Not sure about long distance if you can only use in another state than your in eg if in melb you get 5 home games if interstate you get 4 home games plus the 1 game in your state. Tho i guess technically you should be able to. All general admission for optus is behind the goals at one end so you will be in with cheer squad or possible top tier behind goals. Every time my tic has had me in cheer squad section.

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't think the Long Distance membership package covers entry to any game outside of Victoria. My query was more about the eligibility of tickets to a potentially sold-out interstate away game if I wasn't a full member.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Apologies if this has been covered:

I have two general admission tickets for round 1. I just rock up, scan that barcode and get a seat, first in best dressed?
Yes. Also you should check the MCG website a day or two before the game. They usually show what bays on Level 1 and Level 4 are going to be open to general admission ticket holders for that game. MCG general admission is a bit different from Marvel.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We are about 5,000 up on our previous pre season record and we still have 5 days to go until Round 1. Could get to 44-45k.
9F637C48-CF50-4173-8680-ADCC2237A833.jpeg

Slack Nang

Senior List
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CDFC
Update

I previously posted, tongue in cheek about my cats fury of having their pet membership certificates misprinted with my name instead of theirs

I am happy to report that on Monday I recieved two new certificates with their names updated

I did not call or ask the club to replace and as trivial as a pet membership is it was certainly nice to get them and I do appreciate it

I previously posted, tongue in cheek about my cats fury of having their pet membership certificates misprinted with my name instead of theirs
I am happy to report that on Monday I recieved two new certificates with their names updated

I did not call or ask the club to replace and as trivial as a pet membership is it was certainly nice to get them and I do appreciate

I still reakon they could have sent it in a box
maru jumping GIF

Bushdid911

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I, for one, am pretty happy with the buy 3, get 9 membership! I moved back to Melbourne pre pandemic, after a few years living interstate.

Will be good to get to some games on the reg again, even if it is by myself

I know what you mean, but if you can afford the regular price you are financially helping the club much more which is important given our history until quite recently.
I see why they do it, but I don't agree.
Members that have paid up for the last two years and have got to go to bugger all footy including a GF just get screwed in the pursuit of "record" membership numbers.

There should be a catch on those memberships, maybe there is....in that the full pay 9 get 9 members have priority access to blockbusters and finals etc. ie: with having to buy tickets, there is a separate window for those.

I'll always support the club, but this sort of s**t pisses me off. Bandwagoners jumping on in times of success. If you can afford a 9 game, buy a 3 game and upgrade through the year if you can.

On Nokia 5.4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackb_93

Senior List
Sep 24, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Apologies if this has been asked previously, but what’s the story with general admin memberships this year?

Wanting to go next week with a mate who isn’t a member, how do we go about sitting next to each other?

When I login to the app it seems as though I have an allocated seat?

rolling01

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Apologies if this has been asked previously, but what’s the story with general admin memberships this year?

Wanting to go next week with a mate who isn’t a member, how do we go about sitting next to each other?

With GA even tho there is a seat number allocated you sit where ever that number is not your seat .

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Are there member replacement games this year?
Just found it on the website

"Replacement games will not be provided in 2022 as the Marvel home games membership has been re-classified as a 9 game members."

Hmmm, not sure what changed from the last few years to this year. Normally we get replacement games for the Ballarat games. My membership price did not come down to reflect having 9 games instead of 11. So effectively we are $60 worse off. Keep that one quiet.

Mitcha

All Australian
Jan 19, 2005
Out West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs

Easy answer is that you should'nt be associating yourself with non believers (non members). Otherwise convince your mate to buy a membership so that you can go together more often, I hear the three game membership is good value for new members!!!!

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So confused about my membership. I had a reserved seat at marvel pre covid. Now I don’t.. is this something new because of covid?

Im assuming now I’m just GA and I have to pay to upgrade to a reserved seat?

rolling01

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So confused about my membership. I had a reserved seat at marvel pre covid. Now I don’t.. is this something new because of covid?

Im assuming now I’m just GA and I have to pay to upgrade to a reserved seat?
Its because you didn't renew your membership properly. Ring the club now before 1st home game and maybe they can sort you out.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just found it on the website

"Replacement games will not be provided in 2022 as the Marvel home games membership has been re-classified as a 9 game members."

Hmmm, not sure what changed from the last few years to this year. Normally we get replacement games for the Ballarat games. My membership price did not come down to reflect having 9 games instead of 11. So effectively we are $60 worse off. Keep that one quiet.
Wow that’s actually shitty as on the clubs part here - I’m quick to back them but that’s crap and they definitely swept it under the rug.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back