2022 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Those without a credit/debit card in 2022 should be rounded up and shot.

Credit/debit cards were introduced in Australia 40 years ago. It’s not some new fangled technology that has popped up overnight.

I get the odd person at work who will only pay in cash because they don’t have a card. These people are not 120 years old. They are 85 tops which puts them in their 40’s when this technology was introduced. If you can’t learn new stuff at that age then there’s no hope for you.

I hope you're baiting and not serious.

A lot of older people thought the alternatives of cash and cheques, and going to the bank to withdraw money, would always be available. They also didn’t trust the new technology, especially when there were teething problems and they only heard negative reports such as credit card fraud, old people being mugged at ATMs and relatively isolated incidents given shock horror publicity.

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Sydney fans in our Gold membership area last week was a ******* joke, It was 90% Sydney - for a gold membership?

Was a shocking experience until we won and I ******* gaveeeee it to them

That's because the AFL re-sells the seats of members that don't log into the system and indicate thy are attending the game.

This is the main reason why the AFL brought this stupid system in, it wasn't to "make things easier" it was to bump up their profit as they get the money from the seats from those that purchase them with their membership, then if they don't attend, they get get more profit by selling those seats again to someone else.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
That's because the AFL re-sells the seats of members that don't log into the system and indicate thy are attending the game.

This is the main reason why the AFL brought this stupid system in, it wasn't to "make things easier" it was to bump up their profit as they get the money from the seats from those that purchase them with their membership, then if they don't attend, they get get more profit by selling those seats again to someone else.
Are you sure that’s what happens? If you have a reserve seat you don’t have to indicate you’re attending and isn’t the ticket is automatically listed with your reserved seat on the app? I’m not sure you can re-sell a reserved seat because what happens if that person decides to go at the last minute?

Without knowing why and the context of the Sydney supporters in the Bulldogs member sections, I’d say they were either using someone’s membership or the seat that were sitting in wasn’t a reserved seat (even if in the Dogs members area).

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Wait do I actually have to do that? I have reserved seats on level 1 and attended the last two weeks but did not know that I had to do that… how would I even go about doing that?

rolling01

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Rubbish. You don't have to indicate if your going or not.

Wetdog

I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
The changing of colours should only be approved by the members by special resolution at an AGM and not some unilateral decision by the club administration or marketing department.

It is an utter disgrace that they added another colour to the scarf. If we don’t have our colours, what do we have?

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So trying to access this sh1tful app to get tickets to the Ballarat game, and it's frozen on this screen.
Screenshot_20220417-133707_Western Bulldogs.jpg

I'm over deleting and reinstalling the app.

Anyone had similar issues?

I just tried going to TM site directly, and it doesn't recognise the p/w I've had for about 5 years, so reset it, and now get errors searching for Mars Stadium or Western Bulldogs.

There are so many apps I use regularly that are smooth to.use (Uber, CarNextDoor, etc), yet AFL apps seem to be operating using Cobol and DOS.

The changing of colours should only be approved by the members by special resolution at an AGM and not some unilateral decision by the club administration or marketing department.

It is an utter disgrace that they added another colour to the scarf. If we don’t have our colours, what do we have?

I've only just seen your post - what colour did they add?

So trying to access this sh1tful app to get tickets to the Ballarat game, and it's frozen on this screen.
View attachment 1375760

I'm over deleting and reinstalling the app.

Anyone had similar issues?

I just tried going to TM site directly, and it doesn't recognise the p/w I've had for about 5 years, so reset it, and now get errors searching for Mars Stadium or Western Bulldogs.

There are so many apps I use regularly that are smooth to.use (Uber, CarNextDoor, etc), yet AFL apps seem to be operating using Cobol and DOS.

I know I had to update or uninstall/reinstall the app initially.

Do you have access to a laptop or something where you can go into the Ticketmaster website without accessing the Bulldogs app? It still asks for membership numbers if you do it this way. So unless there's a specific reason you're using Bulldog app I'd try ticketmaster directly.

But yes, the whole new techno thing is a PITA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted standing room tickets, but had to buy four seats instead, it was all they offered.
Not working for me.

I did a search of my emails to see if they sent out an email. I noticed this until I realised it was an email from last year. It certainly had me fooled for a few seconds in thinking the match was now starting later.

1650171010564.png

Not working for me.

I did a search of my emails to see if they sent out an email. I noticed this until I realised it was an email from last year. It certainly had me fooled for a few seconds in thinking the match was now starting later.

View attachment 1375848
You should have been sent a link via text from the club with your membership codes. Put them into the Ticketmaster website when you go into purchase tickets.

You should have been sent a link via text from the club with your membership codes. Put them into the Ticketmaster website when you go into purchase tickets.
Yep, I'm able to unlock my membership ticket but then when I select upgrade and elect to purchase three additional tickets it only allows me to purchase standing room.

Mitcha

All Australian
Jan 19, 2005
Out West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Also tried to purchase a seat in Western stand yesterday but was informed that only standing room available so not bothering now, will watch from home. They are making it far too hard to simply go to the footy these days.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty sure I saw something somewhere that the club was offering cheap tickets ($10 I think) to the Ballarat game for members.

Can anyone confirm? Can’t seem to find it.

I know I had to update or uninstall/reinstall the app initially.

Do you have access to a laptop or something where you can go into the Ticketmaster website without accessing the Bulldogs app? It still asks for membership numbers if you do it this way. So unless there's a specific reason you're using Bulldog app I'd try ticketmaster directly.

But yes, the whole new techno thing is a PITA.
Apps are hopeless, as is the small phone screen. I always use desk top or laptop for bookings, purchases etc.

NoName

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty sure I saw something somewhere that the club was offering cheap tickets ($10 I think) to the Ballarat game for members.

Can anyone confirm? Can’t seem to find it.

Yep, I received a text early last week re $10 GA tickets for members, they needed to have been purchased by a certain date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back