footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So Mars game option is now ONLY $25 standing room, and only through TM. Club app says (after I reinstalled it AGAIN), my allocation is no longer available.

I have checked every notification service I have, and as a Ballarat-based member, I received NO notification of a member window to purchase seats for Saturday.

So I just rang the club.

"Our membership dept is closed for Easter and will reopen on Tuesday 19th Apr... <click>"

Pocket Terrace

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep, I received a text early last week re $10 GA tickets for members, they needed to have been purchased by a certain date.
The barcodes that were sent out in the text message last Tuesday are still working. Just logged in 5 mins ago, used the code and got myself a $10 standing room ticket (plus handling fee).

May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Instead of getting a scarf or cap this year did anyone select $20 voucher to the bulldog shop?

I did and I've been chasing the club via email since the season started as I wanted to buy my son a jumper. Seems strange that 3 gold membership on direct debit and I can't seem to get our vouchers. The guy just keeps replying, "we are still waiting for them to be purchased into your account. I thank you for your patience". Which I now think is some stock answer hoping you go away.

The barcodes that were sent out in the text message last Tuesday are still working. Just logged in 5 mins ago, used the code and got myself a $10 standing room ticket (plus handling fee).

We didn't get any emails or barcodes. :(

Instead of getting a scarf or cap this year did anyone select $20 voucher to the bulldog shop?

I did and I've been chasing the club via email since the season started as I wanted to buy my son a jumper. Seems strange that 3 gold membership on direct debit and I can't seem to get our vouchers. The guy just keeps replying, "we are still waiting for them to be purchased into your account. I thank you for your patience". Which I now think is some stock answer hoping you go away.

I think we said we didn't want anything, but it all seems to be falling apart within the club atm!

I think we said we didn't want anything, but it all seems to be falling apart within the club atm!

What a load of rubbish. Look around you. Nearly every industry is under immense pressure due to staffing issues etc from Covid.

Falling apart. * me.

What a load of rubbish. Look around you. Nearly every industry is under immense pressure due to staffing issues etc from Covid.

Falling apart. fu** me.

Whoa-h! Calm ya farm. You sound like you've had a bad day.

I really didn't mean to sound that drastic - it was a quick post and a misuse of words, obviously, so my apologies.

Strike 'falling apart' for 'a bit of an administrative mess'.

I'm talking about ticketing info unclear or hotch potch (and ticketing price and access all over the shop, but it may not be club's fault), contacting membership dept has been like trying to get in touch with major telcos, out of touch with supporters on VFL entry & merch/membership entitlements....and perhaps a serial media leaking spy.

And a fair comment about staffing too, but this has been going on for quite a few weeks and staff can still communicate at home if they are well enough.

Reckon we’ll hit 50K? We’re at 49,333 with a week to go. Bruce Perrin - you there?!

Can't help thinking we're already there and the club is just leaking it out slowly, building a bit of suspense...if that's the case, we'll get there in the last 24 hours :winkv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If the AFL is concerned about crowd numbers why not make the Melbourne away games free to members for next season. Surely this increases crowd numbers.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Can't help thinking we're already there and the club is just leaking it out slowly, building a bit of suspense...if that's the case, we'll get there in the last 24 hours :winkv1:
You'll get there even if they have to give away a few memberships :)

Let's face it, if North Melbourne just cracked 48,000 with all of their issues, and the Dogs certainly have better potential for a finals berth than the Roos do :rolleyes:.

Bulldogs achieve 50k member milestone

For the first time in Club history, the Western Bulldogs have exceeded 50,000 members.

Earlier this season, the membership tally surged passed the all-time Club record of 47,961 as the Bulldogs pushed towards the goal of beyond 50k.

Approximately 40,000 Dogs fans had renewed from the previous season - indicative of the red, white and blue faithful standing by the Club through the challenging period of the pandemic.

The Bulldogs also achieved a record AFLW membership of 3500 in 2022, and over 2000 fans took up a membership with a Ballarat product.

Coinciding with the milestone is the Club’s Member Recognition Round this Friday night against St Kilda at Marvel Stadium, giving both the Bulldogs and its members the chance to celebrate the historic feat.

Bulldogs’ CEO Ameet Bains acknowledged the landmark achievement of the Club, thanking every member for their contribution to the red, white and blue.

“This is an exciting moment in the history of our football club,” he said.

“To reach the milestone of 50,000 members is a significant accomplishment for our Club. Our members are the lifeblood of our Club, sitting at the forefront of every decision that we make.

“Achieving our all-time membership record and reaching our 50,000 target is reflective of the loyalty and commitment of our supporters, as well as the confidence they have in the health of the Club. It’s also a reflection of the wonderful work undertaken by our dedicated staff over an extended period.

“Our players love putting on the red, white and blue each week and playing in front of our passionate fan base, so we look forward to many of you celebrating our collective achievement at Marvel Stadium on Friday night as part of our Membership Recognition Round.

“Today is a moment for our people and the Club to say thanks to all existing and new members for being a part of the Western Bulldogs family and for creating history.”

Members yet to sign up this year can do so by visiting membership.westernbulldogs.com.au or calling 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47).

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Over the moon that we’ve managed to hit 50,000 (perhaps with the help of done creative accounting). ‘Every decision the club makes is with the best interests of the members in mind’. Sadly for the first time in my journey supporting this club my faith in statements like that is greatly diminished.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Excluding the limited capcuty at Ballarat, we currently have a average home crowd of 31,968. Just something to compare the membership too.

Its at the higher end compared to other years.

Excluding the limited capcuty at Ballarat, we currently have a average home crowd of 31,968. Just something to compare the membership too.

I presume you aren’t including Covid years 2020-21 - they are not great for comparative purposes.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Avg home crowd compared to other clubs is such a sham though, we’ve played in probably 10 Thursday/Fridays this year with not one a home game, whereas we constantly get the Sunday arvo home game etc

I presume you aren’t including Covid years 2020-21 - they are not great for comparative

For sure. AFL tables has the averages for other years. We should keep in mind by the same token we did play a home game at Darwin or Canberra or Cairns but these tallies remain unadjusted for now because im lazy and inconsistent.

1. 2006 - 33,254
2. 2009 - 32,887
3. 2022 (in progress, adjusted) - 31,968
4. 1955 (lol) - 31,718
5. 2017- 31,473

Avg home crowd compared to other clubs is such a sham though, we’ve played in probably 10 Thursday/Fridays this year with not one a home game, whereas we constantly get the Sunday arvo home game etc

It wasn’t that bad.

Home Friday Night:

Carlton - Fri N
Sydney - Fri N
Geelong - Fri N
Hawthorn - Fri N

Still to come:

Saints - Fri N
Dees - Sat N

Used to be a time we got s**t all exposure regardless of home and away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back