2022 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

if I can't simply scan in at the gate on the day not sure I can be bothered going any longer and watch from the comfort of home like the last two years.

Of course you scan at the gate just use your phone. Not sure why everyone's making a big deal about digital tics.

Of course you scan at the gate just use your phone. Not sure why everyone's making a big deal about digital tics.

The problem is that there are a lot of supporters that don't own smart phones or prefer not to be the mindless sheep carrying a mobile around with them and endlessly staring at them. A plastic card with a bar code is a far easier (and cheaper) option.

The problem is that there are a lot of supporters that don't own smart phones or prefer not to be the mindless sheep carrying a mobile around with them and endlessly staring at them. A plastic card with a bar code is a far easier (and cheaper) option.
Majority of people going to afl will have smart phone (the "sheep" your so original) so making cards/lanyards for them is actually a waste of money and not cheaper. Those without smart phones will just have to go earlier to the tic office and then line up in line for people who don't have their vax cert on their phone to gain entry.
If they are going with friends/fam then they can put their tics on those phone.

The minority of supporters don’t have smart phones, accessing tickets on your phone is easy and it’s much cheaper for the club to have tickets online. Things change, they used to use a hole punch for membership cards.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The minority of supporters don’t have smart phones, accessing tickets on your phone is easy and it’s much cheaper for the club to have tickets online. Things change, they used to use a hole punch for membership cards.

How is it cheaper when they are still sending out Membership cards and lanyards?

How is it cheaper when they are still sending out Membership cards and lanyards?

It would be cheaper if they didn’t send anything, but it’s a flimsy bit plastic compared to what you got in the past and there’s less individual information. I’m sure it will get to a point soon where you don’t get anything physically sent to you unless it’s requested.

So do we have our old (pre-COVID) seats back? I saw someone posted there was no mention in the pack, and I've had the same seats for 21 years now, with the same neighbours either side, and in front, family and friends further along the aisle, etc.
Did you read any of this? If you didn't secure them by 10th dec you may not get your old seats.

Did you read any of this? If you didn't secure them by 10th dec you may not get your old seats.

I was contacted by the club last year (Oct) and confirmed by phone with them. Have not heard anything since, and no indication in the member packs we've received this week what our actual seat allocation is. The communication, and contents of the pack, as others have said, is significantly lacking in clarity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was contacted by the club last year (Oct) and confirmed by phone with them. Have not heard anything since, and no indication in the member packs we've received this week what our actual seat allocation is. The communication, and contents of the pack, as others have said, is significantly lacking in clarity.
You should be fine then if you spoke to them. Have you looked in the "account activity" section of membership that might say your seats with the membership you have purchased.

Got my gear today. Love the colours. Looks great imho.
Really not a fan of black being involved in our colours at all tbh…

Also what’s with the general cost of merchandise? Like a training top is $80, a hoodie $110. Who can afford this?

Really not a fan of black being involved in our colours at all tbh…

Also what’s with the general cost of merchandise? Like a training top is $80, a hoodie $110. Who can afford this?
It’s ridiculous when you can go on ASOS and get a Nike or Adidas hoodie for $50-60 bucks and it isn’t covered in sponsors.

My pack was sent to my old address in Keilor East. My friend who lives there told the postie that she didn't have my address(she's becoming increasingly forgetful at 84 - one reason why she's moving in with her daughter and I had to leave the granny flat) so the postie took it back. I informed AusPost and will call the club on Monday. I did change my address on the Bulldogs site a few weeks ago but apparently not in time. Zsa Zsa is more upset than me. 😿

So I had my membership account linked to my old employer's address and completely missed the update that reserved seats are back.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I've lost my long time seat on level 3 :(

Got my member pack today. I like the use of black but I only saw it on the social club badge, not the scarf I was expecting. That's fine, I never wear it anyway preferring the hand knitted one I got years ago

This may seem trite and really of no consequence to most but my cats are pissed

I have two cats, both are members. I accept that every year I will get dog centric pack but this year seems especially cruel. I got two pouches of dog food.

Worse though is the certificate they each get thanking them for being a bulldog in disguise does not have their name on it, it has mine instead

Right now they are sleeping on it, trying to come up with their next move and I am sure it will be as devestating, I might be able to distract them with a wand toy or some treats for a while but their fury will be heard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back