2022 Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

For sure. AFL tables has the averages for other years. We should keep in mind by the same token we did play a home game at Darwin or Canberra or Cairns but these tallies remain unadjusted for now because im lazy and inconsistent.

1. 2006 - 33,254
2. 2009 - 32,887
3. 2022 (in progress, adjusted) - 31,968
4. 1955 (lol) - 31,718
5. 2017- 31,473

It wasn’t that bad.

Home Friday Night:

Carlton - Fri N
Sydney - Fri N
Geelong - Fri N
Hawthorn - Fri N

Still to come:

Saints - Fri N
Dees - Sat N

Used to be a time we got s**t all exposure regardless of home and away.
Thought it was worse than that going off memory! I guess I’ve just erased those games from my memory as they were all s**t! 😂

Bulldogs achieve 50k member milestone

For the first time in Club history, the Western Bulldogs have exceeded 50,000 members.

Earlier this season, the membership tally surged passed the all-time Club record of 47,961 as the Bulldogs pushed towards the goal of beyond 50k.

Approximately 40,000 Dogs fans had renewed from the previous season - indicative of the red, white and blue faithful standing by the Club through the challenging period of the pandemic.

The Bulldogs also achieved a record AFLW membership of 3500 in 2022, and over 2000 fans took up a membership with a Ballarat product.

Coinciding with the milestone is the Club’s Member Recognition Round this Friday night against St Kilda at Marvel Stadium, giving both the Bulldogs and its members the chance to celebrate the historic feat.

Bulldogs’ CEO Ameet Bains acknowledged the landmark achievement of the Club, thanking every member for their contribution to the red, white and blue.

“This is an exciting moment in the history of our football club,” he said.

“To reach the milestone of 50,000 members is a significant accomplishment for our Club. Our members are the lifeblood of our Club, sitting at the forefront of every decision that we make.

“Achieving our all-time membership record and reaching our 50,000 target is reflective of the loyalty and commitment of our supporters, as well as the confidence they have in the health of the Club. It’s also a reflection of the wonderful work undertaken by our dedicated staff over an extended period.

“Our players love putting on the red, white and blue each week and playing in front of our passionate fan base, so we look forward to many of you celebrating our collective achievement at Marvel Stadium on Friday night as part of our Membership Recognition Round.

“Today is a moment for our people and the Club to say thanks to all existing and new members for being a part of the Western Bulldogs family and for creating history.”

Members yet to sign up this year can do so by visiting membership.westernbulldogs.com.au or calling 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47).

It helps when you start selling one or two game memberships for half the season. Maybe next year the club sells only one game membership tickets so with an average dogs supporter membership of 20k per game that will give us 180k members, another club record, and if you throw in the 2 game Ballarat memberships and the pet memberships it should push us over 200k.

292409260_10159863045387487_7181989593173987679_n.jpg

Oh come on you grizzle guts. It wasn’t that long ago that our membership was 26,000 and the thought of reaching 30,000 seemed a pipe dream.
It’s a fair point.
We should celebrate the apparent ongoing growth but I’m not sure how meaningful the 50,000 milestone really is.

It’s almost impossible to compare one club to another or compare a particular club’s membership numbers from one year to the next because it’s never an apples-to-apples comparison. Gross membership revenue (or perhaps net membership profit) would be a valid basis for comparison but I doubt that the AFL or the clubs are going to publish that in any easily accessible place and format.

People are understandably cynical (grizzle guts) at the smoke and mirrors that all clubs deploy in their membership tallies.

Oh come on you grizzle guts. It wasn’t that long ago that our membership was 26,000 and the thought of reaching 30,000 seemed a pipe dream.

Hahaha! I remember the days when we couldn't hit 10,000.

Is there a way to get a GA ticket through your Membership for $0? I’ve gone through both the WB And Ticketmaster apps and both are asking me to pay for an upgrade with no $0 option.

Is there a way to get a GA ticket through your Membership for $0? I’ve gone through both the WB And Ticketmaster apps and both are asking me to pay for an upgrade with no $0 option.
You just scan your bulldog membership barcode that is in the bulldog app. It will be available in a couple of days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have the WB app on your phone you should have your member ticket there in the "membership" page at the bottom of the screen. Then click on "Digital Card"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back