T20I 2022 Mens T20 World Cup (in Australia, postponed from 2020)

What T20 World Cup games will you attend?

• Perth ENG vs AFG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobart GA1 vs GB2

• Hobart Double Header - BAN vs GA2, RSA vs GB2

• Perth PAK vs GB1

• GABBA BAN vs GB1

• AO Double Header (1) GB1 vs GA2, IND vs BAN

• AO Double Header (3) RSA vs GA2, PAK vs BAN

• MCG IND vs GB1

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Warner
Finch
Marsh
Maxwell
Stoinis
David
Wade
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Hazlewood

Possible team?
Still a bit to go more cricket to be played to give us more info

The Sri lankan series will be huge for Finch going forward if he fails again I could see him getting the chop with stoinis/mcdermott to open and then that gives you the opportunity to get David in down the order ......you also have inglis in the mix who can bat 1-7 I can see pressure on wade

The bounce/pace of Australian wickets in the t20 wc will also be a huge factor and looking at the top I have reservations about Finch and warner playing genuine pace/bounce...warner getting older and finch in poor form....also maxi not great against pace....Marsh I am happy with smashing the quicks......stoinis play pace well on aussie decks ...david not proven yet in the aussie colours....wade plays horizontal shots well but prone to brainfarts

will be interesting to see what the selectors come up with

and I cannot see a spot for Smith in the t20 format going forward

Final qualifying tournament starts tonight.

USA with a first-up win over Jersey, while Zimbabwe thrash Singapore. A shame that Tim David isn't available for them - would have loved to have seen him take on some of these attacks.

It's a T20 comp, it's a coin flip.
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

USA, Jersey, Singapore and Zimbabwe in group A - will be between USA and Zim for top spot. They play on the 14th.

Group B has Hong Kong, Uganda, The Netherlands and PNG. You'd think the Dutch are clear favourites here, with PNG the other to go through to the semis.

We're one day into it but I'll say the Zimbabwe ahead of the USA in Group A, so the semis will be Zimbabwe vs PNG and The Netherlands vs USA, with Zim and The Netherlands winning, thus qualifying for the World Cup.

USA, Jersey, Singapore and Zimbabwe in group A - will be between USA and Zim for top spot. They play on the 14th.

Group B has Hong Kong, Uganda, The Netherlands and PNG. You'd think the Dutch are clear favourites here, with PNG the other to go through to the semis.

We're one day into it but I'll say the Zimbabwe ahead of the USA in Group A, so the semis will be Zimbabwe vs PNG and The Netherlands vs USA, with Zim and The Netherlands winning, thus qualifying for the World Cup.
PNG look awful from what I've seen so I think they'd go in large outsiders v Zimbabwe. If Uganda would bat their two best batters in Riazat Ali Shah and Dinesh Nakrani somewhere towards the top of the order instead of languishing down at 5 and 6 where they don't get full use of them I could see them knocking off PNG.

I'd give the USA a better chance against the Dutch although the injury to Ali Khan really hurts them.

That's the matches we've got tonight. Zimbabwe v PNG and The Netherlands v USA. The winners go through to the World Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winners

07 - India
09 - Pakistan
10 - England
12 - Windies
14 - Sri Lanka
16 - Windies
21 - Australia

You can be a smart ass but not much consistency in the winners, 6 different winners in 7 World Cups. Its as I said a coin flip format.

Winners

07 - India
09 - Pakistan
10 - England
12 - Windies
14 - Sri Lanka
16 - Windies
21 - Australia

You can be a smart ass but not much consistency in the winners, 6 different winners in 7 World Cups. Its as I said a coin flip format.
Why does the fact that there were different winners in 2007 and 2021 prove anything? The best team in test cricket changes from year to year, too.

so Round 1 (the qualifiers for the Super 12)
Group A: Sri Lanka, Namibia, UAE, loser of Netherlands/Zimbabwe final
Group B: West Indies, Scotland, Ireland, winner of Netherlands/Zimbabwe final

Super 12 stage
Group 1: Australia, Afghanistan, England, New Zealand, A1, B2
Group 2: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, B1, A2

so Round 1 (the qualifiers for the Super 12)
Group A: Sri Lanka, Namibia, UAE, loser of Netherlands/Zimbabwe final
Group B: West Indies, Scotland, Ireland, winner of Netherlands/Zimbabwe final

Super 12 stage
Group 1: Australia, Afghanistan, England, New Zealand, A1, B2
Group 2: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, B1, A2
Cheers for that.

I'm taking the family to Pakistan vs Group A Runner-Up (double-header with India vs South Africa) so we're keeping an eye on that side of the draw.

You'd think Sri Lanka wins the group but second place is wide open.

With the T20 World cup beginning in less than 2 weeks, I have noticed a distinct lack of energy surrounding the tournament, apparently tickets sales have been also been low.
I know I will only be attending England's MCG matches + The Final, and not travelling like I would the Ashes.

Are you interested?
What games will you attend?
Have the prices deterred you from purchasing a ticket?

Think I saw a price of $60 AUD for the double header India v South / Pakistan v GA2 at Perth Stadium on 30th October.

I just feel lazy going to watch sport at a ground these days. Like the AFL, Kayo pretty much does it for me these days.

Stoinis is resting his side strain

'Allrounder Marcus Stoinis has been ruled out of the upcoming T20I series against West Indies as he continues his recovery from a side strain he suffered in early September, leaving Australia's selectors fewer chances to bed down their best side ahead of the World Cup.

Back