T20I 2022 Mens T20 World Cup (in Australia, postponed from 2020)

What T20 World Cup games will you attend?

• Perth ENG vs AFG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobart GA1 vs GB2

• Hobart Double Header - BAN vs GA2, RSA vs GB2

• Perth PAK vs GB1

• GABBA BAN vs GB1

• AO Double Header (1) GB1 vs GA2, IND vs BAN

• AO Double Header (3) RSA vs GA2, PAK vs BAN

• MCG IND vs GB1

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Prize money on offer at this years T20 World Cup
Prize Money table (US Dollars)

Winners1$ 1,600,000$ 1,600,000
Runners-Up1$ 800,000$ 800,000
Losing Semi-finalists2$ 400,000$ 800,000
Super 12 Wins30$ 40,000$ 1,200,000
Super 12 Exit8$ 70,000$ 560,000
First Round Win12$ 40,000$ 480,000
First Round Exit4$ 40,000$ 160,000
Total $ 5,600,000

Games I can potentially make it to are the games in : Geelong and SCG. Potentially can make it to the final in Melbourne. (if India dont make it , tickets should be a reasonable price)

Went to the Australia v Sri Lanka game at Kardinia Park for the venue first T20 a few years back. Loved it

Anyone have any recommendations for stays down in Geelong? Last time , i caught the train back to Melbourne rather than stay down in Geelong. Saw a bit of the Dutch recently against NZ, they dont look that bad. Reckon they are a real shot of getting 2nd spot there. SL obvious favourite to qualify.

Ideally if im going to head down there, its probably better to see all games than none. Games in Geelong are on: 16th, 18th and 20th of October. (all double headers)

Games I can potentially make it to are the games in : Geelong and SCG. Potentially can make it to the final in Melbourne. (if India dont make it , tickets should be a reasonable price)

Went to the Australia v Sri Lanka game at Kardinia Park for the venue first T20 a few years back. Loved it

Anyone have any recommendations for stays down in Geelong? Last time , i caught the train back to Melbourne rather than stay down in Geelong. Saw a bit of the Dutch recently against NZ, they dont look that bad. Reckon they are a real shot of getting 2nd spot there. SL obvious favourite to qualify.

Ideally if im going to head down there, its probably better to see all games than none. Games in Geelong are on: 16th, 18th and 20th of October. (all double headers)

Final is pretty expensive IMO

Cat A - $395
Cat B - $225
Cat C - $225
Cat D - $170
Cat E - $125 (Sold Out)

I bought Cat E and will probably stay down in the standing room rather than use the seat in the heavens

Final is pretty expensive IMO

Cat A - $395
Cat B - $225
Cat C - $225
Cat D - $170
Cat E - $125 (Sold Out)

I bought Cat E and will probably stay down in the standing room rather than use the seat in the heavens
Went to 2015 ODI World Cup semi , India v Australia at SCG. Paid around $400 or so, 90% of the crowd were Indian.

Great experience .

Not sure when the next ODI or T20 mens world cup will be on Australian soil again. Might have to save up lol.

I was very keen to go to the South Africa v Bangladesh and India v Group A runner-up double header at the SCG but as seen above it sold out and I reckon it was sold out within a few days of tickets being available for purchase. I bet a lot those who bought tickets won't even go to the first game the campaigners and will just be there to fanboi the Indians.

However I am travelling around Tasmania during the first group stage so will get to the West Indies v Ireland and Scotland v Zimbabwe double header at Bellerive. Never been to Bellerive and have also never seen any of the teams play live so keen for it.

Last edited:
Think I saw a price of $60 AUD for the double header India v South / Pakistan v GA2 at Perth Stadium on 30th October.

I just feel lazy going to watch sport at a ground these days. Like the AFL, Kayo pretty much does it for me these days.

Quoting myself here - family of four for the double header for $90.

Pre-sale tickets went on sale yesterday - just picked up tickets for the India vs South Africa and Pakistan vs ??? double-header.

$90 for a family of four - good seats, too. Kids are only $5 each. Ridiculously cheap for two games of international cricket.

With the T20 World cup beginning in less than 2 weeks, I have noticed a distinct lack of energy surrounding the tournament, apparently tickets sales have been also been low.
I know I will only be attending England's MCG matches + The Final, and not travelling like I would the Ashes.

Are you interested?
What games will you attend?
Have the prices deterred you from purchasing a ticket?
Weirdly enough I'm an MCC member who loves his cricket but didn't actually attend any games in the 2015 WC and so far haven't bought any for this, the MCC fee kicks my ass enough so find to hard to pay extra for more sport ha. You're right though, outside of cricket lovers, who would know this tournament is on? unless you were walking past the MCG. Might try and go to the England match at the G, still tickets for that, atmosphere for some matches will be amazing, less so for others.

Hope it's a good tournament though, I find it hard to get into T20, but some close games will make for good viewing.

Last edited:
It seems a little odd for the Super 12 games that kids tickets are $5 regardless of category. For category A seats, that means an adult pays $120 but a child pays $5 for the same seat.

Yep, which is why I’m thinking I’ll buy a kids seat where I want to sit then buy a cheap adults ticket to get in the gate!

Winners

07 - India
09 - Pakistan
10 - England
12 - Windies
14 - Sri Lanka
16 - Windies
21 - Australia

You can be a smart ass but not much consistency in the winners, 6 different winners in 7 World Cups. Its as I said a coin flip format.
We should get rid of those pesky Ashes series.
34-32 sounds like the ultimate coin toss competition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UAE seem to be giving a bit of a good account of themselves, need 115 off 90 balls against the might West Indies.

Fell short by 17 runs. Not a bad effort by the UAE.

Also, as we saw last week, the West Indies aren't the strongest T20 side going around at the moment - they're in the first round with Sri Lanka and the minnows, hence their warm up matches with the like of UAE.

27th October SCG will be sold out! Double header

View attachment 1525039
Looks like anything with India is selling out. Here's the seating plan for the IND RSA PAK double header in Perth - the coloured bits are the only places where seats are left.

Screenshot_20221011-211328.png

Looks like anything with India is selling out. Here's the seating plan for the IND RSA PAK double header in Perth - the coloured bits are the only places where seats are left.

View attachment 1533560

Their games seem to be selling better than Australia games!

Will be fantastic to see packed stadia for some matches.

So the India v Pakistan game pretty much sold out in the first two hours. And when we were getting ticket for the games, I could only get for me and mum, and had to tell our other friends that there was not enough space to buy for the 10 of us.
The guy on the phone that day did say this game was the biggest seller, bigger than all Australia games combined
So excited to be going to that game, it's going to be a sea of 85K brown people an the atmosphere is going to be out of this world

So the India v Pakistan game pretty much sold out in the first two hours. And when we were getting ticket for the games, I could only get for me and mum, and had to tell our other friends that there was not enough space to buy for the 10 of us.
The guy on the phone that day did say this game was the biggest seller, bigger than all Australia games combined
So excited to be going to that game, it's going to be a sea of 85K brown people an the atmosphere is going to be out of this world
Always great atmosphere India v pak...enjoy :)

Back