• Best available

Votes: 87 65.4%
  • One of those forwards kicking bags in the SANFL

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Jai version 2.0

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Roos and Eagles could do with another ruck, since Goldy and Nitnat are nearing the end.

North have Goldstein, Xerri, Coleman-Jones, Jacob Edwards and Comben on their list. I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if they select another ruck.

It absolutely won't happen, but since his name was brought up in a recent article, North need an Ollie Hanrahan type who can supply some zip up forward and hit the scoreboard. Curtis and Mahony aren't it and it would allow Stephenson to play more mid minutes. They don't need another mid or a ruck, so interesting times ahead when it comes to who they select.

North have Goldstein, Xerri, Coleman-Jones, Jacob Edwards and Comben on their list. I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if they select another ruck.

It absolutely won't happen, but since his name was brought up in a recent article, North need an Ollie Hanrahan type who can supply some zip up forward and hit the scoreboard. Curtis and Mahony aren't it and it would allow Stephenson to play more mid minutes. They don't need another mid or a ruck, so interesting times ahead when it comes to who they select.
Would’ve thought d’ambrossio would be at the top of their list. Probably the worst skilled team in the comp with zero rebound from their defensive 50. Aaron hall was their only player with a decent shoe and ability to take the game on with his kicking

Phillips will likely be placed on the LTI list sometime before the BYE Round. That would then give us two live picks. A key position player and the best available midfielder. :)
A player has to be ruled out for the season and moved to the inactive list to free up a list spot - not the LTI list

More and more each week I wouldn't mind us picking up Fergus Greene

More and more each week I wouldn't mind us picking up Fergus Greene
Fergus really got into the game in the second half notably after Tarrant didn't come back on the ground. He is a smart player but I have reservations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fergus Greene really good VFL player

No real AFL traits unfortunately

TBH, I don't want to draft for any qualities we might missing this for part or all of this season. eg McEvoy or Gunston replacement

We should treat it as a normal draft...i.e. the best young player who might turn out to be a Newcombe

TBH, I don't want to draft for any qualities we might missing this for part or all of this season. eg McEvoy or Gunston replacement

We should treat it as a normal draft...i.e. the best young player who might turn out to be a Newcombe
Absolutely. Long term perspective not short term fix.

i dont follow the State Leagues as closely as i do the u18's, so i hope if we have 2 picks that our recruiters are looking for the best Mature Bodied Ruck who can play immediately at Box Hill or Hawthorn when needed, because its almost a crisis at this point.
I know what you mean, but I'd not want to miss the opportunity at Best Available by trying to solve an immediate need with a (most likely) sub-par player.

Sure, if we were challenging or it was jeopardizing our chance at finals - agreed - but IMO, we're better off looking for players that might be long(er) term gems than short term part-fixes.

*if a young ruckman is Best Available (or close to) & has scope for big improvement then sure, grab that guy!

A ruck with our first pick only makes sense if we see a Dean Cox is there for the taking.

A ruck with our first pick only makes sense if we see a Dean Cox is there for the taking.
I dunno. If Lynch does a hammy at training then what? Kosi and Nash have to ruck for a month? That will absolute kill them and our on ball development. Surely the MSD was designed for precisely this reason.

I dunno. If Lynch does a hammy at training then what? Kosi and Nash have to ruck for a month? That will absolute kill them and our on ball development. Surely the MSD was designed for precisely this reason.
Can’t see the point of drafting for depth and a “what if” scenario with a top 5 pick in the MSD, particularly when we have midfield spots that need filling.

Has to be best available.

Should it really matter anyway? Are we chasing finals or improving our list?

I wouldn't want to make such a short sighted decision to take a ruckman instead of a better midfielder just for a hypothetical injury in a year we won't make finals

Back