Votes: 87 65.4%
  • One of those forwards kicking bags in the SANFL

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Jai version 2.0

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

MASSIMO D’AMBROSIO​

The rebounding defender from the Western Jets accumulated 24 disposals and nine rebound-50m in the win over Victoria Metro, before racking up 32 disposals and nine marks in the game against Victoria Country on Sunday. D’Ambrosio was a very clean ball user out of the back half and also spent time moving through the midfield.

MASSIMO D’AMBROSIO​

The rebounding defender from the Western Jets accumulated 24 disposals and nine rebound-50m in the win over Victoria Metro, before racking up 32 disposals and nine marks in the game against Victoria Country on Sunday. D’Ambrosio was a very clean ball user out of the back half and also spent time moving through the midfield.

If his best available you have to take him

I can see a needs rationale for taking Blanck with a second pick. Short term Hartigan replacement who the club knows well and is a chance to improve. Low risk contract, not a huge lifestyle change for him.

Derksen with the exemption is very good. Could be tempting at the top end and push more quality in the 4-6 range the Hawks are likely to pick in.

Blanck fits a need for us and he is actually competent with ball in hand from what I've seen. If he can add a little size then he will free up some of our running flankers to play higher up the ground. Not against it.

Agree with others though, first pick needs to be best available.

MASSIMO D’AMBROSIO​

Rate him highly. His ball use is fantastic and has the ability to go into the midfield.

May be too similar to what we have though with our abundance of half backs but he is quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MASSIMO D’AMBROSIO​

Skills are seriously elite.

I am intrigued by Massimo D'Ambrosio potentially being able to play midfield. Who do you guys think we take with our first pick? Personally, I'm still leaning towards Mitchell O'Neill. As for our second pick, I believe we should take Blanck or a key defender. (Tyreece Leiu?)

Last edited:
I am intrigued by Massimo D'Ambrosio potentially being able to play midfield. Who do you guys think we take with our first pick? Personally, I'm still leaning towards Mitchell O'Neill. As for our second pick, I believe we should take Blanck or a key defender. (Tyreece Leiu?)

Leiu isn’t really a key defender. He’s a tall mid/utility.

He definitely can play midfield at the junior level but whether he can translate that to AFL due to his size is another thing.

I'd love to pickup Blanck though for sure, we need the key defensive depth and he has been solid.

Back