• Best available

Votes: 87 65.4%
  • One of those forwards kicking bags in the SANFL

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Jai version 2.0

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis is a beast. Also, Blanck has improved rapidly since the beginning of the season.
Blanck has probably already gained more kgs. He was 83-85kg and 195cm last year i think or his draft year and this year was listed as 197cm and 92kg, very big, saw a pic pre season next to McEvoy and didn't look much smaller if at all.

Great draft, Ramsden is a super talent, his agility and athleticism is next level, looks alot like Luke Jackson who he mentioned he models his game on. Blanck is gonna be a chance for this week and will be again good, gained height and size (195cm 83-85kg ish) to (197cm and 92kg) and improved his listed draft weak points of Raw, Endurance and Strengths and made the latter two his strengths. His strengths listed were ability to read the ball, intercept/spoiling, rebounding and closing speed.

Ramsden also ran a better 2km than Matt Rowell ;)
How do Ramsden's characteristics compare with Jackson at that age (weight, height, speed, etc.).

Another great draft by Hawthorn. Ramsden has tremendous upside, and I think he has the chance to become a star ruck which is something we haven't had since Peter Everitt and Paul Salmon. We just need Blanck to be a solid role player and allow DGB to play his natural game.

How do Ramsden's characteristics compare with Jackson at that age (weight, height, speed, etc.).
Jackson in his draft profile:
198cm now 200cm
94kg now 100kg

STRENGTHS:

Athleticism
Ruck Craft
Follow-up work
Tackling
Marking

IMPROVEMENTS:

Lack of senior experience
Size
Versatility

From that he's got the senior experience of playing in the best team in the comp, rising star. Size 200cm is pretty good especially with his athletic ability and he's versatile in that he's a genuine RUC/FWD.

Ramsden in his draft profile:
202cm
86kg

So he's taller by 4cm in his draft year but also weighs less (he'd of gained weight since this just an fyi, probably pushes 90kg.)

STRENGTHS:
Aerial ability
Athleticism
Clean hands
Mobility
Upside
Work rate

IMPROVEMENTS:
Limited exposure
Raw
Strength

Pretty comparable and their gamestyles will probably be pretty dang similar.

So what was the reason Ramsden didn't get drafted last year?
McKenzie said he only played a couple of school games last year. Had pursued other interests (not sure if he meant an other sport or something else) and only just came back to afl. So there was nothing much for recruiters to go off. His performances this year, given that context, appear amazing. But he is going to need time to develop his game as he won’t have an athletic advantage at afl level.

Could Ramsden play this year if all 3 rucks go down again?
Pretty sure the answer to that would be no.

I just messaged my mate who’s son played with him at Sandringham last year. This is what he had to say with me in bold.

How much do you know about Max Ramsden from his Sandy days?

He’s 202cm and runs a 6.02 2km time trial. Great left foot.

What’s his tap work like? His highlights clearly show that he’s as quick as a midfielder but the thing I found interesting is most of his highlights don’t show his tap work.

Jack played with him at Melbourne Grammar same year level. He is skinny so will take time. Got a great leap so will be okay at centre bounces but I imagine will get bitched at boundary throw ins.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the answer to that would be no.

I just messaged my mate who’s son played with him at Sandringham last year. This is what he had to say with me in bold.

How much do you know about Max Ramsden from his Sandy days?

He’s 202cm and runs a 6.02 3km time trial. Great left foot.

What’s his tap work like? His highlights clearly show that he’s as quick as a midfielder but the thing I found interesting is most of his highlights don’t show his tap work.

Jack played with him at Melbourne Grammar same year level. He is skinny so will take time. Got a great leap so will be okay at centre bounces but I imagine will get bitched at boundary throw ins.
6.02 3km? you mean 2km?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure but he will be playing against big bodies in the VFL too.
Yup, i said the same thing about Will Day when people said he would be vfl for 8 years before playing.

If you can handle the toughness of vfl you can handle AFL. Games speed, leg speed, running capacity and decision making is what seperate the comps. The vfl rucks are just as strong afl rucks some stronger as they can carry more weight not being full time athletes with extreme running requirements. This is why Max Lynch fades out of AFL games as a solo ruck but did fine in vfl last few years.

Back