• Best available

Votes: 87 65.4%
  • One of those forwards kicking bags in the SANFL

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Jai version 2.0

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched that replay again his agility and quick hands for someone >200cm is impressive. Definitely worth the risk …… only 19 surely he will still put on a few kilos.

They are pick 6 & 20 - both of them are first round picks - just facts.
I don’t know about you but I’m fully expecting them to be Luke Jackson / Steven May 2.0

Seriously though hopefully in 3-4 years when we’re seriously contending again oppo supporters will moan about how we exploited the midseason draft similar to how we got a priority pick all those years ago.

Social media with some gold as always.

A bloke on Hawthorns Facebook claiming Blancks highlights are the worst he's ever seen. When called out on it replies saying he 'expects to see a player breaking away kicking goals from 60'.
No clue on list management.

Then a strange one on Insta with a bloke who is followed by Hardwick, Sicily and Clayton Oliver and appears to be a Melbourne supporter saying 'classic Hawthorn, Parsons averaging 20 and a goal in the VFL, Sydney always stealing our best'.
The entire post and this person's identify is absolutely mystifying.

A bloke on Hawthorns Facebook claiming Blancks highlights are the worst he's ever seen. When called out on it replies saying he 'expects to see a player breaking away kicking goals from 60'.

Then a strange one on Insta with a bloke who is followed by Hardwick, Sicily and Clayton Oliver and appears to be a Melbourne supporter saying 'classic Hawthorn, Parsons averaging 20 and a goal in the VFL, Sydney always stealing our best'.

Parsons has been pretty good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was some guy on Blanck's called Brad Fisher who said the following "Averaging 8 disposals a game in the VFL." the man is followed by Luke Hodge.

Kicks like Darren Jarman apparently. Stronger than Dunstall and better looking that Josh Thurgood.

At least one of those statements may be correct.

This comment was obviously made in jest, but overnight it got me thinking about Josh Thurgood.

He was one player I always wanted to do well. He always tried his guts out but never seemed to have any luck. His injuries were serious ones. His career stats of 13 games for zero wins tells a story of someone who missed out on being in the right place at the right times. Many of us wanted to see Brendan Whitecross with a premiership medallion. In the same way, we wanted to see Josh Thurgood sing the song after a game!

There have been players who enjoyed more success, but that often depends on circumstances. There have been players blessed with more natural talent but that often depends on your genes. Nobody could ever question the courage of Josh Thurgood.

Josh played AFL football which means he achieved something most of us can only dream about. I never met him so my perspective was based entirely on what I saw on-field. Whatever he is doing now off-field, I wish him well and hope he has more success than he did during his playing career.

This comment was obviously made in jest, but overnight it got me thinking about Josh Thurgood.

He was one player I always wanted to do well. He always tried his guts out but never seemed to have any luck. His injuries were serious ones. His career stats of 13 games for zero wins tells a story of someone who missed out on being in the right place at the right times. Many of us wanted to see Brendan Whitecross with a premiership medallion. In the same way, we wanted to see Josh Thurgood sing the song after a game!

There have been players who enjoyed more success, but that often depends on circumstances. There have been players blessed with more natural talent but that often depends on your genes. Nobody could ever question the courage of Josh Thurgood.

Josh played AFL football which means he achieved something most of us can only dream about. I never met him so my perspective was based entirely on what I saw on-field. Whatever he is doing now off-field, I wish him well and hope he has more success than he did during his playing career.
The "accidental" hit by Lloyd when he was beginning to find form destroyed his confidence

Yup, i said the same thing about Will Day when people said he would be vfl for 8 years before playing.

If you can handle the toughness of vfl you can handle AFL. Games speed, leg speed, running capacity and decision making is what seperate the comps. The vfl rucks are just as strong afl rucks some stronger as they can carry more weight not being full time athletes with extreme running requirements. This is why Max Lynch fades out of AFL games as a solo ruck but did fine in vfl last few years.
Except in the ruck you need to physically push another player out of position so physical strength and technique are incredibly important and ramsden has barely played footy at any level over the past two years. AFL rucks are bigger and stronger and run harder and will blow up ramsden in far less time than even lynch, despite his level of aerobic fitness.

He looks pretty solid... great kick, moves well and just ultra reliable, looks like he will come into AFL without much fuss tbh, throw our current defenders around him and its pretty solid
I watched a bit of BH this year and TBH rarely gets beaten. You don't notice him that much for a reason. Ready to go now has an extra year of development on DGB. Having 2 key backs in their early 20s is the correct way to go about a rebuild. Having another young ruck developing too is as well

Well done to our blokes got what we needed and hopefully blank plays before Hartigan this week. Kudos to dodorio as much as I hate him, grabbed the one we wanted but concurrently annoyed what ended up our other picks up until 6.30 tonight. He hates Hawthorn, may his history of beating us to the punch bite him on the butt again.
DoDo didn't get our target, we got our number one target. RoughNLove was spot on - we assumed Ramsden would be gone and we would take the WA Ruck.

Last edited:
Except in the ruck you need to physically push another player out of position so physical strength and technique are incredibly important and ramsden has barely played footy at any level over the past two years. AFL rucks are bigger and stronger and run harder and will blow up ramsden in far less time than even lynch, despite his level of aerobic fitness.
My point is so will VFL rucks. IF he can hold his own strength wise in the VFL he will be able to in the AFL too.

I don't expect him to do well in the VFL.

You rarely see players that can play well in VFL but struggle in the AFL due to Strength and size, it's always other reasons like speed, skill, decision-making, aerobic capacity. If size and strength are weaknesses in your game they will be equally exposed at VFL level as AFL.

Back