• Best available

Votes: 87 65.4%
  • One of those forwards kicking bags in the SANFL

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Jai version 2.0

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is so will VFL rucks. IF he can hold his own strength wise in the VFL he will be able to in the AFL too.

I don't expect him to do well in the VFL.

You rarely see players that can play well in VFL but struggle in the AFL due to Strength and size, it's always other reasons like speed, skill, decision-making, aerobic capacity. If size and strength are weaknesses in your game they will be equally exposed at VFL level as AFL.
And that is perfectly fine because that is what the VFL level is for. He can get bullied and make as many mistakes as he likes until he grows into his body with out the pressures of doing it at the AFL level. He'll also now be able to train in a more professional environment under the tutelage of Monkey and Hale whilst having access to a strength and conditioning program that will allow him to add the extra 10+ kilos to his frame for him to succeed at the next level.

I'm very happy with our draft. Ramsden is exactly what we're missing, and the way the game is going, you need an athletic and versatile ruck to be a good team. Reeves can be the conventional ruck. As for Max Lynch, I don't know what will happen to him. As for Blanck, I think he'll fit right in. It seems he'll be a Sam Collins type. He'll also allow DGB and Sis to play their natural game. Overall draft grade as of right now: A-

My point is so will VFL rucks. IF he can hold his own strength wise in the VFL he will be able to in the AFL too.

I don't expect him to do well in the VFL.

You rarely see players that can play well in VFL but struggle in the AFL due to Strength and size, it's always other reasons like speed, skill, decision-making, aerobic capacity. If size and strength are weaknesses in your game they will be equally exposed at VFL level as AFL.
How many skinny, 19 year old, inexperienced rucks do well at afl level? Now consider how many spend a large amount of time on the sidelines injured? Vfl is slower and easier for all players. He will have a height advantage over many vfl rucks. Heck, callow was out vfl ruck a few weeks back and he is giving up close to 10cm. And is a lot less agile than Ramsden.

I imagine the club may already have sized up possible mids at the ND, and figures we may be able to get a couple of good ones there, so took the height and potential available now...

Great pick up by the club on both kids. Hope they go to become champion players for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back