List Mgmt. 2022 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Vossy looks like an AFL ready player. If we didn't have 14 back flankers already he would be a good pick up. Our best have come from late picks.
Never pay too much for a flanker.
If they havent already (doubtful), his game on Saturday will have recruiters noting his name down. His ball use and vision was elite, setting up foray after foray into attack. He just looked like a DBJ with class.

If we go for a mid-season pick, I imagine it might be to go taller, but he should definitely be a consideration. He really looks like he could become a 150 game player. One who will just keep getting better.

If they havent already (doubtful), his game on Saturday will have recruiters noting his name down. His ball use and vision was elite, setting up foray after foray into attack. He just looked like a DBJ with class.

If we go for a mid-season pick, I imagine it might be to go taller, but he should definitely be a consideration. He really looks like he could become a 150 game player. One who will just keep getting better.
Taller or shorter.

We need a KPD and a genuine fast goal kicking FP for when Fantasia is injured

Last edited:

Young Vossy looks like an AFL ready player. If we didn't have 14 back flankers already he would be a good pick up. Our best have come from late picks.
Never pay too much for a flanker.

Yeah, we have plenty of short defenders. Not sure if young Voss could morph into a midfield option? I think Brisbane were looking at him as a F&S pick a few years back but he preferred University. Maybe their interest has been rekindled but I am not sure if they have a spot? If he isn't picked up in the 2022 MDS there is a strong chance he will get picked up in one of next year's Drafts.

Michael Voss has already ruled out Carlton picking him up in 2022 but there is always next year.

Yeah, we have plenty of short defenders. Not sure if young Voss could morph into a midfield option? I think Brisbane were looking at him as a F&S pick a few years back but he preferred University. Maybe their interest has been rekindled but I am not sure if they have a spot?

Michael Voss has already ruled out Carlton picking him up.

Voss is such an idiot. The brilliant mind made it crystal clear that the best way to run a AFL program is to employ as many family members as possible.

Reminds me of Nick Gill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixon is nearly back, and hopefully Fantasia will be soon (and hopefully doesn't get injured again)

I'd like to see us get a lockdown KPD. Is Zachary Strom a chance? He is ready to go and would give us a couple of years in his prime to find and develop a long term prospect.
Vossy's old man was good up forward towards the end of his career. If his son has any of that he might be a useful prospect up forward who could play minutes as an inside/outside midfielder with good skills.

I don't really know what I am talking about with the midseason draft so feel free to tell me I am on the wrong track

Given Raz can’t get out of bed without hurting himself are there any small forward options for the mid season draft?

Kim Kantilla - South Adelaide

Surely the modern day KPD has to be 195cm+

Would you rather pick Steven may, or billy Frampton?

There’s absolutely no reason a key defender needs to be a certain height to play the position.
Pasini was way better at sanfl level than the taller skinner this year as a key defender.

Is it a good idea to have a taller defender if you already have shorter key defenders?

yes, absolutely

but I’m not prioritising height over talent. So there’s no hard rule saying a key defender has to be “this tall”, just draft enough varied key defenders so you’re team isn’t unbalanced.

Obviously with our list, we are unbalanced with key defenders. Both a lack of young key defenders and we have no taller developing key defender.

Would I jump at the chance to draft a quality 195+cm prospect.

* yes.

Would I write off a key defender because he’s 193/194?

Hell no.

Would you rather pick Steven may, or billy Frampton?

There’s absolutely no reason a key defender needs to be a certain height to play the position.
Pasini was way better at sanfl level than the taller skinner this year as a key defender.

Is it a good idea to have a taller defender if you already have shorter key defenders?

yes, absolutely

but I’m not prioritising height over talent. So there’s no hard rule saying a key defender has to be “this tall”, just draft enough varied key defenders so you’re team isn’t unbalanced.

Obviously with our list, we are unbalanced with key defenders. Both a lack of young key defenders and we have no taller developing key defender.

Would I jump at the chance to draft a quality 195+cm prospect.

duck yes.

Would I write off a key defender because he’s 193/194?

Hell no.
Nah. Disagree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back