Review 2022 Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously, if the player we had earmarked for that second-round selection was still available, we would have found a way to accommodate Bergman returning. Besides, by the time Bergman is able to return, we will inevitably have another player who could be placed on the LTI given the season will be closer to ending.
Of course. But right now, It just makes it easier for the club knowing we already have the spot open to activate him. Anyway, all this will change when lists and delistings are finalised later in the year.

I think one thing we need to remember is that Bergman is now an inactive player which means had we taken someone else, we would have to delist an extra player to get him back onto the list (not that it should be too hard considering most have half the list being delisted :p).

Miller basically takes his senior spot back and Kallan takes Lynch's spot on the rookie list. Takes our list to 37 and 5 Cat A rookies/ 1 Cat B rookie.
Crikey GR. If you're going to post common sense like that all the time you are really going to get under the skin of most of us here on BigFooty as we're mostly only here to vent (arent we?)!!!

Good point by the way ;)

Last edited:
Crikey GR. If you're going to post common sense like that all the time you are really going to get under the skin of most of us here on BigFooty as we're mostly only here to vent (arent we?)!!!

Good point by the way ;)

Don't praise G.R. He's part of the problems at the club with his common sense approach to everything !

Its a great question and in an ideal world a KPF with a bit of promise like Wade Derksen would have been available for our second pick.

But if I'm honest, I really don't know enough about the calibre of the key forwards who were remaining in the MSD list after the first round to have an informed opinion about whether the trade off against any of those four would have been worth it.
Fair chance that the list management team has a player like Tom Scully planned for the national draft.

If we had Larkey, Scully (or some other tall forward in the draft), Comben, Edwards, and a 2nd ruck (which will work better when the 2nd ruck is CCJ) might be enough.

Anyone know what Dawson is like kicking for goal?

While his athleticism is needed in the back half, he can't take the monsters and I can't see him being a better option than Corr? Unless we plan on playing Corr as our 2nd and dropping Walker?

Need guys who can take a grab in the forward line. Be interested to see how he'd go at CHF.

Anyone know what Dawson is like kicking for goal?

While his athleticism is needed in the back half, he can't take the monsters and I can't see him being a better option than Corr? Unless we plan on playing Corr as our 2nd and dropping Walker?

Need guys who can take a grab in the forward line. Be interested to see how he'd go at CHF.

Not sure that we're recruiting a CHB from the VFL to turn him into a CHF.

I know we're not. I'm wondering about how he could be used if he'd unable to displace Aiden Corr in the event that we intend on continuing to use Corr as a 3rd.

He'll start in the VFL and if his form is good enough he'll more than likely replace Walker as the 2nd tall and Corr can play on the mediums.

I guess the thing for me is that Dawson doesn't seem like much of an upgrade on one of the KPDs available at 17 for us. He's not even genuine KPD size yet. Far too light. Love his athleticism though.

We could've picked up a Derksen or D'Ambrosio, plus another of the available KPDs and gotten two shots at filling two separate holes in our list, one being a big marking forward or the other an elite user out of the back half, as well as getting a KPD to work with.

😞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back