Review 2022 Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure we’d need to do that? Is he injured or just not actually there to play at all? I assumed he came to be a coach who would play some games in the VFL as a playing-coach and possibly play a game or two in the seniors if we were desperate. Frankly, I wasn’t sure I’d find a photo of him in a North jumper, which says a bit I guess.
honestly ive got no idea but if hes no longer being paid by the club, the afl might deem him no longer an employee, so can’t just be hanging around.

unless of course we have him an unpaid internship?

If eagles pass I wouldn’t even mind picking up Florenca. works hard and has that same textbook Tim Kelly kicking action.

Jake Florenca knows he can compete at the AFL level and is letting his football prove it.

The South Fremantle midfielder’s breakout 2022 went to another level on Saturday with a career-best performance to lead the Bulldogs to victory over Peel.
Peel had 14 dockers playing

His stats alone stand as reason enough to be looked at for next month’s mid-season draft - 41 disposals, 25 contested, 13 clearances, eight inside 50s, nine score involvements and two goals.

For now, Florenca will go back to work as a cabinet maker and wait to see if his name is called on June 1 by an AFL club.

“Life is normal. Just work Monday and play Swan Districts next week down at Bassendean,” he said.

“We’ll just see what happens.”

The Bulldogs are once again in the mix for the premiership, leaving Florenca with a bittersweet feeling should he be picked up.

“It will be mixed emotions, these are all my best mates, so it will be hard leaving them,” he said.

“Whatever happens, happens.”

Could build us a coffee cart

Jake Florenca knows he can compete at the AFL level and is letting his football prove it.

The South Fremantle midfielder’s breakout 2022 went to another level on Saturday with a career-best performance to lead the Bulldogs to victory over Peel.
Peel had 14 dockers playing

His stats alone stand as reason enough to be looked at for next month’s mid-season draft - 41 disposals, 25 contested, 13 clearances, eight inside 50s, nine score involvements and two goals.

For now, Florenca will go back to work as a cabinet maker and wait to see if his name is called on June 1 by an AFL club.

“Life is normal. Just work Monday and play Swan Districts next week down at Bassendean,” he said.

“We’ll just see what happens.”

The Bulldogs are once again in the mix for the premiership, leaving Florenca with a bittersweet feeling should he be picked up.

“It will be mixed emotions, these are all my best mates, so it will be hard leaving them,” he said.

“Whatever happens, happens.”

Could build us a coffee cart
Will be interesting to see if WC go Culley or Florenca first.

If we paid him out, do we lose him as a coach?
I’d assume could still be a coach just not a playing one which he isn’t already. As we would be retiring him as a player.

He still gets his pay under the player cap and can continue coaching

A twisting of the rules

I’d assume could still be a coach just not a playing one which he isn’t already. As we would be retiring him as a player.

A twisting of the rules
See my post above, it might be a bridge to far to have him paid out and still be around the club.

A twisting of the rules
That’s the way I read it as well, that the money is now in the cap regardless if he retires or not?

So all retiring him does is prevent him from doing playing at AFL level.

If they really wanted to get tricky anyway, they could list him as an LTI, because he isn’t going to play anyway.

Could be the first LTI in history to be listed as ‘Too Old’ LOL

Hope we take two picks and go with:

Pick 1: D'Ambrosio
then take either El Nour or Voss with our 2nd pick.

Instantly improves our skill out of the back half and all 3 would have the potential to play straight away (particularly Voss & El Nour).

Ideally I'd want a KP, but I honestly don't think there is one in the state leagues that stands out enough to be a sure thing at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

honestly ive got no idea but if hes no longer being paid by the club, the afl might deem him no longer an employee, so can’t just be hanging around.

I would assume that if he was injured that he would go on the LTI but still be able to coach. But is he injured or just not there to play?
Lots of injured players have helped out with training so that shouldn’t be a massive issue. Might look a bit suss if he’s running around at training though 😬
If he retires saying his body won’t stand up to the rigours of footy can we pay him out and keep him as a coach? Assuming we’ve got free space in the players salary cap we could afford to get a replacement in the MSD.

I would assume that if he was injured that he would go on the LTI but still be able to coach. But is he injured or just not there to play?
Lots of injured players have helped out with training so that shouldn’t be a massive issue. Might look a bit suss if he’s running around at training though 😬
If he retires saying his body won’t stand up to the rigours of footy can we pay him out and keep him as a coach? Assuming we’ve got free space in the players salary cap we could afford to get a replacement in the MSD.
a current affair are going to be all over us…

You can volunteer at clubs.

Is there a site with the mid season draft prospect rankings, like that CT would do…I seeing anything around

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s the way I read it as well, that the money is now in the cap regardless if he retires or not?

So all retiring him does is prevent him from doing playing at AFL level.

If they really wanted to get tricky anyway, they could list him as an LTI, because he isn’t going to play anyway.

Could be the first LTI in history to be listed as ‘Too Old’ LOL
I’d say it would be investigated by the AFL for cap manipulation, they won’t want this being an ongoing tactic for clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back