Review 2022 Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

We could almost fix out lack of draft picks this year if we managed to open up 3-4 spots mid year. Grab a couple of defenders and fill needs elsewhere with the intention of taking a young tall forward with pick 1 and Cooper Harvey with our 2nd choice via bids.

There's been a few.

Kennedy or his dad.

Swallows dad.

Garners mum before Heath shut her down.

I suspect there might be a few Hayden relations that come out in the wash eventually.....
I remember Hayden’s relative being mean to me on Facebook because I didn’t include him in the players that I thought were gonna be guns

That's good. If we draft him at least he'll have mates both in the AFL and VFL system.
Shannyn Sossamon Cringe GIF

I'd say Voss would be the only one we are interested in.

Turner is a bit of tweener forwards and we already have two of those in Zurhaar and Ford.

Carmichael probably not a need.

Blanck was pretty unlucky not to be drafted back in 2018. Played his juniors with the Eastern Rangers. Tested really well for speed and agility. Haven't seen how he has been going this year but looks to be only averaging around 12 disposals per game and a 3ish marks.

Just get the bloke who we think is going to have the best career in the AFL.
Overlooking that player for a short term fix would be a ridiculous decision.

With our track record - we should do the opposite of what we are thinking

Blanck was pretty unlucky not to be drafted back in 2018. Played his juniors with the Eastern Rangers. Tested really well for speed and agility. Haven't seen how he has been going this year but looks to be only averaging around 12 disposals per game and a 3ish marks.

You saying we should try him as a midfielder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Lachie fan? Don’t get me wrong, I loved him. I got a lot of s**t from my Kangas mates because he was my guy. I just meant I thought he could have finished with a more glorified career if things had gone a bit differently. Still have this in the lounge room. View attachment 1403726
He came so close to being one of the best interceptors in the game around that 2013-14 period (You could make the argument that he was in the top 2-3 during that period). OP (and later on age) killed his mobility and concussion affected his confidence in the end.

Righto times up. Your preferences please.

Sphynx Souup roos_fanatic08 -

"With selection #2 in the 2022 midseason draft North Melbourne select..?"

Toss of the coin between Jai Culley & Mutaz El Nour for me.

Really hope we take a 2nd pick and go with D’Ambrosio or Voss.

1652946435698.jpeg

Sarah Jones
"Ok next up - North Melbourne"

1652946556488.jpeg

Mark Finnigan
"Wow it's really hot under these lights .. (long silence as he tries and speak with a dry mouth).. um the North Melbourne foot um select Massim.. ah Massimus.. s**t.... (long silence)... El um Nor... Eleanor.. no no... s**t sorry we're on air aren't we.. um.. North Melbourne select Lachie Hosie"

images

Mark Finnigan
"Yeh pressure got to me, I choked. You put your hand up and just have to say wasn't my day..

(journalist asks question in background) ..

..How's he going? No idea, um haven't tracked him at all since we delisted him to be honest with you. Don't really know how we're going to get out of this one mate."

There's been a few.

Kennedy or his dad.

Swallows dad.

Garners mum before Heath shut her down.

I suspect there might be a few Hayden relations that come out in the wash eventually.....
I’m still pro Hayden, but am no relation or connection. Some of us just want players to do well, he looks like a 70’s style shinboner.

A Lachie fan? Don’t get me wrong, I loved him. I got a lot of s**t from my Kangas mates because he was my guy. I just meant I thought he could have finished with a more glorified career if things had gone a bit differently. Still have this in the lounge room. View attachment 1403726
To be fair, Lachie would probably walk into this team atm. Well, that’s assuming they could get him out of the tree safely 69C444F8-DA34-4314-AFA0-E6B0306AF324.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back