Yeah that’s the massive problem with Tmitch he’s gets ball but he’s disposals are shockingYeah I know he finished strong, I had him all year, but he still got shafted a fair bit IMO:
R2 - 37 touches, 109SC
R4 - 38 touches, 107SC
R5 - 32 touches, 76SC
R7 - 38 touches, 105SC
R9 - 28 touches, 76SC
R14 - 36 touches 8 TACKLES, 114SC
Might just be my imperfect memory, but it shat me so much last year and now I’m burned!
A couple of notes from pies training:
- Lipinski has been dominant in the midfield, where he is predominantly based, having effectively taken Pendles spot by the look of it. His price is a bit awkward at $356k, but he’ll go close to 100ave IMO. The new DPP rules make him more appealing, as it sounds like he’ll be resting forward so could be a shout for DPP after R6. I’ll be trying to find a way to get him into my team, however it may be hard given the number of rookie warm bodies that may be required from Collingwood.
- JDG & Lipinski look to be swapping mid/fwd, with the former spending more time mid at this stage. Not sure if this is permanent or if it’s due to JDG being eased back in. Could affect JDGs scoring?
- McInnes playing predominantly forward in match sim. If he plays he’ll by M/F by R6, however his scoring may be stifled with minimal mid minutes. Also he’s not a natural fwd. I am cooling on his prospects as a rook.
- Macrae firmly in mids, first rotation, getting consistent ball.
- Crisp not getting as much mid exposure as I had expected, but still rotating through.
- Nick Daicos seems to be running with Adams and has been attending a few stoppages. Skills, vision, evasiveness are 10/10.
Hoping Serong breaks out +20 this year to finish M8 , big junior numbers .Forget Andy B, that bloke shuts down faster than Mark McGowan when he hears a sniff of someone not welcome intruding his space.
Anyone like SERONGGGGG?
Yeah that’s the massive problem with Tmitch he’s gets ball but he’s disposals are shocking
My take on Mitchell is in getting lots of possessions he does not hurt the opposition anywhere near enough. Not as many clangers because he plays mainly risk free footy.Look I know I'm a Hawks fan (natural bias and all) but it's pure bs saying Tom's disposals are shocking. I mean if he's shocking what do you call Tim Taranto and Clayton Oliver? It's the worst lazy stereotype.
My take on Mitchell is in getting lots of possessions he does not hurt the opposition anywhere near enough. Not as many clangers because he plays mainly risk free footy.
But he's good for SC though which is what matters here.
I don't think he's that much different to the other top midfielders in the AFL (eg Oliver, Macrae) hence I also take exception to the part in bold. He does take the safe option often (perhaps slightly more often than some of the other top liners) but will take the risky option when warranted too. Sure he turns it over a bit - like everyone else.
People are just making false assertions and massive exaggerations based on not much at all.