Position 2022 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Northernsoul74

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lachy Ash was actually tagging for us last year and doing a great job, with us prefering to put DeBoer as a pressure forward when he was fit.
Ash worked well as a tag as he could damage teams with his two way run and move off his player. He was getting beaten one on one as a defender but was better in the mid contests. I doubt Leon will want to ultimately turn someone with the class and skill of Ash into a tagger long term.
Where do you see Coniglio lining up? He’s pretty much a no brainer at his price but he’s had some ugly roles in recent times.

PaythePerryman

Debutant
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Where do you see Coniglio lining up? He’s pretty much a no brainer at his price but he’s had some ugly roles in recent times.
Here's how I see it going down. We will replace Greene(suspension) in the forward line for the first 5 weeks with Connor Stone, he's a similar mid/forward hybrid that has good goal sense. Tanner Bruhn will play small/pressure forward alongside Daniels/Bobby Hill, all three having short stints in the mid especially when Leon feels we need a different look/pace in there.
I think last year proved that Cogs best position is still midfield. They don't want him to play pressure forward or anything like that. I believe they still think his ceiling is an elite mid and won't want to waste him in a defensive forward role. For the first 5 rounds at least I think he lines up pure midfield....and if it doesn't work from there. So be it. Move him around...again.
So I think they will try and rotate Taranto with Stone in the 'hybrid forward' role. Leaving Cogs/Green/Hopper/Ward as your stay at home midfielders.
Callaghan on the wing learning from Kelly to develop into an inside/outside player. But we shall see how he goes in the practice matches.
Anyone else you keen on?

WaynesWorld19

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Here's how I see it going down. We will replace Greene(suspension) in the forward line for the first 5 weeks with Connor Stone, he's a similar mid/forward hybrid that has good goal sense. Tanner Bruhn will play small/pressure forward alongside Daniels/Bobby Hill, all three having short stints in the mid especially when Leon feels we need a different look/pace in there.
I think last year proved that Cogs best position is still midfield. They don't want him to play pressure forward or anything like that. I believe they still think his ceiling is an elite mid and won't want to waste him in a defensive forward role. For the first 5 rounds at least I think he lines up pure midfield....and if it doesn't work from there. So be it. Move him around...again.
So I think they will try and rotate Taranto with Stone in the 'hybrid forward' role. Leaving Cogs/Green/Hopper/Ward as your stay at home midfielders.
Callaghan on the wing learning from Kelly to develop into an inside/outside player. But we shall see how he goes in the practice matches.
Anyone else you keen on?
Where does Kelly play ?

WaynesWorld19

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Exactly the same role as last year. Inside/outside midfielder. He'll be the one the extractors will try and be flicking it out to.
But Jelly started the season last year up fwd didn't he ? .....then switched into that inside / outside mid around R6

1641518007501.png

Last edited:

Seymour Skinner

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
Springfield
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
Lachy Ash was actually tagging for us last year and doing a great job, with us prefering to put DeBoer as a pressure forward when he was fit.
Ash worked well as a tag as he could damage teams with his two way run and move off his player. He was getting beaten one on one as a defender but was better in the mid contests. I doubt Leon will want to ultimately turn someone with the class and skill of Ash into a tagger long term.

Didn't realise Ash was given roles.
But yeah, he's gonna be far too good to be a tagger by trade going forward.

Here2tellyouwhy

SA GREAT
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Anyone else you keen on?
Stopped reading at when Leon

WaynesWorld19

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Not sure if you don't like rate Leon or you think I'm talking out of my arse. It's BigFooty so probably both.
Nah ....we just don't trust Coach's who throw their players around on-field ....or worse, "manage" them

Horse is up there with Leon .....many got burn't last year with Taranto being pushed forward .....this is serious stuff here, a lot rate their Fantasy Teams over the game itself ;)

Reckon Luke Beveridge has his haters here as well .....changing roles week to week should have a Coach's Contract torn up .....and we won't even touch the subject of Coach's hiding injuries & having late outs (see Chris Scott)

Here2tellyouwhy

SA GREAT
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Not sure if you don't like rate Leon or you think I'm talking out of my arse. It's BigFooty so probably both.
Nah mate. Leon is a joke around here. Well and outside of here too.

He will find a way to single handedly destroy your entire SC season when you hold just one GWS bench rookie.

Im pretty sure hes an insider of the SC Gods or some sh*t.

Anyho welcome and good luck avoiding Leon carnage :moustache:

Here2tellyouwhy

SA GREAT
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
.....this is serious stuff here, a lot rate their Fantasy Teams over the game itself ;)
Im a drunk and my teams are always absolute trash. Plus I start Hurn and often Captain him just for the lols
(and because hes got nice legs) and Roughie perfectly fit players for no reason other than I can.
And even after all of this, my team became better than the game the moment Leon became coach of GWS.
The end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Tomorrow

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Nah ....we just don't trust Coach's who throw their players around on-field ....or worse, "manage" them

Horse is up there with Leon .....many got burn't last year with Taranto being pushed forward .....this is serious stuff here, a lot rate their Fantasy Teams over the game itself ;)

Reckon Luke Beveridge has his haters here as well .....changing roles week to week should have a Coach's Contract torn up .....and we won't even touch the subject of Coach's hiding injuries & having late outs (see Chris Scott)
Bevo plays $102k rookies though, so he gets a pass. Just don't pick that little turd Helmet and you'll be OK.

Leon is a kent who hates SC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad