🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
FL_8T13VEAMSkXE

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Gotta be injury, he is/was a gun and you don't lose that overnight, bad game plan or not.
He didn't appear to be injured going into the bye ? ....but if he's going to be having recurring injuries, that's just another red flag ....his scoring was very volatile

I do agree, the gameplan was lopsided to offense .....

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
He didn't appear to be injured going into the bye ? ....but if he's going to be having recurring injuries, that's just another red flag ....his scoring was very volatile

I do agree, the gameplan was lopsided to offense .....
He has lost all his explosiveness the last couple of years. Looked like an absolute plodder running around most games this year. He simply doesnt have the agility, strength or speed to evade close attention at the moment which has caused his drop off in form. That could be OP, his back, knees or his shoulder for all we know.

During pre season he was moving very well and looked to be back to his best however after about half way through round 1 it seemed like he reaggrevated something during a big hit and never looked the same for the rest of the season. Reports were that he had a fracture in his back which Teague later acknowledged existed bui we'll never know.

Dunno what will happen in 2022 but as someone whos watched every single game hes played I believe if he gets through pre season fully healthy he's a lock for my side. If he has any niggles or interruptions I wont be going near him.

How he effects others scoring is what im concerned about, if he gets back to premo I feel like Walsh will go another level again as he'll be getting fed more ball but I hate selecting too many blues players in a side

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Gotta be injury, he is/was a gun and you don't lose that overnight, bad game plan or not.
Played with a fractured back which he should absolutely not have been able to do. Ridiculous that he cleared himself to do so.

I’m backing him in to average 100+ again this season if fit, but he burnt me and broke my heart the KENT!

Never again.

And by never again I mean he still may find his way into my starting squad.

But NEVER again!

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Andrew Brayshaw ($584,300 MID)
🔐

First it was the Breakout, now it’s time for the young Dockers midfielder to cement himself as SuperCoach royalty. Averaged 107.3 for the year, and 117.1 after the Dockers bye. He’ll have a huge role in that midfield with Nat Fyfe battling to get back after his shoulder mishap and David Mundy ($542,300 MID) aging. I think he will form a formidable partnership with Caleb Serong and the other midfielders the Fremantle Football Club have brought into the building.

🔐

First it was the Breakout, now it’s time for the young Dockers midfielder to cement himself as SuperCoach royalty. Averaged 107.3 for the year, and 117.1 after the Dockers bye. He’ll have a huge role in that midfield with Nat Fyfe battling to get back after his shoulder mishap and David Mundy ($542,300 MID) aging. I think he will form a formidable partnership with Caleb Serong and the other midfielders the Fremantle Football Club have brought into the building.

Does no Cerra, a limited Fyfe and very old Mundy help or hinder scoring🤷‍♂️

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Does no Cerra, a limited Fyfe and very old Mundy help or hinder scoring🤷‍♂️
IMO it means as FREO's future Capt, that he'll step up .....just seems that type of player, much like Selwood

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
🔐

You lost me at Jock Reynolds.

IMO it means as FREO's future Capt, that he'll step up .....just seems that type of player, much like Selwood

Struggled with the tag didn't he? Gonna cop a lot more attention after breaking out, on top of Mundy and Fyfe being dead.
Captaincy usually hurts SC prospects.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Struggled with the tag didn't he? Gonna cop a lot more attention after breaking out, on top of Mundy and Fyfe being dead.
Surely FREO will know that possibility going into the season .....76 games into his career, hopefully he deals with a tag better ....will Brodie assist or not do you think ?

Mills and laird being slept on big time IMO, Mills in particular. Reckon he could go 120+, Laird is probably around his peak but very safe option

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah while it’s very boring I just don’t see any need to take a punt on starting mids with any question marks this year. We have a load of proven performers with clear proven roles.

Surely FREO will know that possibility going into the season .....76 games into his career, hopefully he deals with a tag better ....will Brodie assist or not do you think ?

Freo are going backwards if that plonker Brodie makes the best 22.

Yeah while it’s very boring I just don’t see any need to take a punt on starting mids with any question marks this year. We have a load of proven performers with clear proven roles.

100% agree.

I still think that because of how quickly Oliver broke out people are trying to jump on the next big thing.

Just not enough upside when you can pay 50k more and get a Titch, Laird or Zerrett who have very little downside.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Seem to also remember a lot of ???? on Jack Steele when St Kilda drafted him .....one paced, tagger with questionable kicking skills

Ben Keays couldn't get a game at BRIS .....now a good AFL player ....sometimes a fresh start and confidence by the Coach pays dividends ...and remember, we are talking Gold Coast

Jack Crisp was also the steak knives in the Dwaye Beams trade ...for pick #5 and #25 ....so BRIS didn't have confidence in Jack

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
100% agree.

I still think that because of how quickly Oliver broke out people are trying to jump on the next big thing.

Just not enough upside when you can pay 50k more and get a Titch, Laird or Zerrett who have very little downside.
The coaches panel podcast was talking about Mills yesterday. It was all very interesting until you realise you can get a Merrett type around the same price.

Seem to also remember a lot of ???? on Jack Steele when St Kilda drafted him .....one paced, tagger with questionable kicking skills

Ben Keays couldn't get a game at BRIS .....now a good AFL player ....sometimes a fresh start and confidence by the Coach pays dividends ...and remember, we are talking Gold Coast

Jack Crisp was also the steak knives in the Dwaye Beams trade ...for pick #5 and #25 ....so BRIS didn't have confidence in Jack

There's a lot more instances of dud fringe players getting traded and remaining dud fridge players.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I’m concerned that an injury or 2 and they are both candidates to be sent back to defence. I’d prefer Wines around the same price.
Can't see Laird moving back, he's the Crows best midfielder. Mills maybe, can't trust Horse.

Brodie will make Paddy Wow look like a gun.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
I’m concerned that an injury or 2 and they are both candidates to be sent back to defence. I’d prefer Wines around the same price.

Think Lairds Def days are done while still in his prime. Before being moved he was almost dropped on his form back there, they tried him at HF and started him on the bench. Would take 4 injuries and even then I still think he'd stay midfield.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Can't see Laird moving back, he's the Crows best midfielder. Mills maybe, can't trust Horse.

Brodie will make Paddy Wow look like a gun.

Mills will stay now, might just move if a mid game injury happens. JPK is old and getting injuries, Hewitt gone.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
LOL ....more about Brayshaws numbers after the bye ...117 ave :)

He's an accumulator too

No doubt a gun and likely gets to 120+ at some stage. Tog is too low (78%, compared to Walsh's 89%) and did have, albeit very minor calf issue that alternatives don't have. Might as well pay an extra 60k for Walsh or Titch (124 post bye).

Back