Position 2022 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

FL_8T13VEAMSkXE

Brisbane Lions captain Dayne Zorko could be set for a “major” positional change in 2022.

Zorko, 32, has predominantly played as a midfielder/forward across his 208 games, however, his 11th season in the AFL could see him move to the backline.

Known for his elite speed and ball use, Brownlow medallist Gerard Healy feels the move to defence would be a good move for the veteran.

“I’m hearing there may be a major positional move for a very important player up at Brisbane,” Healy said on Sportsday.

Dayne Zorko, I’m hearing, may be producing his wizardry at half back.

“Bit of rebound and a little bit more extra pace.”

Brisbane Lions captain Dayne Zorko could be set for a “major” positional change in 2022.

Zorko, 32, has predominantly played as a midfielder/forward across his 208 games, however, his 11th season in the AFL could see him move to the backline.

Known for his elite speed and ball use, Brownlow medallist Gerard Healy feels the move to defence would be a good move for the veteran.

“I’m hearing there may be a major positional move for a very important player up at Brisbane,” Healy said on Sportsday.

“Dayne Zorko, I’m hearing, may be producing his wizardry at half back.

Healy is often wrong on he’s Lions news he said Neale would spend time forward last season Neale hardly spent anytime forward last year

Healy is often wrong on he’s Lions news he said Neale would spend time forward last season Neale hardly spent anytime forward last year
Healy is a f-wit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Neale also hardly played due to injury ....you can understand that plan being scuttled, initially he was coming back after a limited PS and suspect back ....makes sense he'd be eased back in as a Mid /fwd with limited mid minutes

The injury thereafter scuttled those plans

“Dayne Zorko, I’m hearing, may be producing his wizardry at half back. /[/URL]

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

Not a lot of people seem to be picking Bont. I have a feeling he may go bigger than last season. I wonder if its worth changing up my structure to get an extra premo mid in.

Not a lot of people seem to be picking Bont. I have a feeling he may go bigger than last season. I wonder if its worth changing up my structure to get an extra premo mid in.

He is a genuine option but most will want to limit their exposure to any one team and Macrae will be first picked for a lot of teams.

“Dayne Zorko, I’m hearing, may be producing his wizardry at half back.

That is probably the end of 100 averages for Rich IMO.

Thoughts on Simpkin?
His numbers are good enough for a 110 average but his disposal / giving away silly free kicks holds him back.
Better to wait and watch his early part of the season. If he goes nuts, grab him then.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back