Position 2022 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

FL_8T13VEAMSkXE

Yeah I'm the same. I had Tracc all last year but not Oliver. I'm just leaning towards Clarry atm because I think Tracc will be easier to trade in
It’s funny with Oliver
I’ve never ever started him yet every pre season he’s in my team right up until teams get announced. Maybe that changes this year, all I know is that he always ends up in my team haha absolute gun

My thinking to
Just need a tag or two from Oliver and he’ll be near or under 600k as the first upgrade target
It’s types like he and Bont who can be tagged that I’m using as upgrade targets in the mids
Guys who are like Steele and Macrae and I think Touk will stay above 600+ all year as the tags don’t affect them as badly imo

Walsh another who is a good upgrade target as he has shown he can dip the odd bad score.
My thinking also...
Ollie has a date with DeBoer in Rd 5 I think without checking. Passing on him in my starting side and hoping he cops a ripe old tag like last year until MDB got injured in that game.

Tracc has another gear to go.

I've currently got the top 4 and Neale but he's next in line. I think he'll go around 120

Because Tracc plays forward a bit he's more likely to drop the odd sub 100 score than the likes of Macrae or Steele. I see him as a good upgrade target once he chucks in a few subpar weeks back to back.

Petracca is a great player but I think 120 is not a realistic expectation based on history Yeah he could average 120 but I'd bet against it.

Because Tracc plays forward a bit he's more likely to drop the odd sub 100 score than the likes of Macrae or Steele. I see him as a good upgrade target once he chucks in a few subpar weeks back to back.

Petracca is a great player but I think 120 is not a realistic expectation based on history Yeah he could average 120 but I'd bet against it.

In the 9 games Trac went sub 100 last year, his SC to AF ratio was -130, or about -14ppg. Over the year his AF and SC average was 111 dead even basically. I think the real indicator is his ball use more than his ability to sit forward. He can be a real butcher at times and following live scores a lot last year it seemed to be the case. For a guy who spends time forward he averaged 29 touches, 5 marks and 4 tackles and had 40 scoring shots for 24 goals. Bloke is always in the game, it’s insane.

If he can somehow limit his clanger count (125 last year and second to Clarry) and improve his kicking efficiency (51.6% 🤮) he will be a 120+ pick with ease

Agree with this.

There are probably 10-15 mid's you can make a case for starting this year, and we need reasons not to pick most of them. Petracca is one of a few that the bold applies to so like you I'll look at him when he has the inevitable bad game or two and his price drops.

Macrae, Steele, Oliver, Titch & Neale for me currently :fire:
I'm really struggling with my M3

Currently Walsh .....but contenders are Mills and Titch ......ATS gone with who has the best draw

In the 9 games Trac went sub 100 last year, his SC to AF ratio was -130, or about -14ppg. Over the year his AF and SC average was 111 dead even basically. I think the real indicator is his ball use more than his ability to sit forward. He can be a real butcher at times and following live scores a lot last year it seemed to be the case. For a guy who spends time forward he averaged 29 touches, 5 marks and 4 tackles and had 40 scoring shots for 24 goals. Bloke is always in the game, it’s insane.

If he can somehow limit his clanger count (125 last year and second to Clarry) and improve his kicking efficiency (51.6% 🤮) he will be a 120+ pick with ease
I see your point but given his age (26?) I think he's kind of set in his ways. I keep thinking Tim Taranto will clean up his disposal and suddenly become a 120 average player and I keep being disappointed. I think Tracc will be similar SC wise over a whole year. He'll have games like the GF where it all goes right and others where it doesn't.

I'm really struggling with my M3

Currently Walsh .....but contenders are Mills and Titch ......ATS gone with who has the best draw
Thing with walsh is we don’t know his ceiling he’s only getting better

Titch is having a full pre season unlike the last 2 years where he still went at 113 and 117 amazingly

Mills more of an injury risk if that Achilles from last year is anything To go by. But he scores so effortlessly I love the pick

Add them to the super premos in Macrae Steele Touk Oliver and Bont and they are all great picks

Lyons laird parish Merrett Guthrie mills trac are all safe picks too.

It may be worth looking for the upside on mids over safety with the extra trades. I’m not going to pick parish but starting him with the potential to go 120+ early and get a jump on teams has more merit with 5 extra trades. If he flops early you can off load him to someone performing better and while it’s annoying it was worth a risk. I’m going safe this year but people that take these punts might not be hurt as badly as years gone by

I see your point but given his age (26?) I think he's kind of set in his ways. I keep thinking Tim Taranto will clean up his disposal and suddenly become a 120 average player and I keep being disappointed. I think Tracc will be similar SC wise over a whole year. He'll have games like the GF where it all goes right and others where it doesn't.
Players like Petracca (or Bont) are like a playmaker in football, it's their job to go the aggressive/attacking option. Because they are guns it often works, some days it doesn't. And then their price drops and we pounce to trade them in......

Evil Laugh Creepy Smile GIF

Players like Petracca (or Bont) are like a playmaker in football, it's their job to go the aggressive/attacking option. Because they are guns it often works, some days it doesn't. And then their price drops and we pounce to trade them in......

Evil Laugh Creepy Smile GIF
Bit like Dusty in his prime
Trac has so many similarities but does the defensive stuff that Dusty never has bothered with. It’s why Dusty has always been so frustrating in supercoach because with his tools he should’ve been a 110+ guy year on year but he’s never done that bar once in his Brownlow year

Trac is Dusty at his peak who actually tackles. Not saying he’s going to be as good as a player but in supercoach and fantasy terms he’s better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit like Dusty in his prime
Trac has so many similarities but does the defensive stuff that Dusty never has bothered with. It’s why Dusty has always been so frustrating in supercoach because with his tools he should’ve been a 110+ guy year on year but he’s never done that bar once in his Brownlow year

Trac is Dusty at his peak who actually tackles. Not saying he’s going to be as good as a player but in supercoach and fantasy terms he’s better
Well Petracca's final's series last year was as good as Dusty imo. Hard to compare them until they finish though. Very similar players as you say.

Thing with walsh is we don’t know his ceiling he’s only getting better

Titch is having a full pre season unlike the last 2 years where he still went at 113 and 117 amazingly

Mills more of an injury risk if that Achilles from last year is anything To go by. But he scores so effortlessly I love the pick

Add them to the super premos in Macrae Steele Touk Oliver and Bont and they are all great picks

Lyons laird parish Merrett Guthrie mills trac are all safe picks too.

It may be worth looking for the upside on mids over safety with the extra trades. I’m not going to pick parish but starting him with the potential to go 120+ early and get a jump on teams has more merit with 5 extra trades. If he flops early you can off load him to someone performing better and while it’s annoying it was worth a risk. I’m going safe this year but people that take these punts might not be hurt as badly as years gone by
Totally agree .....my thoughts are Walsh still has upside, and he's probably the most resilient, injury wise, of the 3 .....whereas I'm thinking Titch maynot have the same scoring upside

Kinda hoping Daicos looks like Paddy Dow in preseason so i can start with this;
1643181655380.png
Big Cats GIF by NETFLIX

Totally agree .....my thoughts are Walsh still has upside, and he's probably the most resilient, injury wise, of the 3 .....whereas I'm thinking Titch maynot have the same scoring upside
100% on walsh only thing this year is whether the help from Cripps cerra and the supporting crew eat into the scoring. Last year no one in that midfield took points away. Realistically this year Cripps and cerra could both go 100+ with kennedy and curnow near 90 again. Add in hewett along with the rest of the crew Carlton will score better this year then last year imo. Walsh was a one man army last year and while I think he’ll still improve I think it would be to 120 max. Touk Oliver Steele and Macrae all passed that last year. Bont pre shoulder injury was averaging high 120’s and I think titch/Neale can hit 120+ this year. Walsh would be at the bottom of that list personally but I would not begrudge anyone starting him and enjoying the ride!

Reports are titch hasn’t been getting full inside time at hawthorn training in match sim
But if you look at the last 6-10 games of last year he started at half forward a heap of the time before running around as an extra midfielder. He scored great in the role. Titch is in the best shape he’s been in years so I’m gonna see that pre season game and make a call. A guy who has scored at 130 before is someone im keen on

100% on walsh only thing this year is whether the help from Cripps cerra and the supporting crew eat into the scoring. Last year no one in that midfield took points away. Realistically this year Cripps and cerra could both go 100+ with kennedy and curnow near 90 again. Add in hewett along with the rest of the crew Carlton will score better this year then last year imo. Walsh was a one man army last year and while I think he’ll still improve I think it would be to 120 max. Touk Oliver Steele and Macrae all passed that last year. Bont pre shoulder injury was averaging high 120’s and I think titch/Neale can hit 120+ this year. Walsh would be at the bottom of that list personally but I would not begrudge anyone starting him and enjoying the ride!

Reports are titch hasn’t been getting full inside time at hawthorn training in match sim
But if you look at the last 6-10 games of last year he started at half forward a heap of the time before running around as an extra midfielder. He scored great in the role. Titch is in the best shape he’s been in years so I’m gonna see that pre season game and make a call. A guy who has scored at 130 before is someone im keen on
Titch body is the best ever by far. Looks quicker and stronger all to go with it. He will likely play the same role he did late in the year which benefits him, with more confidence in the body he’ll also in my opinion average more clearances and contested possessions while kicking more goals due to the mix of time forward.

You'd have to say Walsh will be the #1 CARL Mid this year .....with Cripps and Cerra a ways back ....I just don't see Cripps getting back to his SC beast mode

And didn't I back him last year .....did a roughy on Cripps to my total detriment

Talk about a player being a tease. Tarranto is right up there. Bloke should be a top 20 player in the comp but hardly gets a continual good run at ut. I want him to be that player (120 pPg) but doubt he'll ever get there.

It's not his fault, it's Champion Toilets.

They rob him blind. Until they start giving Taranto points properly and stop slaughtering him when he does a clanger, he won't ever be a premo in SC.

Regularly scores 80 from 30 disposals.

Dangerpenis can pull an 80 from 5 touches.

They rob him blind. Until they start giving Taranto points properly and stop slaughtering him when he does a clanger, he won't ever be a premo in SC.

Didn’t Bont score 150 from 5 touches once? :p

Agree will definitely be hoping Pet gets Forwards status

Maybe he should try passing the ball to a teammate for a change, see how that feels? :moustache:

Anyway, Danger has slicked back hair, shiny shoulders and runs very fast, can't blame CD really can you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back